ModSquad Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
ModSquad CEO Amy Pritchard
Amy Pritchard
Pros
Cons
  • "Very low pay for the work you are doing(in 16 reviews)

• "No benefits; as expected for independent contracting work(in 16 reviews)

1. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at ModSquad full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, room for advancement.

Cons

Vacation pay for hourly employees - We get none

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing!

ModSquad2019-07-24
  2. "Good job when you are in school"

Current Employee - Moderator in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ModSquad part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Friendly people -Easy work -Keep to yourself type job

Cons

-pay is very low - dont really have enough info yet

Advice to Management

I wish the training was more organized.

ModSquad2019-10-16
  3. "Poorly Run"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at ModSquad full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work, remote, professional experience. Good for a quick buck.

Cons

The pay, constant turnover, inconsistent work. If you want to move up you have to work like a dog.

ModSquad2019-10-01
  4. "Not sure yet"

Current Employee - Service in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ModSquad part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work at home flexibility

Cons

Not sure yet haven't seen enough

Advice to Management

Na

ModSquad2019-06-08

"Waste of time"

Former Employee - Moderator in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ModSquad full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There was good work/personal life separation, that's about it. Remote work if you don't get hired near an operation center.

Cons

Potential to lose the majority of your hours at any time without any form of warning, pointless training that leaves new hires confused out of their minds, management plays favorites MAJORLY and those favorites will always get best shifts, etc., No advancement opportunities / raises (never a talk of a raise in the almost 4 years I put in).

Advice to Management

Take some time to actually care for your employees, especially those that work in office that you see every single day.

ModSquad2019-07-03

"Overall Good Experience"

I have been working at ModSquad part-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Doesn't have the hours sometimes

Advice to Management

Please pay your contractors more than 9 dollars an hour. Having to work hard to make a living with that is tougher than people think

ModSquad2019-04-21

"Modsquad is a HORRIBLE company to work for."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ModSquad part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to pick your own schedule

Cons

No job security. Terrible training. And you make take the fall for the bad training. And upper management doesn't care about you.

Advice to Management

Require that projects have better training. Most of my projects had terrible training, and then upper management blamed me for mistakes I made when I wasn't even trained well. It wasn't fair.

ModSquad2019-03-17

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ModSquad full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The ability to work remotely, so as to avoid the unwashed smell plaguing all MSQ offices

Cons

- Terrible pay (near or barely above minimum wage, no raises for mods or low level management) - Horrible benefits (some of the absolute worst plans I've ever seen offered through a company - the "best" plan offered has a $2k deductible before it kicks in!) - Spouts about "company culture" when none actually exists; current employees feel used, unappreciated, overworked, and underpaid for services provided -... Training is minimal, and most of the time you'll be thrown in to sink or swim with little to no support provided; when support is requested, the request is ignored - Success is dependent on who you suck up to, not the quality/effort of your work - The people who have been at the company the longest do the least amount of work; the newer employees are the ones who bust their booties trying to meet the unreasonable expectations set - NO work/life balance at the management level; time off (even a single day per week) is heavily discouraged, unless legally mandated by your state (so they can avoid paying overtime)

Advice to Management

For a company that touts its "expertise" in the social media field, their own social media accounts are astoundingly terrible - check them out for a good laugh & a lesson on what NOT to do!

ModSquad2019-03-12

"A terrible employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ModSquad full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote working is the only benefit

Cons

No progression No development of its employees A "who knows who" and suck up sort of culture Zero to none benefits

Advice to Management

Hit the reset button

ModSquad2019-02-27

"You could make more in fast food"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at ModSquad full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Variety of work since you can change to a new project or be on more than one if you want

Cons

Extremely low pay (in 5+ years, the company has never given a 'cost of living' increase to their wages, they never give anyone below management a raise) Projects can be pulled out from under you at any time, without warning Lack of communication HR makes you feel incredibly uncomfortable with even the idea of bringing concerns to them The 'who you know' atmosphere is so strong that utterly incompetent... individuals end up in management and stay there for years If you are remotely good at your job, you will be driven into the ground and lose all hope of ever seeing a promotion or a raise or any recognition beyond a verbal 'thanks' and good scores on your QAs (if your project management actually finds the time to complete them) Good PMs are worked just as hard while lazy, embedded ones seem to skate by doing nothing at all The upper management of the company seems obsessed with their outward, public image and sinking more money into it than the mental health and well-being of their employees, but they wonder why so many clients pull the plug (hint: the clients can tell when you treat your employees like crap and they don't want to be a part of that cycle)

Advice to Management

Either just give in and go overseas so you can continue to pay pennies or start running it more like a company and less like a gentleman's club. I've seen people from 'mod' level up through 'PM' that deserve promotions and never seen them while they work their butt off for you. At the same time, I've witnessed people who are utterly incompetent, screw up, and break every ethics rule you have (I've taken that... training, I know the rules) remain in the management structure month after month, year after year, making every single employee and 'mod' underneath them feel uncomfortable, miserable, and terrified of speaking up.

ModSquad2019-02-08