Multi-Tech Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Employee Perception"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With new and emerging technologies, and Multi-Tech Systems Inc. finding their niche in the market, the company has a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement as an employee.

Cons

If you're not at the executive level, you may not have a whole sense of clarity as to where the company stands in the market or where we're headed. that being said, the executive team does provide that information when they're able to.

"Shinking ship"

I worked at Multi-Tech Systems full-time

Pros

If you like working in the 'hood, you'll love it at Multitech. Give blood next door to earn a little extra cash on your lunch break! It'll augment your low salary, Gaze longingly at highway 10 during those meetings and dream about your escape route.

Cons

Co-workers and office environment are worn at the heels, outdated office decor, not fun, not innovative. Relive the 1980s, wonder where your best years went. Revolving door management. Constant re-orgs. Fight for every penny and be sure to spend it quick before they take the budget away from you.

Advice to Management

“This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened.”

3. "After CEO change and reorganization in early 2015, the outlook has greatly improved."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mood is far more optimistic than it was last year. The company is moving in the right direction.

The people are great, very helpful, especially within the Engineering department. You definitely feel like part of a team.

Schedules are flexible. Work-life balance is very good.

Another plus is working with newer technology such as LoRa, LTE, and moving into the Internet of Things area.

The environment is casual, but a bit chaotic, which can be a pro or con depending on the type of person you are. You stay busy and shift gears often. You won't be bored. If you prefer a more regimented environment, you'll view this as a con.

Cons

Requirements are not always fully defined until after work starts. Some process changes are just starting in this area, so this should improve. It is too soon to know how much..

Priorities change often.

4. "won't invest in employees"

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that you work with are awesome.

Cons

Multi-Tech is always dangling a carrot in front of your face. There is always something better coming and we all hope that will lead to raises in salary, but it does not. Too many good people have left the company due to lack of compensation. Multi-Tech is on the low end for salary, which is what it is, but there has to be raises in salary and wage adjustments at some point.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and moral will increase. And more than a 2-3% increase, minimum 5%. Salaries have been stagnant for too long. There needs to be wage adjustments for some, not just raises. Some people are way too far under market value.

5. "Could be great..."

I worked at Multi-Tech Systems full-time

Pros

Some new leadership was bringing the company in to the fore front of IoT.

Cons

That leadership all pretty much left, which caused me to leave as well.

Advice to Management

Have a little trust in your people.

"I would steer clear of this sinking ship!"

I worked at Multi-Tech Systems full-time

Pros

Used to be a great company with great people. Now it just feels to me like a worn out 1980's business with no real future. No real investment in the business that I can see, seems to just be hanging on by a thread and harvesting the cash.

Cons

Here's the cycle which I feel like just keeps repeating itself over and over again. I've witnessed this many times myself. Company hires management. Management promises great new things that will rebuild the company to greatness. Management promises change. Great new things turn out to not be that great or more often, poorly executed. Management's budget is cut or they are terminated. Back to square 1, repeat the whole process. Until just recently, I felt like things could possibly have been turning around, but now I have come to my own conclusion that nothing has changed and nothing will change and things are worse than I thought.

Advice to Management

Quit pretending that things are going great or getting better. Be honest with employees. So many people are worried that they are going to come in to work one day to find a sign on the door that says out of business. If you would be more honest with employees about the state and future of the company, they might not be so scared (or maybe they'd be more worried, I don't know...). Also, don't promise things that you can't offer. I can't even begin to list how many things I was promised that I never actually received, like advancement opportunities. Although, in fairness, it is hard to offer advancement opportunities when I'm told the company continues to decline in revenue and has been laying many people off.

"Sinking ship you should avoid"

Current Employee - Manufacturing
    Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people here are good to work with. The hours and shifts are very flexible for people that need them.

Cons

Sales are bad and the company looks like it's going downward. Most of the executive leadership has left the company in recent months. They have laid off or early retired quite a few people so far this year and the trend will probably continue. The company seems to have almost no value in good employees at all. Some individuals on the management team seem to have no clue what's going on which is pretty sad. This has made this a demoralizing place to work at.

Advice to Management

Try to figure something out to turn this place around and maybe it will be fun to work at again.

"Good people, but company is in a bad way."

I worked at Multi-Tech Systems full-time

Pros

Great people, flexible hours, family like culture.

Cons

The company is clearly in deep trouble, sales are down month on month, there have been multiple layoffs, early retirements, and many resignations. The remaining employees are deeply concerned for the future.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees, stop pretending that things are not as bad as they actually are.

"Sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that are the "common" employees are great. For the most part it is a great place to work because of the co-workers

Cons

The owner is just about bringing in more money to her bank account. The company is on its third CEO in the last 3 years. Too many chiefs in this tribe and they are jumping ship now. The company is very directionless. Salary for employees are near the bottom of industry averages.

Advice to Management

You need to spend money to make money. Invest in the products that you are trying to put out and invest in the employees! They deserve more than what is given to them.

10. "Lots of transition in the last couple years is still being straightened out."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Multi-Tech Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on the software team and the software manager are great. The hours are pretty flexible; there are some people who occasionally work from home, come in late, etc. The atmosphere is pretty laid back and casual.

Cons

Often working on multiple projects at the same time. Upper management and project management aren't in sync with engineering. Currently not a lot of project management happening.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your engineers and start giving them the high level direction they want and need. Project Managers should be in sync with engineering, not the opposite.