Micro Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Micro Center

2.2

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Duluth, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Overall took an abnormal 5 to 6 hours. Started around 12 noon, ended around 5 something )mostly waiting).

All candidates met in a room with a "conference desk." We took a seat and waited for about 30 minutes. We we introduced to a manager and then taken upstairs into another room at another "conference desk." We were introduced to the general manager and another manager. They did some talking and a few little activities for about 1 hour or so. They broke us up into groups and went into different rooms with one manager each. Then they asked us more scenario based questions and eventually we finished. After that we were sent back downstairs to the first room and each took turns taking 2 computerized tests, testing for knowledge. Then we waited for a long time until they started calling us one by one and telling us whether or not we are hired.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I transferred from within. I had a short chat with my boss, and had a second interview over the phone with corporate that asked a few questions and got to know me, and how I handled myself.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an internet connection issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

You are first interviewed by the Knowledge Manager, he asks you a few questions about your PC skills and troubleshooting. Then about a week later you get a call from the Home Office and asks a few more in-depth questions, how comfortable you are with different systems.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micro Center (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was recruited while working with another retailer. Went for a preliminary interview and was given a series of tests. When tests were passed I was recalled for an interview with the store's General Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a Commissioned retail sales position not really open to negotion

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Dallas, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Very long from point of application to hiring for position. For the paid, it might now be worth it to the average person. Can take greater than 15 days and most of the time greater than twenty with multiple interviews needed for the interview process to be completed. The interview is much more difficult than the actual work.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very individual with most of them based on flexibility/time awareness/dependability. There is a computer based test for seeing where your knowledge of computer field basics is at the time of employment. Most people miss over a third of these questions and don't realize it is being monitored for time too. The one on one type questions are just to see if you are people person which is needed in this retail environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just took what they offered to get in the door.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applies online. Recieved a call the following day for a quick phone interview, mostly general questions. Was invited for an in stor interview with the warehouse manager the next week. Came in had a quick 1 on 1 interview, was told what the job offered and if I was interested and I accepted so they had me take a few behavior/skill assissments which are timed. Still have to come in next week for a 2nd meeting, pretty sure its paperwork and a drugtest application. Overall pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Mon-thur are the warehouse stock days, would you be able to come in at 7 or stay until 10:30   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

The interview process wasn't the easiest nor was it all that hard. They were down to earth and easy to get along with which made the process a lot smoother.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Very understanding and non-threatening when it comes to questions/concerns. They have a focus on putting education first and want to help the applicant. I think anyone who has had an interview will have no problem in answering any of their questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a breeze. First, I met the warehouse manager and he was a friendly guy. He always seemed like a happy guy and pretty chill about things. He asked me a few questions. What I liked doing, what got me interested into working there, then a little bit about my background. Then he passed me onto another manager. Had a little talk, and it seemed like they liked me. So they sent me off to go take a drug test and I was working there the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Fairfax, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Talked to the inventory manager, he set me up with the tests right away. There was an IQ test, wherein you had to answer as many logic questions as you could in 12 minutes. Then a morals test, followed by a computer knowledge test. It was very similar to questions seen in an A+ computer systems certification exam. I then talked to the manager again, he asked a couple questions and then sent me to his supervisor who gave me the thumbs up. Passed the drug test (urine) and background check. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to work at micro center?   Answer Question
    • If you could work at any department in the store, where would you work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $9 an hour, with a chance for a raise after 90 days.