Netpique Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • base salary which isn't offered by many cold-call/door-to-door jobs (in 6 reviews)

• Work your own hours, flexible schedule (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Wear and tear on personal vehicle (in 5 reviews)

• You're expected to be outside all day, no matter the weather or temperature, you're door to door harassing businesses (in 4 reviews)

1. "As Professional as a Sales Organization can possibly be ..."

Current Employee - Business Development in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Netpique full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Netpique in business development is a great pleasure. The unity and professional spirit of the Netpique operational team are phenomenal. The mission of the company is to provide strategic complements of B2B sales teams to existing organizational sales forces of various companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to new start-ups. The integrity of striving to fulfill client expectations and the "way to go" congratulatory attitude on a job well-done add to the positivity of working here.

Cons

I've noticed some awkward reviews obviously written by disgruntled former employees. This is very disheartening because Netpique puts so much time and energy into making sure employees are well-trained and happy in life. So, yes, by the very nature of the sales function, there will be some who are not a good fit. This, in turn, will produce some lower than deserved "ratings".

I would recommend to anyone looking to start a career at Netpique to understand that you are making a commitment to be the very best you can possibly be in the B2B sales verticle. Second-best is just NOT good enough here. Our sales teams have to be at least the equal of our clients' counterparts in their industry. So, Netpique must move very quickly with new product knowledge to aggressively pursue our assigned markets with a firm footing. There is NOT much room for slow learning curves, careless mistakes, or laziness of any form.

Advice to Management

Please never be tempted to revert from your current W-2 salary with commission and benefits model for compensating employees. A happy employee is a productive and loyal employee.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people. making your own

Cons

changing bonus management high turn over

Advice to Management

management high turn over

"It has been a great experience"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like that my manager is always there for me. He was a sales rep so he understands how to pick me up when I feel like I am not making it. I like that there is a base salary, it's lot enough to live on, but it's enough to keep you afloat until your first commission check. I like that on top of your commission you make a sweet bonus. I was a little worried after reading some reviews on here from ex-employees, but I am glad I went ahead and took the offer. I have been here 3 months and do not plan to leave any time soon. I have seen a few people come and go, that's because they give a lot of people the opportunity to improve their current work situation. Most people who I have seen leave didn't work like they should. You have to work, if you don't produce, you will not have a job.

Cons

So far in my three months here I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

My manager is a Rockstar. He has helped me so much. I would like for him to live closer to Dallas.

"Great Company to help complete personal goals"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is 100 % for you and your success/ comp plan is fair and balanced, benefits after 90 days are really good

Cons

there are some customers you cant help right away but by keeping them in your pipeline the day will soon come that you can

"I love this job because I can actually sell!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing support and assistance from management and other reps.
    Great initial training and ongoing training.
    Awesome and lucrative contests.
    Lots of money to be made here! If you can sell and have a good work ethic you can make a lot of money. One guy I work with is making six figures. I am not there yet, but I know who to get advice from at least!!

All of the management staff have been promoted from within!

Cons

Requires a lot of self discipline which isn't for everyone.
    Would like a higher salary, but it's sales and the money comes from commissions and bonuses.
    Ignore the negative reps that can't make it happen. If you can't sell why are you here. Quit complaining because this company continues to try and help develop you when you have clearly peaked.

Advice to Management

Focus your time on the reps who are working hard and putting in the effort. Let the whiners whine.

"LIES, LIES, LIES..."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training period of one week.

Cons

Too many to list, but mostly lies as to the salary and opportunity. They promise commissions, but no one makes them. I have constant turnover, new people every week.

Advice to Management

Get out of business, please.

"Energy sales"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Netpique full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training, permanent base salary, and they promote from within when there is an opening. It is pretty self managed which is also a plus.

Cons

Having to wait 90 days for benefits to kick in

Advice to Management

You get out of it what you put in. There is alot of room for advancement here from what I have seen. Most of the managers started out as sales reps which is encouraging. I moved or I would still be working there.

8. "Consulting and Sales Manager for Reliant NRG"

I have been working at Netpique full-time

Pros

You have your own schedule

Cons

Door to door search

"Real Opportunity"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Executive in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Executive in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Netpique full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning, benefits and 401K plan. I had great training and continued support, I never had sales experience but i am a top salesman now!! I love the fact that I do not have anyone looking over my shoulder, I feel as if I am my own boss with great coworkers. I felt the need to say the positive things about my job because I suggested to a friend to apply for the same position, he told he was not interested due to the bad reviews of employee's. I read some of them and wow he was not kidding.. I am not going to say that those reviews are false, however that has not been my experience at all. This job has changed my life!!! I am so grateful I did not read them prior to accepting my position.

Cons

You have to have self discipline!!It is very easy not to put in a full days work a few days a week. Yes you still get your salary, however your commission check will not be what your use to.

Advice to Management

Hire people that owned their own business or fresh out of college

"Excellent Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

-salary plus commission and bonuses
    -uncapped earning potential
    -flexible schedule
    -unmatched management support/excellent training classroom and in the field

Cons

-there is no mileage reimbursement

Advice to Management

continue your passionate approach in helping sales reps become successful and helping them grow as productive individuals in their careers