Modified Polymer Components Reviews | Glassdoor

Dean Tulumaris

1. "Very Satisfying"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Good Opportunities for advancement.
    Management very open with what is happening with the company.
    Treats employees with great respect.
    Offers good compensation, benefits and room for advancement.
    President of the company is very easy to work with, talk with and always has an open door policy.

Cons

I do not have any Cons about this company. It is a good place to work and this employer offers more that most companies I have worked at in the past.

Advice to Management

Do not change. Always stay open and positive and your employees that are dedicated will stay.

2. "Operator"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Modified Polymer Components full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training skill because they will work you like a slave always pushing and learn how to used multiple equipments at the same time.
    Eventually, those are your benifit at another company because you already know everything here.

Cons

Upper management corrupted ever since company sold to BMS. They always bragging we made more than millions each months and all because of our hard work, promised bonus but saw nothing.

Favoritism for family members, higher pay with no experience and slow to catch up in training compare to other operators.
    Promised too much deliver nothing,unable to accept the truth when we spoke our mind.

HR never kept conversation a confidential, as soon as you walked out the office 1hrs later the production floor knows already.
    That is the reason why there aren't any complaints to HR or upper management but only amongst operators.

Hard working people did not get recognized or higher raised, unless you suck up to them or have family member work in higher position. You could make as many mistakes as you like and not get fire .
    They would laid off hard working people with years of experiences and kept their family members with "limited" thinking skill.

Never know how to boost up operators spirit, we work hard but barely get any treats from the management. If we have any luncheons that still be potluck not paid by the company.

They treat themself for office people and only bring us the left over that they couldn't finished, and thinking that they have been generous already.

We missed The Taylor's family. The owner he would personally bring us our checks every 2 weeks and thank us by name.
    Company picnic and Xmas party each year.
    Not to mention he gave us $100 cash if the company make profits.
    We love him not because of all these ,but because we all could feels that he cares about us.

Advice to Management

Be fair ,learn to accept the truth,and deliver what you promised.

3. "Unfortunately, Modified Polymer Components is going down hill fast."

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Modified Polymer Components full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees on the level I work at are easy to get along with.

Cons

Only one of my direct supervisors knows what she is doing.
    Production operators are paid unfairly.

Advice to Management

Everyone is scared that they are going to lose their job.

"Low Paying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The company works on interesting things. Management listens to production suggestions sometimes. You can ask the president any question. They match some 401 K and give standard PTO.

Cons

The pay is very low. The raises are insult. There is no room for advancement. No real objective. The boss brags often about how well "we" are doing. Some people work for five year and not have review.

Advice to Management

Start system of bonuses. Give goals to workers to work harder for more money. Do a profit share or something.

"Plenty of freedom, management is supportive of ambitions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

minimal bureaucracy compared to all of my other employers and well capable leadership.

Cons

lack of compensation increases and bonuses

Advice to Management

relax on pay increases and bonuses, two things that would definitely boost morale.

7. "Never a dull moment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Lots of freedom, great environment if you like hands on experience.

Cons

No official review system to judge performance.

8. "Marketing manager"

Pros

It's flexible, great and fun culture. You have autonomy.

Cons

It's bad management, not coordinated.

9. "Great work place to gain a ton of experience"

Pros

Given charge of high value projects, project management experience, full concept to manufacture exposure, cutstoner interface, exposure to management

Cons

Management has very little direction, always focused on numbers at the end of the month (last 3 years I've been here), pay is at lower bounds of what is acceptable, NO opportunity for career growth --- I.e. You'll likely be in the same position regardless of how much effort you put in, don't feel as a valued team member unless they need something done, unbalanced work load, management reluctant to give raises --- which is why all the core engineers have left,

"Talks a good line but a vicious environment."

I worked at Modified Polymer Components full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A highly dysfunctional family-owned business led by an egomaniac gone ballistic with venture capital fuel.

Cons

Purely driven by profit motive. Litlle regard for employees

11. "The worst company with low moral"

Cons

Advice to Management

Managers need a solid background of formal education, and to be a good manager.