MultiView Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "No dress code and sweet tunes playing all day" (in 42 reviews)

• "Exceptional work life balance for sales" (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Limited projects to sell and too many sales reps" (in 15 reviews)

• "Berating/rude from upper management" (in 13 reviews)

"Best Job I've Had Thus Far"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is so fun and laid back. They aren't kidding when they say "work hard, play hard". The job is mentally challenging, but the management team from the top down is completely dedicated to your success and helps you every step of the way. They fully prepare you to work and be successful in this industry. The people I work with are great and I couldn't ask for better mentors through this journey.

Cons

The role of sales is an emotional roller coaster. As long as you can separate your work and personal life, it is manageable.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review and we agree, it's a pretty amazing place to build a career in sales!

"It's nice if you are really into sales."

Former Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary and comps were great.
    Fast paced

Cons

Lots of Silos. Expect no help from other departments or expect them to make changes that affect your department without consulting you.

It's run by salesmen and sales are the priority, even at the cost of long term success.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our firm. As a former employee, we appreciate your input, will take under advisement and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

"Mostly lies, some fraud and a pretty big mess."

Former Employee - Seller in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Seller in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are always hiring. You’ll meet lots of people. You will learn a little bit about media, sales, account management or whatever department you are in.

Cons

When I initially applied to MultiView I was fresh out of school. They invited me to a speed dating interview. <90 seconds spent with 5 or more interviewers. Not much depth to the interview and actually was pretty off putting. Almost declined the offer based on this interview practice; however this was mid recession and I was grateful to have a job. The first year was rough. Fortunately, around my 9th month and working for my 4th boss, I landed on a team where my lead took an interest in helping me improve. After their guidance, which was not standard at MultiView, I found moderate success and slowly worked my way through sales ranks and made a good bit of money. I kept at it because the compensation was appropriate for the effort the job took. I never felt incredibly strong about our offerings. The media solutions provided do fit a need helping underserved Small- medium sized B2B orgs who don’t have a ton of money or staff resources. However the go to market strategy can be incredibly sleazy and is a culture cultivated from the top down. I’ve seen reps blatantly lie to advertisers. I’ve seen the executives tell sales people to process invoices that haven’t been authorized. Unlike the rest of the digital media industry they don’t abide by IAB terms and conditions even though they have some of the sellers go through IAB certification courses. this means that there are no opt-outs with their mostly 12 month flights. This leads to unhappy customers who end up chatting with the collections department when they want to exit the relationship but MultiView won’t let them loose. They have knowingly hired felons, which in and of itself can be perfectly fine. Unfortunately, the one instance that comes to mind was a seller who spoofed email addresses from clients to sign contracts and authorize bills. This was the same crime that they went to prison for. Management let it slide for a little more than a year because it gave the appearance to other sellers that the impossible was possible. They were writing off fraudulent invoices for about a year trying to correct the mess that this one seller created. It was a running joke in the office and probably still is. During my time there, cursing to subordinates was common place. In some instances I’m sure it would constitute verbal abuse. I’ve seen the low attrition for tenured reps touted by the HR department, but from what I can tell it’s due to the monetary obligations the sellers have. If you can make it through 1-2 years at MultiView you will accumulate a decent sized book of business that in many instances is booked out for 12 months of more with incremental payments coming in. Sellers have a hard time leaving 10s of thousands of dollars on the table by leaving.

Advice to Management

Milk it until you close the doors and turn off the lights... They’ve created a culture of apathy and distrust of management. Squandered an incredible opportunity to build an incredible company that is viewed as a benefit to the industries in which it operates. There are so many things wrong with their systems (and lack of systems) that no one change could likely be made to right the ship at this point.

"Horrible bordering on illegal"

Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None -stay far away from this company

Cons

Sweatshop, deception, questionable business practices. Strung out employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

I find it curious that you have such a strong opinion about Multiview, even "bordering on illegal" but have stayed here for more than 5 years as per above. This review is absolutely, 100% off the... More

"Good if you need experience in sales, not for IT or anything else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely casual environment. Excellent if you need to cut your teeth as a salesperson.

Cons

Same thing, EXTREMELY casual environment. Fancies itself a technology company, but really just a call center for making cold contacts all day long. May as well be in Mumbai.

Advice to Management

Not much advice to be given. The business model is just to exploit a temporary gap between technology and common knowledge - selling ad space on websites at a 300 percent mark up to companies that haven't figured out yet that they can buy this space themselves. Won't exist in 10-15 years.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and your time spent with Multiview. Though I agree with you that we're a fantastic place to grow your career in sales, the call center/Mumbai analogy is way off. Most sales... More

"Run away don’t walk"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None, liars, worst company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Terrible owners,
    Pinkus Warburg.
    Management has no concern for their employees. Burn and churn.

Advice to Management

Go school, learn how to manage people.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Okay, so where do I begin with this jewel of a review? Thank you for the comedic relief as it's quite obvious who needs to "go to school". Here are some facts for our audience to consider... Average... More

"Senior Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional work life balance for sales. Good commission & bonus structure. Commission payout is very achievable. The money and opportunity is there if you’re willing to put in the work and challenge yourself.

This is a great job for people who have little to no sales experience and want to pursue a career in sales. They will train you, they will give you the tools, & they will give you enough time to figure things out. But it is sales and the truth is very few people actually do well in sales. It’s not personal. Just business.

Cons

No more than other places

Advice to Management

Invest more in your current employees - be a bit more proactive in positive feedback and training, encourage people to share what makes them successful in selling each product line. There’s a lot we can learn from each other and the best sales reps are always learning.

President’s Club and having a go home is great - but it’d also be nice to have an annual sales kick off each year after the go home ends to highlight the successes of the previous year (incredibly large sales, reps with the most amount of new business, best renewal rate, etc) focus on the upcoming year’s goals, just bring the entire sales department together.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the comprehensive review! I'll pass along your thoughts to the leadership team and keep up the good work!

"Staffing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work but can be lots of fun.

Cons

Lots of change but that is part of its success.

Advice to Management

Better training

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review!

"Sr. Marketing Consultant"

I have been working at MultiView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, the investment and time management puts into the training has definitely set me up for success. Also, the transparency of what is expected along with guidance and tools given to you in order to be successful.

Cons

Like any sales job, the pressure is on to bring in the revenue and the stress can get to you but it also motivation.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on the new onboard training!

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review and welcome to the team!

"Great company all around"

I have been working at MultiView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stellar training/Onboarding program, fun working environment, consistently good pay with the ability to earn uncapped pay, management genuinely cares about your well being and happiness, very low employee attrition rate

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow into management positions, however this does not mean there isn't plenty opportunity to make a lot of money. Overall no real cons for me

Aug 27, 2018 – VP, HR & Talent Acquisition

Welcome and thank you for well written review.