Onset Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Onset Financial Reviews

Updated February 4, 2019

4.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "And on top of all that we are incredibly fortunate to be in a beautiful amazing new building" (in 8 reviews)

• "We have professional sales trainings twice a year in Park City - just watch the video of it" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work is a requirement of success" (in 6 reviews)

• "Senior and Middle Management are so disconnected from the sales floor" (in 6 reviews)

"Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Product Management in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Product Management in Draper, UT

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Onset Financial is a fantastic company to work for! They take care of their employees and have a great culture. Onset offers a great product that makes a difference for companies, the entire team works well together to ensure the client is taken care of quickly. There are fun perks like swag, pizza Fridays, and celebration parties. Management goes out of their way to ensure employees are set up for success. Justin, the CEO, has an incredible vision and high goals for the company that will be exceeded. And on top of all that we are incredibly fortunate to be in a beautiful amazing new building! I would highly recommend Onset as a great place to work!

Cons

There are no cons with Onset.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - National Account Executive
    Former Employee - National Account Executive

I worked at Onset Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is outstanding. The CEO is absolutely someone to look up to and emulate. Dustin Bond is a great mentor, as is Steen and the other managers. I reccomend a dedicated sales person to apply for this position and make an attempt to work for Dustin Bond. He will make you better. My decision to leave the company was a tough decision and based solely on extraneous circumstances. I would recommend to family and friends.

Chandler Coburn

Cons

Work hard, get better, and there will be no cons.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Feb 4, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We really appreciate it. Best of luck in what you're doing now. We're sad to see you go.

3. "Fulfilling and Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time

Pros

Exceptional culture - positive, happy, energetic, competitive, creative, rewarding, highly professional environment.
    Team atmosphere - all departments work together to ensure a fast, streamlined, and transparent experience for our clients.
    Tools for success - new 55K sq foot building, latest and greatest technology, quick access to all departments, constructive feedback from management, 100% support from ownership - all of it helps to create a clear path to success.
    Extremely competitive industry - promotes employee growth and development by creating the necessity to be better and do better in our specific roles. If you are willing to work hard and smart, and be rewarded very well, Onset is the place!
    People - solid, hardworking individuals who know how to work when it's time to work, and play when it's time to play, including ownership!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!

Feb 4, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for the awesome review! We feel like you've hit the nail on the head! We're glad you're here!

4. "Never felt more valued as an employee"

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leaders empower those around them. We have some of the best leadership in the industry. This company values its employees. Excellent training.
    Inside sales job (having done outside sales, this is a big plus) Comfortable work environment full of natural light. Beautiful new building. $100K+ income potential for those willing to work for it. Prize givaways every Friday for those that hit certain, very doable, milestones. Anyone who consistently does at least the bare minimum of what is required here is doing deals.

Cons

It's hard to stay positive if your aren't doing deals.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Keep the positive energy flowing around the office. Management does a great job of acknowledging hard work and achievements. Everyone benefits from that, so I'd say keep that up as well.

Feb 4, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

We're glad to have you here!

5. "Massive Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Draper, UT

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first was introduced to equipment leasing I was not sure what to expect, but being in this business for over 5 years now I can share some insights i've learned and hopefully will help you determine if this is the right path for you.

1)This is truly one of the hardest jobs i've ever had, not because its physical demanding.. but mentally you are forced to keep your emotions in check, to maintain a good attitude while prospecting for new leads and clients because you never know which call will be the one that could truly change your whole life.

2)The rewards are much greater than I ever expected. In training you are told stories of clients who a salesperson calls into and has plans to grow their business, lo and behold our model is in perfect alignment and we partner up to fund millions of dollars for their growth. Conceptually that sounded great, but once I actually achieved those wins for myself, then I began to truly realize the extent of the benefits Onset provides to our clients as I watch them scale with our funding. Therefore, the compensation is phenomenal because of the massive value added for our clients, and at the same time the work is rewarding when you see the positive impact you're making on a customers business, and the US economy.

