Micro Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micro Center Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.2

C S R Interview

Interview

Very odd interview. The whole process from metting HR to upper management was strange. The questions didnt have anything to do with the job posistion at all. The atmosphere of the room was morbid like a old creepy hospital. It was like I was in a really bad movie about a terrible interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. 2 1/2 Weeks so far. No updates or offers about the job. No In-Person interview scheduled. No E-Mail's or Phone Call from employer telling me whether declined or accepted. Not a fun experience so far.

Computer Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

After completing the online application I was contacted by a recruiter a few days later asking if I would be available to have a phone interview later in the week. My phone interview was with the District Service Manager. We spoke for an hour and 45 minutes. He did not know what the next step was going to be since he is usually the final interview for this position. I waited a few days and then contacted the recruiter to determine the next step. She told me that she was working on that this week and would get back in touch. At the beginning of the following week, I engaged the recruiter again and we were able to schedule a face to face with the General Manager. The interview with the GM was 3 hours, mostly reviewing my work history with one or two situational questions. He spent the majority of the interview selling me on the company and himself. After that I was asked to complete 2 computer assessments (standard company assessments).

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Tustin, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

the online process is easy gives you lots of time to think over your answers the horrible part of this place is they try to pay you 4 dollar an hour

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Microcenter Towson was 5 minutes away from my house. I reached there 10 minutes early siting in my car meditating. I walked into the store with 5 minutes remaining. The manager directed me to the Group interview area. The Interview was scheduled for 3:00PM. It started around 3:04PM. Since I am a frequent shopper of this MC location, I saw 2 familiar faces come out and they began telling us who they are, their job roles, etc. They handed us out a simple scheduling paperwork. Then gave us scenarios and each of us worked in a group but we gave individual answers. Once that was finished, we were directed into a room with computers. We had to take 3 tests. Then they told us we will contact you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Microcenter?   1 Answer

International Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

There are three steps. First, you need to fill a online test for your working character, then you have another online test before the interview about working ethics and intelligent test. The last process is the interview with the HR manager and the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken care of the things that were messed up by somebody else?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Simple interview process. I went in person and was schedule for the following week. I was interviewed and about a week later I got the call back to start my new role at the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever been while at work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Hilliard, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an on-demand phone interview with an automated system. The questions were very simple. After passing the first interview, you meet with the managers of the department and its the same simple interview. If you go for the tech support position, you better know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      How are you a fit for Micro Center?
      What experience do you have to offer to Micro Center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Yonkers, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview was online, had to record answers to questions with webcam. Had no problem with this. Received a call from the Hiring Manager, missed the call because I was driving, but he left a message saying to call him back. I called him back around 3 the same day, was greeted by a phone rep so I left my info with him. After no response I called back a week later, was greeted by the same phone rep, left my info with him again. 2 weeks passed, no response, so I decided to email the hiring manger directly, because I felt my attempts were not reaching him. So he emailed me back promptly to call him back on his cell. Called him back the same day, and he scheduled me in for the in-person interview (more like take a test on common knowledge questions and computer literacy). I arrived about 30 minutes ahead. I was then instructed to take 3 tests, one on common knowledge, one that was basically an IQ test, and one on computer literacy. The "IQ test" was timed and consisted of time consuming math problems (no calculators or phones allowed, only paper) which is what led me to barely complete 10 questions. Probably why I didn't get the job. However, the other two tests I passed with flying colors. Advice to Company: Maybe have a more one on one approach rather than a computer tell you who to hire. Half of your sales associates wouldn't know what the difference between USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 is.

Interview Questions

• How long have you had experience with computers? (Video Interview)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

- first: applied online.
    - I got a call from a supervisor to schedule me an interview
    - I had 1 interview with supervisor and 1 with general manager
    - did the drug test dame day
    - I was hired in 2 weeks