Cover image for Members 1st

57% Recommend to a Friend
83% Approve of CEO

Found 95 of over 98 reviews

3.3
Members 1st President and Chief Executive Officer George Nahodil  (no image)
George Nahodil

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

140.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Members 1st~425761
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Members 1st? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Members 1st employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Members 1st and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment and care about employees

Aug 18, 2022 - User Experience Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Bonuses Great pay

Cons

None they are great all around

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Expected so much more

Jan 3, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Enola, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice new headquarter building, pay is competitive with great 401k match. CEO grants bonuses here and there which is great.

Cons

Remote employees are not being watched and are goofing off on company time with no consequence. Employees are disposable to management. They promote hiring within, but never provide additional training to get you to the next level. Record breaking numbers within last two years, and they threw logo-branded clothing at us and free mugs.

3. Join the Members 1st team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

A good fit for some

Sep 28, 2022 - Assistant Branch Manager II in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, somewhat set schedule, closed on Sundays, all major and minor holidays paid, PTO accrual is above average. Pay scale depending on job role is competitive.

Cons

Sales are heavily focused on. Not all branches or departments are equal although the job description and pay does not change based on this. You are expected to take on more duties when other branches or departments are short staffed but are not compensated for taking on these duties. You are pulled in many directions and priorities are not always clearly communicated. Growth or movement can be discouraged due to staffing within current branch/department and not based on performance and career objectives of the associate.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company but falling behind on the times

Aug 2, 2022 - Collateral Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have really worked on having a family atmosphere. They do try to make their employees happy.

Cons

They won't allow employees that were remote during pandemic remain remote even though there was no issues during remote work. They built a new building and want to keep it filled up.

6. 2.0

Borderline Cult

Dec 13, 2021 - Customer Service Representative II in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were alright, a lot of my non-management coworkers were nice

Cons

The pay is wildly inconsistent between employees, with someone who worked there about the same amount of time as me in a similar position making $14/hr while I made $21/hr, with no clear reason for the difference. On top of that, the culture is often very toxic and almost cult-like, with management doing gimmicky nonsense to try and be funny and relatable or whatever, but behind closed doors you’re treated like an inconvenience at best. Back when their slogan was “We put our members first!” There was a running joke of “and our employees last!” If you’re struggling, you’ll receive almost no support unless your supervisor likes you personally, and if you aren’t willing to drink the M1st koolaid and you actually express any concerns or suggestions for change, you’ll never move within the company. If they don’t like you, they’ll push you until you break, then reprimand you for not being dedicated enough. They care more about their numbers than your health (mental or physical), and their “rewards” for being a good employee are tone-deaf at best. No one wanted a Hershey’s kiss and a gift card on “employee appreciation day”, they want sick leave and decent maternity benefits. They think that a “good culture” means “gaslighting employees into thinking they can’t do better.” I was literally called a traitor when I left, but leaving was the best decision I’ve ever made for my own health.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Don't fall for it

Oct 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, great 401k

Cons

Don't fall for the, we are family, nonsense. This is a business and nothing more. Members 1st = Business 1st Long hours, inconsistent training and no real direction given.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Sep 12, 2022 - Retired
    Business Outlook

Pros

independent work in writing contracts

Cons

Somewhat siloed in the role.

9. 4.0

Great Environment

Aug 31, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Enola, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Co workers and growth in the company

Cons

No cons that I can think of

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

No real reason to stay long term.

Sep 14, 2022 - Information Technology in Enola, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting pay Employee parties Willing to take chances on less experienced people

Cons

PTO Confusing remote work policy Multiple layers of management People are promoted based on seniority only Very cliquey

11. 1.0

Terrible Management

Aug 23, 2022 - Loan Processor in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was pretty competitive Health benefits are okay

Cons

The management team was terrible. Only could get promoted if you were a buddy of the boss. Management was catty and super gossipy. This wasn’t just my department- this was all back office departments. They had no concept that we all have lives outside of work and we’re not accommodating even if you had a death in the family.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews
</>Embed

Members 1st Reviews FAQs

Members 1st has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 98 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Members 1st to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Members 1st employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Members 1st. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

57% of Members 1st employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Members 1st 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Members 1st to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Members 1st Job Seekers