Noritake Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Hitoshi Tanemura
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Experience For New Graduates"

Former Employee - Sales in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Mason, OH

I worked at Noritake full-time

Pros

The company only hires new graduates without industrial sales experience. So if you are looking for a legit company that will give you a chance this is the company. If you like traveling, this is the job for you. I was given much responsibility at the company. It was very fun. Advice, just keep your head down and learn as much as possible.

Cons

The company is not designed for long-term employment. This company is more like a stepping stone. There is no room for career advancement or significant pay raises. I developed great experience at this company and once I left, I landed a higher position with significantly more pay. I am very successful at my current job, thanks to the experience I gained with this company.

Advice to Management

If in fact you want to retain new employees, you have to provide competitive pay and you must also provide more room for advancement. The Assistant Manager promotion is no different than the sales associate position.

2. "Company without vision"

Current Employee - Sales in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Mason, OH

I have been working at Noritake full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Maybe traveling but gets old quickly

Cons

Lowest wages in the industry
    Favoritism
    Dead ended job
    No punishment and no rewards for anything

Advice to Management

Review the goal and vision of your organization. Run your company like American company because you are in America.

3. "Good place to start out as a technical sales rep."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Freedom to work without some one constantly looking over your shoulder. Opportunity to feel ownership as you make critical decisions and gain confidence through challenges.

As a salesman you are entrusted to do the best job possible for the company. You are not given strict guidelines on how to accomplish the ultimate goals. You are given the freedom to market according to your own sales style. You are given accounts to manage as well as a territory to expand sales. There are no requirements for cold calls. You can do them but they are ineffective in this business. Relationships are everything.

Cons

Pay is not competitive for a technical sales rep. There are no commissions for sales people, only a bonus at the end of the year which is determined by company performance and market expectations. it is a small company with little to no opportunity for promotion. So as a sales rep the best you can hope for is to get a 2-4% raise each year and maybe a title change. The Japanese style is to pay salaries to salesmen and expect them to be loyal to the company regardless of the lack of financial motivation. Besides the pay, there is virtually no way to get promoted as a sales rep unless a new branch is opened.

Advice to Management

Commission, commission, commission. Without it there is little motivation to sell more and stay with a company as a salesman.

4. "Awesome company"

I worked at Noritake full-time

Pros

Very focused work enviorment

Cons

Salary is entry level