Netchex Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Netchex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for. Management really cares about their employees. They are always looking ways to improve things everyday. The company provides top notch new hire and ongoing training. The broker channel managers are doing a really good job helping reps develop partnerships. The service and marketing team are exceptional as well.

Cons

New markets are a bit more challenging getting the word out to prospective buyers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You have a doing a fantastic job.

2. "Home Away from Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Covington, LA

I have been working at Netchex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perfect place to grow your career. If you can't succeed here, you're doing it wrong. Leadership values opinions and fosters a very open environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking it!

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mandeville, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mandeville, LA

I worked at Netchex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent sales and marketing tools. Helpful support staff.

Cons

They do not give their sales staff enough time to develop their territory, typically less than 8 months. Leadership team will often change sales strategies and target market size.

4. "New Employee Perspective"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Covington, LA

I have been working at Netchex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking company / transparent leadership!

Cons

Would love to see immediate participation for the 401(k) plan!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mandeville, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mandeville, LA

I worked at Netchex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home is an option.

Cons

Nice people but no direction for sales team. Sales is very micro managed based very much on Paychex and ADP small business. Lots of "ideas of the month".

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and commit to it.

"Netchex is on the right track"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Netchex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All hands on deck. Both owners are still passionately involved in the company and always available to help. Team members are all really good people and seem to enjoy the work we are doing. I am remote so can’t speak to the corporate office, but work/life balance seems to be encouraged.

Cons

Nothing bad enough worth complaining about. Benefits are 100% paid, but just for single. I have a family so that perk doesn’t apply. Hopefully something they will consider as we grow.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the right way, customer centric.

"Remotes are on an island surrounded by sharks."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Netchex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- They've hired a new marketing person.
    - A decent amount of implementation reps are good.
    - CEO is responsive (unfortunately it stops with him).
    - Respectful of work/life balance.

Cons

- Inconsistent management.
    - Channel directors only work with their pets.
    - Ideas with no ability to execute.
    - No "culture" or support for remote reps.
    - Poor initial training and continued training.
    - Have transitioned to a small business payroll, price centric company.
    - No checks and balances for sales managers, one in particular is rogue.
    - Fear of going to HR. Rumors of repercussion.
    - Remotes are begging for support - management either does not know how to help or has no desire to.

8. "Netchex is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

I worked at Netchex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The working atmosphere at Netchex is incredible, I have never worked for a company that has cared for their employees at the level Netchex does. The upper management does a great job of making it a fun working evironment. Every employee gets to mandatory paid breaks, I often used my time playing foosball, shuffle board, and the arcade game that is set up in the break room! Everyone their is very team oriented and we are all driven by the goal of growing and becoming more succesful.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, the upper management teams are begining to have less time to engage individually on a personal level.

9. "A Place to Grow Professionally and Personally"

I have been working at Netchex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture – Netchex offers a friendly and progressive environment while maintaining the air of a professional workplace. The atmosphere can vary between departments, but overall, I'd characterize Netchex as a company with a heart for its employees—one that encourages a healthy balance between personal and professional life. (But, you still gotta get 'er done.)

Company [and employee] growth – Netchex has grown so much in its employment and its business since I was hired two years ago—and with this comes opportunity for its employees. I, myself, am now in a position that didn't fully exist when I first started, and I feel fortunate to have been trusted by upper management to own this new territory with heightened responsibility. It's exciting to see Netchex expand and to know that it would be unlikely for an employee to hit a dead end in his or her career here. My position here has made me sharper, more assertive, more proactive, and more confident in myself as a professional.

Customer Service – While I understand this isn't a product review, I sincerely appreciate working for a company who cares so deeply about its clients. There will always be hiccups in the world of service, but I can genuinely say that Netchex goes out of its way to make its clients feel valued on a daily basis.

Cons

Netchex is growing in several directions simultaneously, which calls for new processes, new responsibilities, new ways of thinking, etc. It's easy to get swept up in the excitement of a new idea and wanting to implement it NOW rather than taking a step back to understand how it might affect certain factors in the long term. Netchex can be guilty of this at times, which can put unnecessary pressure on its employees or result in time wasted when the idea changes. I suppose the hope here is that, as Netchex matures as a company, we will adopt a more sophisticated approach to implementing new business concepts.

Advice to Management

Management remembering to pause and assess itself, its processes, and its team makes a world of difference. Getting swept away by day-to-day tasks, falling into a static routine, gradually forgetting to manage—each of these can be a sneaky enemy. But, I believe that this kind of reflection will be what most profoundly contributes to the growth of Netchex and its employees in the long run.

Netchex Response

Jul 2, 2018

It is always nice to read reviews that have a positive outlook and a recommendation for our employees. I’m glad that you have been able to capitalize on hard work and opportunity.

We both... More

10. "Great People - Great Product - Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Mandeville, LA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mandeville, LA

I have been working at Netchex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Make no mistake about it - we work hard at Netchex. But it's not because we fear the stick (getting fired) it's because we care about what we are doing. We care about clients and making sure they have a great experience. We care about our team and ensuring that everyone can be successful. And we care about ourselves and want to deliver something we can be proud of; something that gives us opportunities to advance our careers.

Sometimes caring means staying late to finish up a special project for a client or help to implement a new product or customer. Sometimes it means taking a few minutes out of your busy schedule to train a new associate or jump on a call together to lend a hand. Sometimes it means stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something new to help the team get across the finish line.

Caring means doing the right thing. It may not always be the easy way but it always the right way. And at Netchex we care. And that kind of culture is not easy to find. Knowing that your team, from the person in the desk next to you to the CEO, has your back is important. If you are doing what is best for your customer and your team you can be sure your team will support you 100%!

And Netchex cares about us and making sure that the opportunities for us are better tomorrow than they are today. I have personally experienced tremendous career growth in multiple areas of the business and have seen many, many others do the same. It takes work, but if you are willing to get after it you can build a GREAT career at Netchex.

Cons

We are a young company and we are going through explosive growth. While that is exciting it can also present some challenges. It can mean that things change quickly. We say all the time "What brought us here today won't get us to where we want to be tomorrow". If you are someone who likes to do the same thing everyday, following the same process everytime, Netchex may not be for you.

It's not always easy. Yes, we work late. Yes, we have worked a few Saturdays in my years at Netchex (5+) but that is not the norm. If you are not willing to go the extra mile, put in the extra effort, Netchex may not be for you. But if you like a challenge and want to be rewarded for your efforts Netchex is a great place to build a career.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the vision! Don't lose the hunger to succeed and find a better way! We are on a great path and the sky is the limit!

Netchex Response

Jul 2, 2018

Thank you for your dedication to our company. We cannot be successful without the hard work and commitment of our employees. Second, thank you for the encouragement. Leading a company through... More