Micro Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

- first: applied online.
    - I got a call from a supervisor to schedule me an interview
    - I had 1 interview with supervisor and 1 with general manager
    - did the drug test dame day
    - I was hired in 2 weeks

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Brentwood, MO).

Interview

It was casual..very interested in Comptia certs. Pleasant manager. To a compter geek like me, walking into the store was an orgasmic experience, like a sex addict invited to a huge orgy. I just hope I get the job. It will look great on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

PC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The actual hiring process was great. The questions were fine and interviewing was great and everyone who works there seemed excited for me to join. They offered me a job on the spot.

I told them up front that I'd fail the drug test due to a legitimate prescription medication. They said no problem, just tell the drug testing company and they will take care of it. The drug testing company did not accept being prescribed the medication as a valid reason for taking it and so still considered it a positive/failed test result and hence I have never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Best GPUs from and their manufacturers?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applies online. Recieved a call the following day for a quick phone interview, mostly general questions. Was invited for an in stor interview with the warehouse manager the next week. Came in had a quick 1 on 1 interview, was told what the job offered and if I was interested and I accepted so they had me take a few behavior/skill assissments which are timed. Still have to come in next week for a 2nd meeting, pretty sure its paperwork and a drugtest application. Overall pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Mon-thur are the warehouse stock days, would you be able to come in at 7 or stay until 10:30   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted of two interviews. One was the interview where you talk to the managers and then take a computer test. The other one is the final interview with the person who is actually hiring you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with the general manager as well as two of the other managers. I took a mini knowledge exam as well as two separate interviews. It was a bit disorienting when I first walked in as to where I needed to be, but now I think I've got the hang of it.

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micro Center (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight-forward.
    First was given a group interview, returned for second interview and was given job offer then.
    The group interview gave case scenarios and tests how you would respond if a customer had questions or how you would sell to a customer.
    Second interview was one on one and was basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview, just practice on normal interview questions.   Answer Question

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Paterson, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. Total of 6 people and we were split into groups and had to do a role play helping a customer. They specifically look into how you interact with the other people being interviewed and if you can provide quality answers. It is also commission based so they ask a lot about add ons.

Store Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micro Center (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Three Parts to interview process. First was with the customer service manager if that goes will they have you do some testing. Second Interview is with Operations Manager talk and third is with the store manager. First two interviews are mainly to see if you understand the job and if you have the right personality and experiance for the position. the third interview is just to to get that final over view and to check if the first two interviews missed any glaring problems. over all the interview process was great. everyone i met with was wonderful had a great experience.

PC Build Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted for an interview a week later, alot of people attended the interview so we had a group interview which was interesting as i have never been interviewed in that manner before but i would say it worked.

Interview Questions

• Do i have any experience in PC building.   1 Answer