NiceJob Reviews

Updated Feb 12, 2021

Found 19 of over 19 reviews

4.4
NiceJob Founder Lars Kristensen (no image)
Lars Kristensen
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent culture, best place I have worked

Jun 16, 2020 - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company culture Team was exceptionally talented, kind, and caring I was able to work remotely

Cons

Based in Canada (Only really a con because I am in the US!)

2. 5.0

AMAZING Company Culture

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team is extremely supportive. They trust you, they believe in you and they push you to achieve more without being overbearing or demanding. You're in the company of colleagues who care and who have all mentioned "helping people" as a core motivation in the life, personally and professionally. It's a truly special group of people.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture with tonnes of autonomy

Oct 7, 2020 - Senior Full Stack Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recently hired, about 3 weeks in and everyone I have met so far has just been really friendly, really easy to work with and super professional. Everyone is eager to help you out and just passionate about doing a great job. The onboarding process is thorough and insightful, and it gives a an excellent introduction to the product. They have a high level of technical maturity for a small team but they are open to improvement wherever your see opportunities. The tech stack is React with GCP (serverless and microservices), nodejs, graphql. Really flexible working environment, your performance is measured against your results rather than your methods.

Cons

It is a small company, with a start-up atmosphere and the company values people with an entrepreneurial-attitude. So, you get to pick your projects to a certain degree and you are judged only by your results which suits me really well. If, however, you prefer the structure of a well-established hierarchy and knowing exactly what is expected of you on a daily basis, then this might not be for you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting challenge where possibilities are endless

Dec 12, 2019 - People & Experience Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's the total startup environment! You get the autonomy to do things the way you want and your opinion is always asked for and valued. They give you flexible work schedules, which is convenient working from home when needed. However, it is a fast-paced environment so you need to be confident in your abilities, and self-driven; this also means the possibility of growth and what you can achieve is strongly based on yourself... you need to share your ideas and speak up! Lastly, I love the people at NiceJob! They are supportive, welcoming, fun, and always there with a helping hand. The culture is truly engrained in the company; coworkers get involved in socials and it's a work hard, play hard environment. At NiceJob, we view everyone as friends because just coming to work, doing tasks, and leaving makes your job unenjoyable.

Cons

Not much, just a bit more mentorship could be supplied at times. If you are the type of person who needs someone to hold your hand and guide you along the way, this is probably not the best place for you.

5. 3.0

Employee

Nov 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its fine, nothing else to say

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A driven & growing company

Nov 26, 2018 - Convert Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my position here. NiceJob is made up of an incredible group of motivated professionals. Each are experts in their field, and the team gels together great. The product - review software & awesomely designed websites - is fantastic ... as our raving customers testify to. Working with so many happy customers brings great job satisfaction and tangible excitement to the team. NiceJob is very customer focused, so our product is constantly improving, with new features being added - which is pretty impressive when it's already the best product on the market! That push for excellence makes for an energetic and driven working environment. Anyone coming to NiceJob should be looking for a fit with a productive, working hard team. The office is located in a great area of Gastown. The benefits package is excellent and completely free to each staff member. I'd highly recommend working at NiceJob ... which leads me to address the comments the ex-employees who've written a couple of untrue reviews. It's a close-knit company, so the comments are hurtful to the whole team. Currently in the office itself is a 50/50 split of male and female employees. Opportunities for growth are equally available to both sexes, with 2 of the 5 managers being female. In my female opinion none of the male staff members have acted inappropriately. The 2 female members who left, planned to leave on the same day - which incidentally was giving 0 days notice! Their departure, with no notice whatsoever, was unkind to their co-workers, as everyone else was left to pick up the unfinished work.

Cons

Sometimes things can get really busy

3 people found this review helpful

Founder

Thanks for taking the time to write you review of NiceJob. We're so proud of everyone on the team, we're very privileged to have a truly amazing group of people working here!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Come to NiceJob for a nice job!

Mar 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

NiceJob is a small company growing fast, so you have a lot of flexibility in what you choose to accomplish and how you do so. The day-to-day is engaging and I'm happy to come into work. At the end of the day, you need to feel inspired not only by the work, but also the people that you work alongside. NiceJob has put together a team that is just as personally supportive as it is professionally driven. I was a new grad at the time of hiring and was given a chance to prove myself and show my worth. If you can demonstrate potential, you will be given room to grow your skills and flourish. Other Pros: - Great benefits package - Competitive salary - Flexible work hours (occasional work from home)

Cons

Because there are a lot of changes and growth, you need to be self motivated and be able to take initiative. No one is going to be breathing down your neck, you need to be a self starter.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for

May 31, 2019 - Customer Support Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am loving how much I learn each day, and that I feel challenged everyday. I appreciate the on going training that the company provides, and as a start up things are handled very quickly, and improved in a matter of days. You work with great people that are not in a competition with you but rather are willing and ready to help you grow. I love that I constantly receive feedback, and I feel valued for my work. They also value your talents, and try to help you reach your potential. Management is fantastic and very easy to work with. Thank you for being so approachable. Fantastic company.

Cons

None that I can find at this moment

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very happy to have made the move to NiceJob :)

Feb 15, 2019 - Customer Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I come from a background in the hospitality industry and am loving it here at NiceJob. - I am provided flexible work with options to occasionally work from home, and have variable hours when needed. - There is a culture of personal growth and I can tell that they really care that I improve over time and grow with the company. - One of my favourite aspects is that I can really ask any question or have a meeting with any employee, even the CEO, and they care and listen to what I have to say and provided me honest feedback. Such a stark difference from what I am familiar with in hotels. - Also I am very happy with how the team-building happens, with shared lunches, after work ping pong games and monthly outings!

Cons

- Things are changing frequently and you need to be flexible. - With a small team you have to wear a lot of hats and know how to prioritize.

3 people found this review helpful

Director of Growth

Thank you for the great review! We love that you're happy you made the switch from hospitality to us because having staff with a diversity of experiences and cultures is important and valued here at NiceJob. The fact that we strive to make sure everyone is respected and has their opinions and ideas heard is one of the things we're most proud about in terms of our culture - and it's one of the things that makes working in a startup great!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Uncomfortable work environment

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great and talented people work at this company.

Cons

The most important takeaways I would like to convey to anyone considering a position at NiceJob, is that the management team has a history of misogynistic tendencies and have treated employees with little respect. Complaints of harassment, including racist remarks, fall on deaf ears, and I would especially like to warn women as myself and others have experienced inappropriate comments and actions. I would strongly urge anyone considering working with NiceJob to think twice and look for other opportunities.

25 people found this review helpful

Founder

This reviews is blatantly false. The views expressed by the reviewer are not an honest description of NiceJob, rather they are an attack on the company due to a personal difference the reviewer had with a co-worker on her team. Not to mention the reviewer has had a friend also leave this same review, so now their are two reviews on Glassdoor motivated by the same person. 50% of the managers at NiceJob are women, and they've left their honest feedback in many of the other reviews found here at Glassdoor. Our CEO & founder spends over 1000 hours a year volunteer teaching in communities around the world to help those that are less fortunate. Our team consists of amazing men and women from different cultures, countries and backgrounds. We're incredibly proud of every one of them, and together they make NiceJob the company it is. We can't stop Glassdoor from being yet another medium on the internet for the spread of misinformation and lies. But we can point potential new team members to where they can go if they want to learn what kind of company and culture NiceJob truly has. Come to our office and say hi. Talk to the team, it will quickly become apparent what the truth of the matter really is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews