KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Highly ethical, and great training on all the products and services they offer.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Great culture begins at the top and the leadership starting with Justin Nielsen and Matt Burrows was the best.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Happy employees equal hard work and success.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Amazing leadership and co workers.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Management is always reminding you that there is room for growth, and that they're there to help you get to where you want to be.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's a grind but the opportunity is there

Aug 11, 2022 - National Account Executive in St. George, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Follow the training and sales cycle and you can make amazing money here. The company gives you all the tools you need to be successful. I love the training and feedback. I trusted the process and it's been working out. Super happy I made the jump.

Cons

It's a grind. Day in and day out you are creating your own business opportunities.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Onset Financial - the industry leader in equipment finance!

Aug 4, 2022 - National Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onset Financial is a proven industry leader. With record-breaking growth year-over-year, we continue to set the standard for independent finance companies. Always making improvements and getting better and more effiecient in every aspect of the business, from lead generation to credit, to underwriting, and documetation, to closing and funding, we are the best in ALL categories. The Onset family of companies is like a well-oiled machine.

Cons

If you can call this a CON, the expectations for success are high. If you're not a "gamer," you will quickly discover that you don't belong here. To clarify, Onset Financial provides ample training and opportunities, but "real" effort is required on a daily basis from each member of the team.

3. 4.0

They strive for success!

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of free swag, lots of effort put into quarterly themes that encourage engagement, Onset Fitness classes offered during lunch hour, Company Summer Party, Occasional group trips, Onset Gives (volunteer opportunities), Standing desks, Beautiful campus, Team building dates, Opportunities to work from home as needed, Lots of support from management

Cons

Can sometimes be inconsistent with policies, Micro managing, Encourage extreme minimalism (they don't want you to have much on your desk except necessities), Doesn't seem to be much room for movement or opportunity for growth within the company, Work from home hybrid schedule not available for new employees, As mentioned in the title, they strive for success so if you're not ready to push hard and meet them where they're at, they do what they can to help you get there but you have to put maximum effort to get there. Only listing that last one as a con because if you're not ready to push yourself, this isn't the job for you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

The MOST rewarding company to work for... EVER!

Jun 24, 2022 - Documentation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with every single day, the endless training opportunities creating endless opportunity for growth. The support from managers and colleagues is spectacular. Onset is one big family, and you feel that with everything you do here. The leadership is unlike any other, Justin gets to know his employees and ensures everyone is taken care of. Onset is truly one big family and you feel that with everything you do. Onset goes above and beyond to ensure we enjoy coming into work and doing what we do. On top of the benefits, we have lunch time work outs, free cereal, drinks, pizza Fridays, a game room, a summer party and the winter Gala and unbelievable SWAG that somehow keeps getting better! I could seriously go on and on about the many, many pros of Onset!

Cons

N/A - I cannot think of a single con.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Simply the Best!

Feb 2, 2022 - Product Management, Data Analyst in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Onset for 12+yrs now and feel the same as I did the day I started. Fantastic! I've held several positions, Onset promotes from within whenever possible. We had two Ops promotions just yesterday. Onset is in very good hands, which gives me comfort and motivation. High integrity is a big part of this company. The CEO and CXO are incredibly driven people. Always thinking of new ways to improve every aspect of the company. It's a big circle of trust at Onset. The employees come first. Happy employees equal hard work and success. Onset also has a philanthropic branch, Onset Gives. They contribute to various charities and also promote breast cancer awareness (have you seen the pink Onset billboards along I-15? Very cool!). The SWAG is second to none. Onset has always given out awesome gear...t-shirts, Ogio backpacks, duffle bags, Bluetooth speakers, Ogio jackets, coats, blankets, and so much more. There is a cereal bar in the Onset bistro, free popcorn, and oatmeal. You'd be crazy not to want to work at Onset. We've hit record-breaking numbers for years. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this company. It's very exciting to be a part of the growth!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

6. 5.0

I love Onset

May 4, 2022 - National Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped 5% commission on gross margin. Flexibility to work from home. Incredible culture where everyone encourages & pushes you to be your best. Biannual training that Is offsite. Incredible executive leadership that you get to see and interact with and learn from.

Cons

Challenging job much like anything in sales, but this is a bit different animal from most other tele-sales jobs. If you're committed to get better everyday and take pride in personal development and slowly becoming the best version of yourself as possible -you will be a great fit and find astounding levels of success.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Onset Financial is a Company that gives, grows, and unifies

May 4, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onset Financial has an incredible team that empowers all employees to do their best and work as a unit to accomplish phenomenal goals. Not only do we continue to break records and receive local and national awards, but we have the best perks! We have Onsite Professional Fitness Trainer and daily team workouts during lunch break. We also have an awesome Incentive program that allows employees to award eachother when someone has gone above and beyond. We have incredible swag, pizza fridays, and awesome training.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing Culture

Jan 19, 2022 - Loan Documentation Specialist III
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a really exciting time to be working at Onset. The energy, the growth, the people, the excitement of being part of such an amazing team if something you will not see anywhere else. The leadership is untouchable. Justin Nielsen is passionate about his company and his employees. The benefits and working environment are amazing! We have exercise equipment, an onsite personal trainer, game room, Friday pizza or BBQ, free cereal, free swag, annual summer party, annual winter GALA and a beautiful building to work in. Our team works so well together, we are like family here. There is so much growth opportunities and you get to learn from the best in the industry! I love the employee recognition program. I could go on and on. So proud to be part of Onset and continue to brag every chance I get.

Cons

I don't believe there any cons. It is fast-paced sales driven company with deadlines to hit, goals to hit, and we work long and hard to achieve these. It's definitely not an easy job, but we work hard and work smart and the rewards and benefits are so worth it.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working at Onset

Feb 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Benefit packages. - Competitive pay. - Healthy balance in work /life - they care about you and your wellbeing. - Gym located on site as well as cardio equipment on each floor for use, and they do a fitness class everyday during lunch - while still allowing for time to eat of course. - Positive leadership who are happy to help you learn and grow within the company and as an individual. I've been impressed with management and communication/availability. - Exceptional training opportunities for doing your best work & amazing rewards. - Convenient location right off the freeway (also a St. George Location) - Close to many restaurants for food options, and they bring in lunch every Friday! (Free cereal and drinks in our bistro)

Cons

The only Con, is if you don't work here! I honestly can say that I don't have any cons to list at this moment. I'll come update if I find any.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome work environment, and team!

Mar 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-An incredible leadership team that is unlike anything I have experienced before in my career. The level of professionalism and care that they use when working with employees and customers alike is amazing. -Awesome workplace environment. I get to work in a beautiful building that provides me everything I need and more to effectively do my job -High quality company merchandise. Every three months we get awesome company branded gear like backpacks, high quality bluetooth speakers (JBL and Marshall), shirts, jackets, and more. -Onset is always keeping us engaged through quarterly incentives and themes that unify the company and keep things fresh and interesting! -Constant opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Cons

-Things move very quickly which occasionally means having to put off projects temporarily to meet the immediate & evolving needs of the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews

Onset Financial Reviews FAQs

Onset Financial has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 168 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Onset Financial to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Onset Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Onset Financial. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

85% of Onset Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Onset Financial 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Onset Financial to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Onset Financial Job Seekers