MembersFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

MembersFirst Reviews

4.3
Ryan Maione

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "People and Clients First - not just a tagline here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayland, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayland, MA

I worked at MembersFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plain and simple they have a truly great and authentic culture and their clients can feel it with every interaction. They are the class of the industry because they listen to and support their employees. All departments pulling in the same direction.

Cons

Office location isn't great if you don't have a car. The building doesn't have a recycling program in place but the MembersFirst employees pitch in and do it themselves - another sign of their engagement.

Advice to Management

Ryan is doing an incredible job and it was a pleasure to work with him when I was part of the team. The new management team is gelling nicely as well.

2. "Great team, great opportunity to learn"

I have been working at MembersFirst full-time

Pros

The team is outstanding. Each department has it's day to day, but there's not many days that you aren't collaborating with every team in the company. There's a great mix of seasoned industry vets, and young blood to keep pushing the overall product forward. I left the company for a short time, thinking I was moving into a better spot, but came back because this company is one that truly cares about it's staff. In terms of learning, there's plenty of opportunity across the board, and every team is willing to cross train.

Cons

The product offering is huge, so bringing things to current tech is a slow process.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Fun culture, nice benefits"

I worked at MembersFirst full-time

Pros

There is a fun culture of learning (and golf) at MembersFirst. The team works together to improve each others skills and technical knowledge.

Cons

The office can be a bit sleepy sometimes. It can also be hard to move up in the ranks.

4. "Great!"

Pros

Great atmosphere and professional development.

Cons

Small niche company with antiquated software. Although that has probably changed.

"Fun Environment, Nice People"

I worked at MembersFirst full-time

Pros

Laid back work environment with a group of hard-working and fun people. I looked forward going into work (which wasn't the case with other jobs).

Cons

The software isn't that great. The design and UX needs some serious updating.

Advice to Management

It was hard to push forward ideas and changes - way too many hurdles to jump through.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Fun culture with lots of personal freedom

Cons

Cubicle type jobs in front of a computer all day

"Perfect place to learn about the industry and your job role!"

Former Employee - Training Specialist in Wayland, MA
    Former Employee - Training Specialist in Wayland, MA

I worked at MembersFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at MembersFIrst for almost four of the greatest years of my life. I grew within the company and learned more than I could imagine about the industry.

AMAZING working environment, lots of opportunity, great management, excellent benefits and fair pay. Strong company ethnics and a fantastic culture within the company.
    Free snacks & coffee and the flexibility to work at home if needed.

It's perfect place to learn about the industry and your job role!

Cons

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is a great atmosphere of trust and fairness.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!
    Don't stop thinking outside the box and expanding into new markets.

Aug 29, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best of luck in your career post-MembersFirst. :-)

"Not Impressed"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at MembersFirst (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Company Culture Initially but hard to break into millenial crowd if older. Felt like the was subtle age discrimination going on at several levels of the company.

Cons

Company is unstable and changing management constantly. Too many chiefs, not enough leadership. They do not know what they want or what their customers really want. Desperate for revenue which leads to por management decisions.

Advice to Management

Get better capitalized and bring in some professsional management consultants who can design a strategy that provides a real value proposition for your customer base and then stick to that strategy for longer than 5 minutes.

Jul 13, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Despite the review claiming to be from a current employee, it is not; we don't have any staff with the title "Account Executive" and haven't had a single change in management at *any* level in over a... More

"Genuine People, Professional Growth, and Free Snacks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayland, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayland, MA

I have been working at MembersFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because of its size there is opportunity to have real influence in the business and to affect clients in a meaningful way.
    Expanding services and growing clientele means opportunities for vertical growth.
    Many departments offer flextime and also a flexible time-off policy.
    Managers are professional but friendly and easy to talk to. I've worked with some of the best managers of my career there.
    Diverse workplace; multiethnic, male/female, gay/straight, Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Atheist, younger/older; and everyone gets along great. Any bad apples get cut from the tree sooner or later, and usually sooner.
    Company softball team and other team-building outings.
    Staff genuinely care about the clients, which is really refreshing compared to other agencies I've worked at.
    Unlimited snacks and freshly ground coffee.

Cons

Salaries are less competitive compared to some downtown agencies, but this needs to be weighed against other perks (influence, flextime, etc)
    Startup environment could be pro or con depending on your energy level, ambition, and ability to communicate what workload you are comfortable with, or when there are projects you don't want to be involved in or can't take on.
    Dental benefits are confusing and a bit inconvenient.
    Like any company, interdepartmental communication isn't operating at 100%, but I think it's improving.

Advice to Management

None. Upper management has always been welcoming and receptive to any suggestions from staff. I've already shared everything with them directly.

Jul 13, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback! It's rewarding to hear our efforts to build a strong and supportive company culture are paying off!

"The most fun I've ever had at work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager, Team Lead in Wayland, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager, Team Lead in Wayland, MA

I have been working at MembersFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been employed by MembersFirst for over 7 years and I have no reason to move on or look elsewhere for another job. This company is a blast to work for and the people here are amazing. If it wasn't for the fun atmosphere of the company I would have left a long time ago. If you are a boring person that cannot laugh and work in the same day you might want to look elsewhere.

Every other week the company provides lunch to the entire staff and someone makes a presentation on industry topics. It's a great break from the regular work schedule.

Cons

The snacks are too good, I've gained 10 pounds in the past two months.

Advice to Management

Love the improvement in transparency over the past couple years, please keep this up!

Jul 13, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you're enjoying our biweekly Lunch n Learn sessions. Regarding the 10lbs... we might have to look into stocking healthier snacks!