Noerr Programs Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Judy Noerr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of fun working with kids, Santa, and the Easter Bunny (in 6 reviews)

• My Santa Claus was excellent, huge team effort (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours on feet get exhausting (in 7 reviews)

• Very few hours and very low pay rate (in 3 reviews)

1. "Let those who put in the extra work advance!"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Noerr Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

weekly pay, guaranteed hours, holiday spirit

Cons

high pressure, competitive, little chance for promotion, hardly any breaks, no calling out

Advice to Management

When you have an employee that wants to do more and is committed you should be trying to keep them. If they are wanting a promotion and have shown the proper skills don't hold them back just because there are cliches

2. "Noerr program review"

I worked at Noerr Programs full-time

Pros

Great for learning new marketing ideas.
    A great start for anyone who wants to get into the marketing career.

Cons

You can sometimes catch colds from children but otherwise there aren't any cons

3. "Decent job, but time consuming."

Former Employee - Set Manager
    Former Employee - Set Manager

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seasonal work that starts at minimum wage but, also pays based on experience. Set helpers learn all jobs so you don't get stuck doing the same job everyday. If you enjoy working with children or need extra work around Christmas or Easter Noerr is a good choice. If working a Set Manager job, you work independently of the regional manager for the most part so self motivation is important.

Cons

When I managed the set I was overworked, there was no cap on hours because it was a salary for the season and I had a strict budget to work with when scheduling other employees. The compensation was not enough for the hours I put into the set. I have since heard that they have fixed this problem by capping set managers hours at 40 a week and increasing labor hours in the budget.

4. "I worked as "santas helper" at a seasonal photo booth in a mall"

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time

Pros

I got to learn a lot about photography. I was able to learn how to take control during stressful chaotic times and keep costumers happy.

Cons

High stress levels at certain times. Unhappy children and parents at times because of waiting in long lines.

Advice to Management

Have a better system for the people waiting in long lines

5. "Stressful and fun"

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time

Pros

Easy work holiday extra money is always nice

Cons

Little training or supervision unreal expectations unprofessional acting upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are human beings. Speak to them with a little kindness

6. "Could have been great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    The job itself can be very chill and lots of fun depending on who the manager/assistant manager is
    Pay is not bad for the work you do

Cons

Company is incredibly unstructured and disorganized
    Their hiring system and paperwork system is slow and terrible... I spent about 2 hours trying to finalize all of my paperwork
    Some of the managers are more concerned with following protocol than providing a good customer service experience
    The same rigidity by the managers is what took all of the fun and enjoyment out of the job - once you take that away from a temporary employee there's not much left to keep them interested so most stop caring. Because temp employees are harder to replace as the season goes on, they keep the crappy ones and the good ones eventually get tired of working harder for the same pay.
    However the rigidity mentioned before didn't extend to bunny breaks which are supposed to be given every couple of hours... while I was there they left people in the bunny suit for up to FOUR hours. Having been in the suit, believe me when I say this is nothing short of barbaric.

Advice to Management

Give employees more incentives to want to be there and work hard. Want them to up sell? Give them goals and small bonuses for meeting/exceeding the goals. Stop keeping terrible workers just because you don't want to deal with hiring. They bring the whole team down.
    Teach your managers to treat employees with respect and give the character employees breaks when they need it. Also teach the managers to make customer service the top priority. If the photographer is trained to take no more than 5 photos but the kids are blinking or crying in all of them, it's unreasonable to expect them to buy a $30 package. Also include a slightly cheaper package for customers who want photos with their phones or own cameras - this will help cut down on time and employees needed on shift too. At the very least have a cheaper digital-only package sent via email that gives people another option when they don't care for print and would rather have something they can post instantly to Facebook or email to relatives.

7. "Great job, if you like getting shafted on pay."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seeing the children and their families light up at the sight of the Easter Bunny made it almost worth it. Almost.

Cons

No training whatsoever, no supervision of employees, lied to about my pay rate, lack of concern for employee safety, supervisor was emotionally manipulative

Advice to Management

Standardize your pay rates and be up front about them - don't let managers make false promises about pay. Don't stretch your Set Managers so thin. Make sure a Manger is always on set. Actually run background checks on your employees, don't just claim to. And PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT YOU AGREED TO PAY THEM.

8. "My first job"

Former Employee - Set Helper
    Former Employee - Set Helper

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was an easy job, not much to do so the pay seemed fair. Weren't a lot of workers so I ended up getting a raise.

Cons

No chairs so I was left to stand around most of the time for hours. It's seasonal so it ended after a couple weeks.

9. "sales associate/ photographer"

I worked at Noerr Programs part-time

Pros

Great people and great training.

Cons

Long hours on foot with only one 10 minute break. Every time i clocked out for lunch, they needed me back ASAP. it was super irritating when i could only have one bite of my food before someone needed me.

Advice to Management

Give more breaks or you'll lose employees. 10.00 hourly is not enough for this job.

10. "Seasonal Worker"

Pros

Lots of hours and good pay

Cons

Only offers seasonal, it's a holiday gig so working the holidays isn't awesome but it's good quick work