- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - Berlin
- - Berlin, Germany Area
- - Berlin
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Boston, MA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- Netherlands - All Cities
- - Utrecht
- - Utrecht, Netherlands Area
- - Utrecht
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 34 of over 42 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about NewStore? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NewStore employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 11, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Market leading, strong opportunity and great management
No cons at this moment.
We are happy to hear this. Thank you for the feedback!
- Current Employee★★★★★May 5, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to develop as a seller, excellent product
None that i can think of
Thank you for your review. This is great to hear. We are thrilled you are learning and growing with NewStore!
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hard-working and collaborative teammates who are always willing to help you with a problem An innovative team who is thinking about the future of retail Proven leadership team that is accessible, open, and honest
As with most startups, there is always a lot to do so there is a struggle with work-life balance. However, the team has put things in place like more company days off to address this.Continue reading
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your positive experience working at NewStore. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your time working here, and wish you the best.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 4, 2020 - Employee in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This company cares about its employees like nowhere else I've worked. Business is also on the upswing, starting to make serious progress in the sector which is exciting. Benefits very good for a startup.
Half the company working from US and half in Germany can have its occasional downsides.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 12, 2019 - Professional Services in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Interesting work Slick platform Fun customers Good benefits Offices in 2 great cities (Boston and Berlin) My boss is awesome!
The WFH policy is not as flexible as advertised No 401k matchContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 26, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've been able to reap the benefits of learning an experiencing such a fast-growing company like NewStore. With ambitious hiring opportunities, this company is disrupting the retail industry.
No current cons, the company even has free lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays!Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing health care, drinks in the office, work from home, great vacation benefits and friendly coworkers.
Since there are several offices across two continents, each office feels quite a bit smaller and less connected than a 100+ person startup might otherwise feel.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 5, 2017 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Our conversations are typically with the C-Suite, which their willingness to be involved is a testament to our market and the problem we are solving. Our customers/prospects are the largest/most respected in the industry. Most software companies have to start with C accounts, but NewStore has commanded the attention to the A players from the start. The founding/executive team has taken two companies public, and are highly respected in the industry. We are extremely well funded. There is a large focus on team/success. They bring the whole company together a few times a year. The summer party in Berlin is incredible!!
Be prepared to work hard. The interview process is difficult.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 21, 2015 - Director of Corporate Communications in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've had the ability to quickly take on more responsibility because NewStore is a new and rapidly growing company. The team - in Boston and Berlin - is knowledgeable, hardworking, and fun.
Haven't come across any cons of working here... we've been busy in the first several months as we are a startup and we launched on September 30, but it's really been a fun experience.
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 21, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
NewStore has been a great place to work, along with having a smart, dedicated team to work with - the company culture is one that allows for innovation and a value for work/life balance. The executive team is an experienced and supportive group of very smart people who value their employees and it shows.
As with most remote and global teams there can sometimes be language barriers and/or technological difficulties. Other than that, my overall experience at NewStore has been great.Continue reading
NewStore Reviews FAQs
NewStore has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at NewStore to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.
55% of NewStore employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NewStore 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.