Micro Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micro Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Micro Center

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Apply online, got callback after a few weeks, interviewed with a lower manager, then supervisor same day and was sent for drug screening. Generic questions, hired at the end of interview

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an interpersonal conflict in the past?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Online application and got a call to come in for an interview asked about my experience and my availability and had to take two test on a computer and then got offered a commission job plus a small hourly also told me that they have 14 days paid training

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was asked to interview with three different managers. Department Supervisor, Sales Supervisor, and Store Manager. It seemed like they were happy to hire people even if they didn't have the most technical knowledge, but were willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• They asked about different types of hardware that they sell such as hard drives, networking equipment, cables.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

You take a math and reading comprehension test as well as an employee behavioral test before spending around 15 minutes discussing your interest and familiarity with the position. Be careful not to sound too overqualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Center (Flushing, NY) in October 2020.

Interview

Everything took about an hour or so, the interviewer was very friendly and asked mostly computer relates questions to test your knowledge. There were two tests, wonderlic and a lying test of sorts.

Sales Interview

Interview

Straight forward and simple. What you would expect from a sales position at a computer retail store. None of the questions caught me off guard they were all common interview questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Super nice people and chill atmosphere! Interview was simple, they really just want to get to know you and learn about your employment history. Everything took less than an hour, and you get a good feel for the warehouse.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (New York, NY) in August 2020.

Interview

The process was fairly short, was asked a scenario question, then told about the company culture and processes then asked to take an online integrity test and an Intelligence test.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A customer has the BSOD what would you do?   1 Answer

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2020.

Interview

I went in for 3 interviews. The first was an open interview. I started by taking 2 assessments on a computer. One was a math skills/critical thinking test, and the other was the typical screening with questions like "what would you do if a coworker was stealing". After that I spoke with the general manager who asked some questions about previous employment and my hobbies and interests. The second interview was with the sales manager and it was a lot more in depth. He asked a lot more questions and wanted to know more about how I would perform as a sales person rather than looking for an overall judge of character. The final interview was with my supervisor, and it was the simplest. At this point they wanted to hire me so the questions were more about clarifying what I would be doing and asking if I agreed to the responsibilities.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Micro Center (Parkville, MD) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was easy for the most part. The interviewer asked common questions and also asked when would we the interviewee love to start working. They also ask the interviewees what is their knowledge of tech devices and computing. They do this, to know where to place the employee.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our company?   1 Answer