KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NewStore Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2021

Found 23 of over 25 reviews

3.7
NewStore Founder and  CEO Stephan Schambach (no image)
Stephan Schambach
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Innovative and Hardworking Team

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard-working and collaborative teammates who are always willing to help you with a problem An innovative team who is thinking about the future of retail Proven leadership team that is accessible, open, and honest

Cons

As with most startups, there is always a lot to do so there is a struggle with work-life balance. However, the team has put things in place like more company days off to address this.

NewStore Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your positive experience working at NewStore. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your time working here, and wish you the best.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, product

Feb 4, 2020 - Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares about its employees like nowhere else I've worked. Business is also on the upswing, starting to make serious progress in the sector which is exciting. Benefits very good for a startup.

Cons

Half the company working from US and half in Germany can have its occasional downsides.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

4. 5.0

Great so far!

Feb 12, 2019 - Professional Services in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work Slick platform Fun customers Good benefits Offices in 2 great cities (Boston and Berlin) My boss is awesome!

Cons

The WFH policy is not as flexible as advertised No 401k match

5. 5.0

Finance Intern

Dec 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been able to reap the benefits of learning an experiencing such a fast-growing company like NewStore. With ambitious hiring opportunities, this company is disrupting the retail industry.

Cons

No current cons, the company even has free lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

6. 5.0

Proven founder, amazing opportunity

Oct 5, 2017 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our conversations are typically with the C-Suite, which their willingness to be involved is a testament to our market and the problem we are solving. Our customers/prospects are the largest/most respected in the industry. Most software companies have to start with C accounts, but NewStore has commanded the attention to the A players from the start. The founding/executive team has taken two companies public, and are highly respected in the industry. We are extremely well funded. There is a large focus on team/success. They bring the whole company together a few times a year. The summer party in Berlin is incredible!!

Cons

Be prepared to work hard. The interview process is difficult.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Glad I made the move to NewStore

Dec 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

NewStore has been a great place to work, along with having a smart, dedicated team to work with - the company culture is one that allows for innovation and a value for work/life balance. The executive team is an experienced and supportive group of very smart people who value their employees and it shows.

Cons

As with most remote and global teams there can sometimes be language barriers and/or technological difficulties. Other than that, my overall experience at NewStore has been great.

8. 5.0

Great opportunity, great team

Dec 21, 2015 - Director of Corporate Communications in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the ability to quickly take on more responsibility because NewStore is a new and rapidly growing company. The team - in Boston and Berlin - is knowledgeable, hardworking, and fun.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons of working here... we've been busy in the first several months as we are a startup and we launched on September 30, but it's really been a fun experience.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great product, great team, great benefits!

Jun 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing health care, drinks in the office, work from home, great vacation benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Since there are several offices across two continents, each office feels quite a bit smaller and less connected than a 100+ person startup might otherwise feel.

10. 2.0

Aug 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product. The initial ideas were there but everyone tries to copy the Spotify model (way way way after Spotify left it behind)

Cons

Inefficient engineering management. No tech skills or people skills. Everyone talks about company culture, but no one does anything even when things are really bad for employees.

NewStore Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Our company is growing and we have brought on many experienced technical staff and managers in the last year and a half. We understand that this change and new structure is not for everyone, but it has helped facilitate our growth. That said, we continue to get positive feedback on the changes we've made from new and tenured employees. We spend a lot of time and effort soliciting feedback via engagement surveys (our employee eNPS has steadily increased over 18 months) and holding small focus groups, and we have made many changes based on the feedback we have received. We are always open to improving and continuing to focus on making NewStore a great place to work!

11. 5.0

Great

Jun 14, 2021 - Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, use of modern technologies.

Cons

Too many major changes recently, not always well communicated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews