Netuitive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Farzami

1. "Strong product, brilliant engineers, great culture and environment."

I worked at Netuitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in sales, and was able to see firsthand how the product became more and more impressive. The executives are all very kind and fiercely intelligent. The CEO is very considerate. The benefits are phenomenal. The sales team is like a big family and promotes friendly competition.

Cons

The higher-ups have such a massive volume of work that they can occasionally be hasty or misguided. It can be difficult to adapt as changes are frequent. Some managers fail to communicate properly regarding important information.

Advice to Management

Address issues right away rather than letting them fester. Open and honest communication could be improved. Otherwise, great company.

2. "Good people and atmosphere"

I worked at Netuitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people and atmosphere. Competitive salary (at least for my position). Very interesting technology. All the members of the management team very approachable. Back then the CEO was Nicola Sanna, very approachable.

Interesting story: Bob Farzami approached me at my cubicle many times with fairly technical issues and he provided training and other direct customer consulting. I thought he was just another regular Joe only to later be told he was the Chairman of the Board.

Cons

Development and Product Management felt a bit out of touch/isolated from the end customer. This could have been specific to my department maybe and also this was a while back, it may have changed since then.

Advice to Management

Same as above, I would advice mgmt to make sure that Product management and development are in direct contact with the customer. This prevents issues and product features and improves effciency. Again, I worked there a while back, could have changed since then.

"Fast Growth, Great Culture/ Teamwork, and Awesome People"

I have been working at Netuitive full-time

Pros

Team atmosphere is great - everyone working towards same goal from engineer, development, sales, founder.
    Growing fast since SAAS offering.
    Realistic goals, expectations, quotas.

Cons

Still unproven in SAAS market. Growing extremely fast, but still needs another year or so to truly make it.

Advice to Management

Continue to be realistic as we grow. Appreciate the open door policy with no smoke and mirrors.

"Struggling and aimless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Netuitive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the office environment and working daily with people who became friends. Pay was okay and hours were okay. I really liked the location of the office as it was super convenient.

Cons

Lack of honesty and transparency at Netuitive. It seems like management was also not honest with themselves. Many times decisions were made and strategy changed without any clear leadership or strategy. Was also hard to deal with contact reorgs and management changes. Many people are gone now but they kept the ones who were making the bad decisions.

Advice to Management

Find and hire mature leaders who may not always agree with you. People who agree with you all/most of the time are weak and are only trying to keep their jobs.

6. "Strong Personnel, ongoing management issues"

Pros

Excellent staff with a good sense of dedication. Challenging technical work being done using modern approaches (no waterfall, for example). Free health care for individual employees. 3 weeks leave to start, with 4 after 5 years. Good roster of customer names. Friendly, pro family attitude.

Cons

Leadership consistently stated one path to success, but was slow to embrace the necessary changes to make it happen. Sales was too intent on whale hunting vs. creating a sustainable forecast. CEO had sales knowledge, but no real technical acumen at all. No match on the 401k.

Advice to Management

Management has changed since my time there, but I'd advise them to remain open and stop making half baked decisions behind closed doors.

7. "Once great, still promising"

Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Netuitive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Phenomenal technology, fun work environment, super smart people.

Cons

So, so many missed business opportunities. Management team is always changing strategy to get with the next trend: Virtualization, big data, APM, cloud, industry platform, point solution, etc. Just when you think this is finally THE strategy, everything changes again. They never seem to give anything enough time to build a success, so have remained in a very challenging enterprise software market selling to mega corporations.

The "founder" at Netuitive is really the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, although few people realize this. He is is a super smart technologist and engineer, but thinks he knows every other job function better than the people with the actual expertise. In actuality his experience is a bit myopic as it almost exclusively comes from Netuitive alone. If you're not willing to easily let go of the "old-new" strategy that he sold you on to begin with, you will likely find yourself being pushed out the door.

The company is now pivoting to a promising SaaS model, but are a little late to the game, so need to execute extremely well.

Advice to Management

For the companies future, I hope the'll bring back a more mature and experienced CEO so the founder can go back to what he does best. (The founder just took back the leadership role in the past few months). The company is at a crucial stage and the latest direction requires a well-rounded and proven leader. Furthermore, above all else, let's stay focused on executing on a strategy we believe in.

8. "Very talented people & great product"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at Netuitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and really interesting proposition that can deliver value for customers. Generally, staff are valued and looked after. Good pay and commission structure.

Cons

Long term start up still seeking the the sweet spot. Too many changes in strategy for comfort. Under resourced especially in engineering.

Advice to Management

They know what's needed and have executed.

9. "Good company, great software, bad alignment"

I have been working at Netuitive full-time

Pros

Great technology and really smart people. The work environment is fun and the customers that get it are really inspiring.

Cons

Executive leadership seems to be lost. Really need to focus on strategic alignment and direction instead of micro-managing.

Advice to Management

Focus on your strengths and let the chiefs of each department to their jobs.

10. "Great people, but struggling to find their way."

I worked at Netuitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great people at Netuitive. This makes it a joy to interact and collaborate. Everyone is very easy to work with. This is a small startup and teamwork is critical.

Cons

Right now, they are small fish in a big pond. They may lack the resources to keep up in a very competitive marketplace.

Advice to Management

Get, and stay, agile.

11. "Talented Individuals but Inconsistent Goals/Management"

I worked at Netuitive full-time

Pros

Netuitive hires talented people, and for the most part, working there felt like working with a group of close friends. The environment was collaborative and relaxed. Although it seemed to change over time as the company grew, Netuitive had a great culture overall.

There were opportunities for career development, mentorship, and training on new technologies and skills. I was very satisfied with how well Netuitive encouraged its employees to develop as professionals and own their work.

Cons

There were too many "reorgs" and abrupt changes in product direction. My department suffered from inconsistent management, and Netuitive had issues getting past reactive product development. The work/life balance could have been much better (outside of release crunches).