Nexeo Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Nexeo full-time

Pros

HR is always very helpful and quick to respond. Have had full time consistent work for 2 years.

Cons

Do not really have many negatives to mention. Wish I could get my w-2 mailed to me instead of only online.

"Payroll"

Pros

A lot of the employees are friends with one another, or family.
    The company is looking to expand, so that COULD mean possible growth for internal positions.

Cons

-Management is a boys club
    -There are a lot of empty promises made about growth and development
    -Raises and evaluations are non-existant
    -The new CEO and CFO use scare tactics and intimidation to get people to quit in order to bring in their own people
    -For an HR company, the HR department is a joke. They lie about reasons for pushing people out of company and are constantly making mistakes with insurance deductions. There is no confidentiality and they intimidate employees in order to avoid doing extra work to help with conflict.
    -Extremely high stress job, no acknowledgement or praise or reward of any kind.
    -Payroll is asked to be robotic and un-emotional at ALL times. Any hint of frustration, and you're in trouble for being "negative" even though the work load is impossibly high and there are many solutions, but no one will listen to any alternative ways of doing the job.
    -Branch leaders are babied and allowed to get away with murder, while payroll has to pick up the pieces with a plastered smile on their face, or else.
    -Payroll girls are gossipy and catty, very uncomfortable, though the CFO is more catty and gossipy than anyone else
    -LDS atmosphere. If you're not tied to the church, you're made to feel like an outcast

Advice to Management

Realize your high turnover. Don't make promises you can't keep and instead of firing people and intimidating executives to quit, maybe try being honest and sincere and understand you're messing with people's lives and families. If you're in a position of authority, you should act respectably, not gossiping about other executives and employees. It causes employees to be distrustful toward you and not believe you're looking out for them. Which I've noticed with all the people who have been pushed out, that you most definitely aren't.

3. "Mixer"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Roy, UT
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Roy, UT

Pros

They are a competitive agency that treat you fairly.

Cons

Nothing bad about this agency

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep helping the clients as you already are doing. They are a great group of people.

"Maintenance technician"

Pros

Hourly wage. Got me in the career field.

Cons

Temp agency, no benefits and in's wth the company.

Advice to Management

Just keep up what your doing. You make it so people who start out from school can get a job.

6. "Nexeo was a fun culture and a great place to work!"

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Orem, UT
    Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Orem, UT

I worked at Nexeo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about Nexeo is the people you work with. Everyone is working hard to help the company grow. The Executive Team works very hard and they know each employee personally.

Cons

It is hard to say what the cons were, because they all stem from the fact that Nexeo is moving forward from a "small business" into a larger company. There are always growing pains associated with that.

"Use a Different Company"

Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Orem, UT

Pros

1) If you are sitting at the bottom of the barrel this service will at the very least help you get started with some temp jobs ranging in pay on average between 8 - 9$ / hr.
    2) Friendly Staff

Cons

1) Jobs come in for employment in small quantities and not very often.
    2) Unfriendly Staff [See results of 3]
    3) If you can't do two or more long term jobs, you get threatened to have no more employment through them or outright fired.**

** This is my experience from today:
    A) This is the second time I had to cut a long-term appointment short for uncontrollable factors.
    B) Thought the assignment was for today only, instead they wanted me to work 50+ hrs per week for the next month with no overtime pay (base pay of 9.00/hr).
    C) Voiced some concerns about this and some slight problems that would interfere with how long my shift on Wed-Fri would be.
    L__> As a result of (C) I was flat out threatened that if I didn't find a way to resolve those -------concerns within a three week timeframe, that I should consider myself no longer an -------employee of Nexeo, I'm not the only one either, there's at least 2 others I know of this -------happening to as well.
    -------As such I am working harder than ever to find full time employment.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire male HR staff at this location, they can not seem to keep control of those with whom they are supposed to be overseeing and setting up for work.

8. "Best Company I used for a technology job"

I have been working at Nexeo full-time

Pros

Looking for a high level position best company to work with.
    Went to others, but Nexeo had more and better options.
    They made sure to get a true understanding of what I was looking for and the type of work culture I enjoyed. Got me placed and the perfect position.

Cons

There high level office I had to wait in the same place as some of their temp jobs.