Maxxima Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxxima Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.1

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (Shoreditch, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

face to face
    with 2 manager
    - there is a test that you will take
    - you will then have a chat with the managers
    - they make it very comfortable for you
    - its clear they want to see what type of person you are, getting a feel for your personality and how you'd handle situations

Interview Questions

• questions about your cv
      questions about the job role
      questions about the company
      scenario questions
      1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

-Telephone interview: mainly question you on why you chose Maxxima and the position you've chosen
    If successful, you will be invited to the Assessment centre.
    -Assessment centre: presenting a sales pitch in just a minute (I'd advise you to practice which would cut down on filler words and etc)
    -Maths test
    -Presentation
    If successful, in all three areas, then you'll progress onto an interview with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• (Just from briefly highlighting employment working at a well known shoe shop)
      Q: What was your target you had to hit when working in retail?
      Q: If a customer were going to buy dreadful looking shoes, would you support their choice?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent in my CV and did a short telephone interview. I went ahead for the assessment stage. This was a long day from 9:30 to 4:30 pm. There were 3 stages.

The first stage was a 1 minute individual presentation and a group presentation. Basically involved explaining why one should employ another candidate as a recruitment consultant in a minute. The group presentation involved answering 3 questions about the company and presenting it to the managers.

The second stage if one was successful was to defend yourself as to why they should employ you and a 10 minute maths test which involved 30 questions. This was just basic maths so it wasn't that hard. It was just basically thinking and acting fast as it was to be done in 10 minutes.
    If successful at this stage after passing the pass mark for the maths test which was 20/30, you get moved on to the one on one interview stage. This was basically CV screening. So you have to answer questions based on your CV and really why you think the job would suit you.

All in all it was very challenging and stimulating, which I very much enjoyed. Even if I didn't get the job offer I would have still felt good with myself as I learnt a lot and still went all the way to the final stage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing negative to say

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima in May 2016.

Interview

The first stage was the telephone interview in which they asked general questions about the industry and my relevant work experience. At the end of the interview (more of a chat) I was invited to one of their assessment days held at the office. This was a great experience and an effective way for the managers to get to know you. The activities included a group presentation, a one minute pitch and a numerical test.

Interview Questions

fantastic company but for personal reasons I had to decline

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxxima.

Interview

First round was an assessment centre in a local hotel, lots of fun, lots of laughs and many likeminded people. Had the second interview with two of the team leaders in the office.
    The assessment centre was positive, people and the management team were friendly and honest. However, the second interview was unexpectedly bad, and I was treated rudely the entire time.
    I felt unwelcome when I entered the room, like she had already chosen the ones she wanted and my interview caused her inconvenience. They wanted to get it done as quickly as they could and asked inappropriate and repetitive questions. I felt like I was being interrogated and grilled in terms of my personal family plans (children) and was very insulted. I was asked repeatedly in a harsh tone about why I hadn't already moved to the local area even though I hadn't been assured of getting the job yet. When I don't have a job, why would my partner and I buy a house here when we are still working elsewhere? It felt less like an interview and more like an inquisition into my personal life. Plans on living arrangements and opinions on children should have no place in an interview. The feedback was equally poor, low in detail and felt more like an excuse than a reason.

Interview Questions

Maxxima Response

Feb 16, 2016 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review and advising us of your experience. It's important as the points raised in your feedback don't reflect the general culture of our business. We've investigated what occurred ... More

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (Shoreditch, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I took a unique route into the company. Working in the office on an unrelated temporary admin assignment, I was given the opportunity to interview for a permanent compliance position, unlike the majority of employees who are expected to progress from compliance to becoming a consultant. Having previously been observed within the office, I was given a less formal interview with the compliance manager, followed by another informal interview with the managing director and a senior consultant, then a maths test.

Interview Questions

• Would I be ale to deal with handling numerous candidates by phone and email every day?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoxton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxima (Hoxton, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Assessment day at a local hotel.
    Several group presentations, mental arithmetic maths test, introductory speech, one minute pitch, formal interview.
    Warm and friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunity to shine. Definitely a better way of hiring than a series of straight formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Several interviews throughout the day including a one minute pitch to the board. There was also a very simple maths test using rounding skills and mental arithmetic.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening prior to invite to first interview.

30 question multiple choice maths test with an approximate 10 minute time limit. If passed, the first interview is done there and then, usually with two sales team managers.

If successful, you are invited back another day for a second interview, usually with the managing director and a different sales team manager.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of something you have done of which you are proud.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Phone conversation with the manager after sending CV
    2. Face to face interview with the manager
    3. 2nd face to face interview with the manager, directors and some current employess. A numeracy test was also taken.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was a definite yes, just needed to negotiate a start date.

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (City of London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very relaxed, and informal. Pleasant lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a series of one on one interviews with various divisional heads all conducted in the open plan conference room within their London City offices.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't hit with any difficult or unexpected questions, principally because the Managing Director contacted me directly for an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Immediate