Milestone Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Prem Chand

Pros
  • You get the opportunity to be a vendor for some of the big name tech companies, (Google, Facebook) (in 11 reviews)

• There are some really great people that work at Milestone (in 9 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Tier I NOC Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Tier I NOC Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good people
    -Good pay
    -Good office environment

Cons

-Sometimes contracts with their customers end and there may not be another good position for you.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the good work and do your best to find new work for individuals when a contract ends.

"Program Coordinator"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Benefits
    - Employee Discounts
    - Course Reimbursements

Cons

- Lack of communication
    - Limited room for growth
    - More concern and support for client vs Milestone employee working at client's site

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and their growth within the company. Handle sensitive matters more efficiently so employees are not prompted to quit due to lack of support and failure to address situations that can lead to a hostile working environment.

"Good place to start, but no room to grow"

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of exposure working with a variety of clients in the tech industry which adds immense skills to your experience.

Cons

Unprofessional environment at HQ with groups and clicks, and to much politics and backstabbing. No room for growth or further training.

Advice to Management

Please train higher level execs and provide training to lower level employees to maintain and achieve a higher standard of performance and lower turn over.

"paranoid and suspicions way of management"

Former Employee - Representative in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Representative in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Milestone as some service agreements with major tech companies in Silicon Valley and those that work on site at the client's location may get to enjoy some of their perks. Benefits (medical, dental, vision) was decent

Cons

Hard work and giving feedback is not something they appreciate. Management will find any little thing you did that they didn't like and talk to you about it. They like to assume a lot of things, so if they think you weren't really doing your job, despite them hardly ever being around you, they will lecture you about it. If you are busting your tail on the job, they will suspect and wonder why you took longer to do certain tasks, or why you left your spot from time to time. It felt like Milestone managers can't trust their own workers and allow them the room to work and do the job that these workers were hired to do. It is really pathetic that managers are so petty and are willing to find every little thing to go after an employee for. Milestone treats workers like they are disposable and they will get rid of you if they don't like you or you can't work your tail off to the point of meeting their extremely high performance expectations and they won't even help you find another position. When they get rid of you, they just cut you off and won't even rehire you for another position.

6. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, lots of collaboration, upward mobility, lots of opportunity and provides full portfolio of service.

Cons

Things do not move quickly. Many layers to get things approved. Other than that, not a lot of politics which is good.

Advice to Management

Please review the processes we have in place and streamline as much as possible in order to enable each individual to be able to excel.

"Bottom of the barrel IT company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were good people.

Cons

Milestone makes money by undercutting pretty much every standard practice in the IT industry.

My first clue should have been the fact that they and the client company interviewed me on advanced Linux system engineering and Network topics, which made sense since I have nearly 2 decades of experience in that. The problem is the job they put me in was 80 low level windows administration and, get this, resetting user passwords. I kept thinking I'd get projects in my area of expertise, and eventually I did... 7 months later, aaaand then I was laid off. My coworkers had the exact same scenario. Gee. I wonder why the client company didn't "need" the team anymore.

Benefits:
    PTO: 10days/year - oh but you get zero sick time. So if you actually want to take a 2 week vacation, you better not get sick or have to stay home with a sick kid at all during the year. I literally had a better PTO benefit working as a dishwasher for a chain restaurant when I was 18. In contrast, my previous company combined PTO and sick time as well as standard holidays in to one big pool, but the allotment was 40days/per year.

401k: no matching %

Insurance: Garden variety

But here's the kicker. The client company decided they didn't need my team anymore, so I got "laid off". I put laid off in quotes because I've been laid off before; literally everybody I know in the IT industry has. In every case there is some amount of severance pay given. Not at milestone. I was told to get on unemployment, while they put me in an "unpaid administrative position" while they put me through the interview process again with other clients. I was told that even though they weren't going to pay me during this process, I'd have to continue making paying my portion of insurance. Classy.

One last tidbit. At one 'all hands' meeting nearly all of the questions from the employees were about the PTO policy. The management had the gall to say "it's just too expensive to give sick time in addition to 10days of PTO."

This company is bottom of the barrel in the IT industry. I have to think that the reason they treat employees so poorly is because they don't know any other way to make a profit.

Advice to Management

Don't interview people for one skill set, then put them into a role requiring a completely different area of expertise, then lay people off because the team didn't work out. That's just stupid.

8. "Logistic Specialist"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company to work for. Also depends on the contractor that your working for as well. Great extras from milestone client.

Cons

Health Benefits package is terrible. Way to expensive doesn't pay for anything. The other benefits seem to be ok.

"Executive Leadership running this company to the ground"

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

can't think of any and RUN away don't walk if approached by this company

Cons

incompetence runs amok at all levels. executives just care about getting the company sold (strategic goal for this year) and probably lining their pockets. Services are lackluster and they don't know how to run a company - nepotism, favoritism is what gets you a promotion even if they don't have the skills. I don't know why anyone would buy or partner with such an incompetent service company.

10. "It's a good choice in a town with few good choices."

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are very nice.
    There is a chance to get promoted.
    There are a variety of schedule choices.

Cons

There is a divide between agents and everyone else.
    Compensation could be better.

"Great Career Move"

Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

I started at Milestone almost 5 years ago as a technician at another client and now one transfer and two promotions later - I manage a team of technicians all across the globe.
    + career opportunities and rewards
    + challenging and interesting work
    + support your success (thanks HR!)
    + teamwork to get stuff done fast

Cons

- insurance benefits are nothing special
    - no 401k match is a major problem
    - pay is below market for some roles
    - upper management communication

Advice to Management

Milestone needs to improve marketing and communication internally to employees and externally to clients and candidates. If Milestone solves for and empowers our people and invests in their career/pay/benefits - our people solve for the client, employer services and return on investment down the road and back again.