Found 1,279 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The discount and coworkers are great." (in 86 reviews)
- "The people that I work for are just great and the people I work with are equally awesome." (in 65 reviews)
- "Good benefits and atmosphere." (in 52 reviews)
- "They have flexible schedules and are willing to work" (in 26 reviews)
- "Good training" (in 25 reviews)
- "bad management for the entire store" (in 147 reviews)
- "low pay and poorly run" (in 82 reviews)
- "Managers don't take complaints to heart." (in 58 reviews)
- "be prepared to make $4 per hour even when the store is closed and you cannot make commission" (in 33 reviews)
- "Long hours for low commision" (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Micro Center and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 19, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
- Great pay for first job - Fun work environment - You get what you put into it
Uncomfortable dress clothes were requiredMicro Center Response3d
Wow! Thank you for the 5-star review! We have heard about the dress code concern and are taking it into consideration. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how things are going for you and are happy you are here! Your Regional HR Manager - Cheryl T.
- 4.0Aug 5, 2023Commisioned Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Not realistically impossible to achieve sales targets, most of your co-workers are very often great support, management will work with you if you work with them and not just say you will, but actually show that you will. A commission based income allows you to literally make what you are worth as a sales associate, so self drive rewards you. plus the ability to network with customers if you have social skills for repeat business
Slower times of the year will leave you with less income which is very frustrating. additionally that makes it occasionally difficult to hit quota due to decreased traffic of customers or the largest con to the job, customers stop responding positively to your approaches that did work for the past months, which will leave you extremely frustrated and can even make finding out what variable changed to make that approach no longer work feel impossible. If you encounter overly driven co workers, they can encroach on your sales or create a environment that feels that way at best probably the second biggest con is non-sales tasks are occasionally given, and can leave you feeling frustrated due to not getting as much income if you overly focus on said tasksMicro Center Response2mo
Thanks for the "4 Star" Review and your recognition that you control your earnings. It sounds like you've been very successful with us. Our business does fluctuate a little but not so much that your earnings would be drastically affected since we are always reaching out to and acquiring new customers through our marketing efforts. We provide training to assist with new sales techniques and your leadership team is always available to help you when you need it. Best wishes for continued success and keep up the good work! Angie Miller VP-HR
Micro Center Reviews FAQs
Micro Center has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,295 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Micro Center to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
64% of Micro Center employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Micro Center 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.