Cover image for NewStore

55% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 34 of over 42 reviews

3.4
NewStore Founder and  CEO Stephan Schambach (no image)
Stephan Schambach

77 Comments

Tech

572.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NewStore~1091804
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about NewStore? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NewStore employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
    There are no pros to display at this time.
Cons
  • "7. Management is pretty toxic and you cannot say NO. 8. Zero transparency and if you cannot get in the circle next review cycle you are fired.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Excellent growth opportunity

Jul 11, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Market leading, strong opportunity and great management

Cons

No cons at this moment.

NewStore Response

We are happy to hear this. Thank you for the feedback!

2. 5.0

Great place

May 5, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to develop as a seller, excellent product

Cons

None that i can think of

NewStore Response

Thank you for your review. This is great to hear. We are thrilled you are learning and growing with NewStore!

3. Join the NewStore team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Innovative and Hardworking Team

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard-working and collaborative teammates who are always willing to help you with a problem An innovative team who is thinking about the future of retail Proven leadership team that is accessible, open, and honest

Cons

As with most startups, there is always a lot to do so there is a struggle with work-life balance. However, the team has put things in place like more company days off to address this.

NewStore Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your positive experience working at NewStore. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your time working here, and wish you the best.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, product

Feb 4, 2020 - Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares about its employees like nowhere else I've worked. Business is also on the upswing, starting to make serious progress in the sector which is exciting. Benefits very good for a startup.

Cons

Half the company working from US and half in Germany can have its occasional downsides.

6. 5.0

Great so far!

Feb 12, 2019 - Professional Services in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work Slick platform Fun customers Good benefits Offices in 2 great cities (Boston and Berlin) My boss is awesome!

Cons

The WFH policy is not as flexible as advertised No 401k match

7. 5.0

Finance Intern

Dec 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been able to reap the benefits of learning an experiencing such a fast-growing company like NewStore. With ambitious hiring opportunities, this company is disrupting the retail industry.

Cons

No current cons, the company even has free lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great product, great team, great benefits!

Jun 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing health care, drinks in the office, work from home, great vacation benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Since there are several offices across two continents, each office feels quite a bit smaller and less connected than a 100+ person startup might otherwise feel.

9. 5.0

Proven founder, amazing opportunity

Oct 5, 2017 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our conversations are typically with the C-Suite, which their willingness to be involved is a testament to our market and the problem we are solving. Our customers/prospects are the largest/most respected in the industry. Most software companies have to start with C accounts, but NewStore has commanded the attention to the A players from the start. The founding/executive team has taken two companies public, and are highly respected in the industry. We are extremely well funded. There is a large focus on team/success. They bring the whole company together a few times a year. The summer party in Berlin is incredible!!

Cons

Be prepared to work hard. The interview process is difficult.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great opportunity, great team

Dec 21, 2015 - Director of Corporate Communications in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the ability to quickly take on more responsibility because NewStore is a new and rapidly growing company. The team - in Boston and Berlin - is knowledgeable, hardworking, and fun.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons of working here... we've been busy in the first several months as we are a startup and we launched on September 30, but it's really been a fun experience.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

Glad I made the move to NewStore

Dec 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

NewStore has been a great place to work, along with having a smart, dedicated team to work with - the company culture is one that allows for innovation and a value for work/life balance. The executive team is an experienced and supportive group of very smart people who value their employees and it shows.

Cons

As with most remote and global teams there can sometimes be language barriers and/or technological difficulties. Other than that, my overall experience at NewStore has been great.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews
</>Embed

NewStore Reviews FAQs

NewStore has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at NewStore to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NewStore employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NewStore. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.

55% of NewStore employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NewStore 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NewStore to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with NewStore Job Seekers