NimbleUser Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Dawn VanDamme

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Forward-Thinking Company with an Awesome Culture"

I have been working at NimbleUser full-time

Pros

I've never been part of a company that offers such support and help when needed. When you come into work, you can expect everyone to be in a great mood (maybe because of the non-stop super tasty coffee) and actually caring about how your weekend was instead of just making small talk just to do it. The work environment is mostly casual and our team knows when to turn it on and get things done efficiently and successfully. The entire crew is not only very sharp, but have a lot of experience that I've been able to learn and grow from.

I was absolutely content with my previous employer and job, but after interviewing with not only my now direct manager, but also the CEO, Founder, my peers, etc., it was apparent that these guys actually walk the walk and have a family mentality.

NimbleUser might not be a good fit for everyone that wants to come into work everyday with a suit on (even though you can if you want), but personally, I've never rolled out of bed completely bummed out that I had to head to work.

Pros:

- Great coffee
    - Our products are forward-thinking & innovative (our solution is built on Salesforce)
    - Supportive & Friendly Staff
    - Staff parties with pizza, cookie cake, pot lucks, etc.
    - Standing desks which have helped my neck and back pain from previous injuries
    - Beer Club on Fridays after work to enjoy new beer we've never tried
    - Work from home if need be
    - Staff is all-in together with a "One Team" mentality from top down
    - Zero Micromanagement

Cons

We are growing and there are times where you will have days with not enough hours in them. It's a great problem to have, but you need to have the intellectual horsepower and drive to get things done in a successful manner on some days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The company is definitely growing and success keeps coming with walking the walk of our core values.

2. "An Enjoyable Place to Work"

I have been working at NimbleUser full-time

Pros

NimbleUser overall is a nice place to work. The people are nice and they really take a work-life balance seriously.

Cons

The company is older and is still dealing with emotional baggage from the past. Despite what they say, they do employ a few "brilliant jerks" and need to work on listening to their own employees better.

Advice to Management

NimbleUser needs to better support people as they grow and give their employees the safety to fail and learn from those experiences.

3. "Software Engineer in Test"

I worked at NimbleUser full-time

Pros

Coffee
    Work environment
    Values and Ethics
    Happy place to work
    Good colleagues
    Remote work sometimes

Cons

Salary limits
    Less motivation at times

"Excellent place to work. Small, close knit, innovative. Too many managers."

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Pittsford, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Pittsford, NY

I have been working at NimbleUser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are encouraged to be yourself and to challenge company norms that are counter productive. There is no weirdness between management and non management folks. Everyone gets a standing desk and a laptop. The office itself is *beautiful* with lots of light and windows, and around 15 individual work environments if the open office is too distracting. There is unlimited excellent high quality coffee, fresh fruit, and every kind of seltzer you could imagine. There are too many benefits to list here. Great health insurance and 401k plan.

Cons

There are not enough developers and too many managers. We need to flip that! Sometimes process changes too quickly for everyone to catch up. The office is *very* white.

"Innovative and inspiring company to work for!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at NimbleUser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NimbleUser was a great company to work for - flexible, fun culture, and everybody always willing to help each other and help the company. Nobody looks down on you, and nobody's competing with you to score brownie points with the management. Everybody works together as a team - so much so that nobody has an office (what other company president's desk is in the same pod as software engineers?). Change is embraced, not ignored.

Cons

Work-life balance was rough for awhile, but it's been greatly improving over the past 6-8 months.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsford, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsford, NY

I worked at NimbleUser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people who are always willing to help out others in need, bleeding edge Salesforce technology, challenging and rewarding work, open work environment with close collaboration.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming, however, others are very willing to help out when necessary.

7. "Amazing place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at NimbleUser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, brilliant minds, and fantastic coffee. The work is going to challenge you, and that's a great thing.

Cons

Sometimes we struggle to stay focused, but a mindful participant usually is able to quickly pull us back in.

8. "Rockin' Company"

Pros

Great work environment. Smart people. Great service and vision. Great leadership.

Cons

I did not like the orange bathrooms.

9. "Great Company."

Pros

Phenomenal Culture. The people are smart, hard working, easy to get along with, and happy. Also, management strives for happy employees by having a good work-life balance as well as listening to employee feedback and taking action to improve.

Flexibility. One can go to the doctor without taking PTO as long as the time is made up. I can work from home when needed.

Diverse Responsibilities. In any given week, I can be training, solving various engineering and business problems, working with partners and clients, and creating great software to name a few.

Satisfying & Meaningful Work. By helping associations, I'm helping the world. At past employers, I looked forward to the weekend because the work was blah. Now, every day is Friday.

Cons

Fast paced. Personally, I like it. I can see how some wouldn't.

I wish we had tuition reimbursement and life insurance.

10. "Customer Happiness is Priority"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Pittsford, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Pittsford, NY

I have been working at NimbleUser full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From one of my first days (over 9 years ago) with NimbleUser I knew I had found the perfect place for me. I overheard the Founder of the company tell a prospect that we were not really the right fit for them and provided them with the name of a competitor that was likely a better fit. Customer success and happiness is our unwavering number one goal and it is obvious. Employees here are empowered to make decisions that are best for the customer and NimbleUser.

I love the culture we have here at NimbleUser. It is something you can feel when you are in our office. We have a great environment where everyone pitches in to get the work done that needs to be done. We work hard together and we play hard as well with fun company events.

I also value the fact that family is valued and we are encouraged to use our vacation time to recharge with our families.

Cons

The biggest challenge I see is the ever changing environment that we operate in. While we have been around for a while (over 21 years), we have recently launched a new product, so we have a feel of being in start up mode. This means that as soon as we think we have something figured out it changes. So you need to be able to react quickly, think on our your feet and be willing to ebb and flow with the changing tides.