NewStore Reviews | Glassdoor

NewStore Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2019

4.4
NewStore CEO Stephan Schambach (no image)
Stephan Schambach
  1. "Great so far!"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at NewStore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work Slick platform Fun customers Good benefits Offices in 2 great cities (Boston and Berlin) My boss is awesome!

Cons

The WFH policy is not as flexible as advertised No 401k match

Advice to Management

Keeping doing what you do. There is a great balance of autonomy and an open-door policy. For a startup they are making large strides to improve the onboarding process. The leadership team is very transparent and employees up and down the food chain have a good handle on everything that’s going on...

NewStore2019-02-12

"Finance Intern"

I have been working at NewStore part-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been able to reap the benefits of learning an experiencing such a fast-growing company like NewStore. With ambitious hiring opportunities, this company is disrupting the retail industry.

Cons

No current cons, the company even has free lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Advice to Management

Maybe more interns in different departments?

NewStore2018-12-26

"Great product, great team, great benefits!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NewStore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing health care, drinks in the office, work from home, great vacation benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Since there are several offices across two continents, each office feels quite a bit smaller and less connected than a 100+ person startup might otherwise feel.

NewStore2018-06-08

"Proven founder, amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at NewStore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our conversations are typically with the C-Suite, which their willingness to be involved is a testament to our market and the problem we are solving. Our customers/prospects are the largest/most respected in the industry. Most software companies have to start with C accounts, but NewStore has commanded the attention to the A players from the start. The founding/executive team has taken two companies public,... and are highly respected in the industry. We are extremely well funded. There is a large focus on team/success. They bring the whole company together a few times a year. The summer party in Berlin is incredible!!

Cons

Be prepared to work hard. The interview process is difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring A+ talent

NewStore2017-10-05

"Great opportunity, great team"

Current Employee - Director of Corporate Communications in Boston, MA

I have been working at NewStore full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've had the ability to quickly take on more responsibility because NewStore is a new and rapidly growing company. The team - in Boston and Berlin - is knowledgeable, hardworking, and fun.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons of working here... we've been busy in the first several months as we are a startup and we launched on September 30, but it's really been a fun experience.

NewStore2015-12-21

"Glad I made the move to NewStore"

I have been working at NewStore full-time

Pros

NewStore has been a great place to work, along with having a smart, dedicated team to work with - the company culture is one that allows for innovation and a value for work/life balance. The executive team is an experienced and supportive group of very smart people who value their employees and it shows.

Cons

As with most remote and global teams there can sometimes be language barriers and/or technological difficulties. Other than that, my overall experience at NewStore has been great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

NewStore2015-12-21
  7. "Good to work"

I have been working at NewStore full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have goods benefits and life time.

Cons

The team don'ts work together.

NewStore2019-03-05
  8. "Good"

I have been working at NewStore full-time

Pros

A lot of freedom and good atmosphere.

Cons

Mid size company, so there is not too many career opportunities.

NewStore2018-08-22

"Ahead of its time, very promising"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at NewStore full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Very promising startup (I think ahead of its time) * Good work/life balance * Founder with a good track record * Very smart colleagues * Modern platform (no 10-year old legacy code to maintain!) * Overall good working environment * Lunch and snacks and even beer for free! ;-) * Working remotely is seen as normal. The company supports entirely the remote culture * Very very well funded

Cons

* Capturing clients might be difficult, as all new things on internet * It's a startup, thing changes quickly, sometimes too quick! (such is life) * The remote culture, sometimes it's a challenge with different time zones or colleagues that you barely see face-to-face

Advice to Management

* Keep up the good work, we'll succeed very soon. * Keep transparency with your team, don't lose that spirit as you grow. * Keep the inter-office exchanges. It's good to see real people! * Compensation is good, but not the best in Berlin, we can still improve it. * Give more recognition to your infantry. Engineers, support and other "invisible" warriors are at the core of the platform.

NewStore2018-07-23

"Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at NewStore full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people and atmosphere - The work method still changes regularly - Flexible working hours - Food 3 times a week - Fridge full of drinks/fruits and stuff to make sandwiches - Pingpong/kicker - Free phone

Cons

- Management can make unreasonable decisions from time to time that impact certain people's ability to work - Lack of transparency in management though they have improved over time - Lack of processes here and there - Career advancements can be difficult but this is also improving

Advice to Management

Management's hush-hush decisions are the first ones that employees hear about from various sources. That's basic human behavior. So why even try to be all secretive? Just be up-front and professional.

NewStore2018-07-19