Moxie Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rebecca Ward

1. "Fast Paced Excitement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moxie is one of those rare places where your ideas can be escalated to the top very quickly. It was incredibly motivating and exciting to see ideas integrated with the products so quickly. Not to mention the teams are always pushing to develop better products for customers which keeps the day to day tasks interesting. If you thrive on change, challenges, and positivity this is a great place to work.

Cons

By the same token, if you prefer a job that is more consistent day to day then this might not be the best place. Definitely need to be up for a challenge and constantly engaged.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing technology to the limits, and beyond, to service your customers.

"New Golden Age"

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time

Pros

The direction set 2 yrs ago by CEO can now be seen and realized. New products are market leading and the future looks a lot brighter and exciting

Cons

Moxie is a startup and pioneering, its not for the Corporate 9 to 5'er, Moxie. Work load is unpredictable can lead to long hours sometimes but the team pulls together and thats the strength of the company

Advice to Management

Moxie needs to keep innovating, the CEO has the right path, it should avoid Corporate men hires as these always fail and leave

"Communication, Accountability and Visibility are key"

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time

Pros

Smart people, Free drinks and snacks, free parking.

Cons

Adverse to change, slow moving, too many internal meetings, lack of responsiveness by management on customer issues and internal follow through.

Advice to Management

Impose internal SLA's for responsiveness on email/voicemails; ask for anonymous employee feedback and commit to acting on overarching themes or pain points; attempt to retain smart and high value employees by providing feedback, responsiveness and allowing flexibility.

"Don't work here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people that you'll get to work with

Cons

Management overall doesn't care about the well being of its employees. They know of systemic problems and ignore them. HR is either not empowered to act on things, or it doesn't want too. Either way most people are unhappy and this is only a job for them. If given the choice many would leave in a heartbeat.

Management also ignores the information given by employees, you're not empowered to do you job but told how to do your job, and most of the time what you're being told doesn't make sense. Oh and they are fond of ignoring major issues and acting like they don't exists, but telling others that everything is peachy.

Advice to Management

You should actually take care of your employees. You can't do anything great if you decide to ignore the problems staring you in the face.

"Enterprise Sales"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager in Granville, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager in Granville, OH

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, technology and working environment!

Cons

Not growing as fast as we would like!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in company!

"Depends on your team and your office"

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moxie could potentially be on the brink of something very exciting. The company has headed in a new direction in recent years, and has a chance to be a real innovator. Whether it'll succeed is hard to say.

Depending on your office and your team, your outlook on Moxie can change drastically. My team has an atmosphere of mutual respect, and generally good work/life balance. I'm sure folks on many other teams feel equally valued.

Our headquarters in California recently moved, and I hear those digs are pretty sweet.

Moxie is a small company, so if you don't like to feel like another cog in a massive machine, you might like it here.

Cons

I know from office chatter that not all teams have high morale.

The Bellevue and Austin offices are comfortable, but would certainly not qualify as visually appealing. There's plenty of desk space to go around, and a ping pong table that rarely gets used.

My biggest complaint about Moxie is its lack of company culture. I'm sure this is different in each office, and there are definitely a few people dedicated to making it happen; but overall, most attempts to "rally the troops" are met with eye rolls.

Overall, Moxie can feel like a comfortable but mediocre company. If you're interviewing for a job that's the next step in your career, it could be a great move. If you're moving laterally, it might lose its luster pretty quickly.

"Talisma / Ngenera / Moxiesoft / Moxie all the same Company Some good Product Bad Management Team"

Former Employee - Lead Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Moxie Software full-time

Pros

Great people, cool technology, excellent atmosphere. nGenera / Talisma /Moxiesoft was a fun place to work with lots of opportunity to do new and better things with the products we have, but not making the progress need to for the exciting additions and incorporating them into the products.

Cons

No retention of good employees within the company at all. The company does not care about employees with huge rate of turnover and attraction within the company.

Advice to Management

Previous executive and management team were in touch with the support team & company, and also all the staff and worked well a cohesive unit. But then new CEO and management VP team arrived, and everything went downhill from that point forward. You know you have major issue with a company when people working at the company 8 and 10 years plus are bailing and running for different jobs. This should really say something the Board of directors whom are investing in the company.

"Moxie: Great team, great company, great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New CEO, great sales team, smart people, no petty politics...Moxie is a pretty great place to be these days. I've read the criticisms by former employees, but that's not the reality today. I've been here for the past 3 years and Moxie is a very different company these days with renewed enthusiasm, direction and improved leadership in critical areas.

Moxie affords people the room to grow, experiment, and evolve professionally and I'd recommend it to friends looking for a challenging opportunity.

Cons

If you have a difficult time working with remote team members, it can be challenging as we have three office hubs in CA, WA, and TX. It would be great if we were all in one location, but that's about it.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the great work! One recommendation that I have (here comes my San Francisco nature) is that in addition to manager-to-report reviews, is that we do the inverse as well, where team members can provide formal review/feedback to their managers as part of the process. It's a good exercise. As a manager, I solicit and welcome feedback from my reports. I think we should formalize it.

"Software Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Technology that can be used for completing tasks is not limited. Great working environment with friendly co-workers who always willing to point you to the right direction if you are lost. Lead and manager are very understanding regards work-life balance and most of the time won't force team to work weekends unless it is really necessary.

Cons

Moxie is a good company to pick up professional experience but not a good company for long term career path. No annual raises nor bonuses. Manager and lead are great at keeping team happy; however, the people upstairs seems to only care about revenue instead of improving employee's loyalty. Below average benefits except for vacation time.

Advice to Management

Improving employee's loyalty for better product.

"(Most) Employees not valued!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Moxie Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people (most of them in the trenches) to work with. Pay average, good bonus plans (but get everything in writing!).

Cons

Runs very lean, poor work/life balance. Employees and their efforts are not valued. Questionable business practices. Products need attention and major revision...get rid of the cobbled together products from several acquisitions and truly integrate the products.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback of the people (clients and employees) that actually use and support the products. Don't drive the product priorities solely from sales feedback (why they supposedly can't sell the products).