Net Transcripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Transcriptionist"

Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in Remote, OR
    Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in Remote, OR

I worked at Net Transcripts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Select work when you want it. Always seems to be work available.

Cons

Can get very difficult to understand legal interviews.

"Great Company"

Former Contractor - Transcriptionist
    Former Contractor - Transcriptionist

I worked at Net Transcripts as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone at this company. I was able to select the jobs that I wanted based on the time that I had available and was able to do this from the comfort of my home.

Cons

The amount of work has its ups and downs, but that is no fault of the company's. Companies release results to be transcribed quarterly and that is when the bulk of the work occurs.

Advice to Management

Please remember that your contractors have lives and unfortunately things can happen. I had been working as a contractor for you for over 12 years and when one of those unfortunate life events happened I was not contacted about when or if I would return. Instead I was sent a very stiff email from HR. Come on guys, you are better than that and I know you are. Don't let growth change you.

"Massively overstaffed"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mountain Home, AR
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mountain Home, AR

I worked at Net Transcripts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule if you are wanting to stay at home. That is the only advantage to working for the company.

Cons

Unless you want to be on the computer all day waiting for work you will never have any. There are too many employees and too little work.

Advice to Management

Staff more appropriately so the people that you do have working for you will actually get work.

"Law Enforcement Transcriptionist"

Current Freelancer - Law Enforcement Transcriptionist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Freelancer - Law Enforcement Transcriptionist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Net Transcripts (More than 8 years)

Pros

working from home as an independent contractor

Cons

No opportunity for growth, stable but unchanging.

"Transcriptionist"

Current Contractor - Transcriptionist
    Current Contractor - Transcriptionist

I have been working at Net Transcripts as a contractor

Pros

You choose your jobs and when/how much you work. Paid on the 1st and the 15th always.

Cons

Extremely low pay. Not always work available. Little, if any, feedback. More difficult audio without increased compensation.

"A perfect company for the general at-home transcriptionist"

Current Contractor - Transcriptionist in Queen Creek, AZ
    Current Contractor - Transcriptionist in Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at Net Transcripts as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Net Transcripts since 2012. It is the perfect job for any at-home transcriptionist who does corporate, government, and other such types of transcription. There is no pressure and no minimum requirements for work. There is no need to alert them if you are taking a day off, although out of courtesy I let them know if it's going to be a week or more. You can work whenever you wish, night or day, as long as you turn in your work by the required deadline. I cannot say enough about how good the staff is to work with. They are always helpful and friendly and quick to respond to phone calls and emails. They are understanding of poor recording quality of audio files and any accents that are difficult to understand. I also broke my wrist in 2014, and they were completely helpful in letting me get back to work after the required time the doctor said I needed to heal. The pay is comparable to other transcription companies and is completely fair. I will stick with Net Transcripts for as long as I can!

Cons

You are considered a subcontractor, so there are no benefits. There is also no PTO or holiday pay as you are paid for the work you do. However, this is typical of most subcontractor transcription jobs, so I don't have a problem with it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing--you are a great company to work for!

"Good company to work for"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Net Transcripts as a contractor

Pros

Staff, direct deposit on time every time, work your own schedule, choose the amount of work

Cons

Very low per minute pay for type of work - all multi-speaker and 75% difficult audio. Work runs out and you have to sit at your computer to grab any job that comes in.

Advice to Management

None.

"High Standards, Not a Good Long-Termer"

Current Employee - Law Enforcement Transcriber in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Law Enforcement Transcriber in Washington, DC

I have been working at Net Transcripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid standards for their end products, accessible editors and human resources personnel, flexibility. Lots of interesting crime stories from Americana from which to learn.

Cons

No health insurance, no 401(k), no salary. It's on employees to pick up work on their own. The company insists on hiring domestically without offering sustainable accompanying wages.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to use their ability to scope out information that's publicly available, and give them room to be larger than copy machines.