3) The people at Onset are truly best in class. Its interesting when you work for a company that attracts top talent, it (at least for me) makes you want to improve to meet that level of excellence every department displays. I can think of numerous examples where every department including ownership has gone out of their way for me or my clientele. Its rare to find a company where every department wants sales to win because they see the value we provide, and in turn we work to do our best work so that we can provide a smooth process beginning to end for every client. I believe the level of talent we have combined with the culture of excellence everyone wins. The year over year growth, and the accolades Onset continues to win are proof of this. The company is still in its infancy at 10 years old, this is only the beginning!

4) Extras.. We get free pizza fridays, tons of free swag, just moved into an amazing campus, and tons of incentives with everything from trips to i phones.

Cons

1)Hard work is a requirement of success. Its not a job where you can give a 50% effort and win, it requires the best of people and their full attention because we are managing accounts for sophisticated clients.

2)Work cannot be taken home. Work/Life balance is an important aspect of this company, so even when I want to continue working on a deal through the weekend I have to leave it at work and resume on Monday.

3)You will be pushed out of your comfort zone. This comes in different forms for everyone, but as this is a fairly new company (10 years old) we count on every individual to give their best and push Onset to the next level. People who are looking for an easy job this isnt it, every day we get out of comfort zones to provide for our families and provide excellent service to our clients. I can tell you from first hand experience.. its worth it.

Advice to Management

Don't stop improving. Continue bringing on top talent like Melinda to help us continue to improve our processes. Thank you for the incentives, those gestures that give back on top of commissions mean a lot to us in the sales department!

Feb 4, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for your loyalty and hard work!

6. "Sr. Leasing Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Officer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Officer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* I have never worked for a company that works so hard to make sure its employees are happy coming to work
    * We work hard but the positive environment helps to relieve the stress
    * Our new building is beautiful
    * The company is growing

Cons

I can't see any cons in working for this great company

Jan 25, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are so glad you are part of the team. Thanks for working hard to help us grow this amazing company!

7. "Always better in ALL Ways"

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Officer
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Officer

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many when it comes to working for Onset Financial. The leadership is absolutely amazing. I've never worked for a company before that truly care about their employees. Management is 100% behind their employees, helping in every aspect to guide you to succeed, no matter what department you are in. The culture is beyond amazing! The perks are off the hook! and who wouldn't love a brand new gorgeous building to call your own. So proud to come into work each day knowing that I'm part of such an amazing company that no one in this industry can touch! I'm always, always, always bragging about who I work for.

Cons

Honestly can not think of any! Only thing that comes to mind is just the construction sounds continuing to go on while the finishing touches are being done on our new building. HOWEVER - this is temporary and the building is fantastic so definitely worth the noise :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it's obviously working. We have the best management team out there!

Jan 25, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for the amazing review! But more than the review, thank you for working hard for Onset every day! We appreciate you!

8. "Simply The Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Documentation
    Current Employee - Documentation

I have been working at Onset Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, events and environment of Onset stand out. Not only is hard work recognized, but it is also encouraged and cultured.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with the updates and training within the Documentation Department, they are great!

Jan 25, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for the nice review. And, thank you for being an integral part of our team here at Onset Financial!

9. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Draper, UT

I worked at Onset Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Building
    Swag
    Parties
    Pizza
    Cereal
    CEO is very generous

Cons

The leads are old and have been called hundreds of times.
    Antiquated sales model
    Training was bad. Just managers telling you about their greatest deals.
    Turnover- can't build relationships with team because people leave or get fired.
    Funding approval seems arbitrary at times... some deals get funded, some dont.
    Senior Management like to look and sound like big dogs in the industry, but balk at huge deals.
    Too much Farragamo, and Gucci.
    Sales people are cattle
    The positive reviews you will read are mostly from people NOT on the sales floor. Marketing, docs, and credit all love their jobs.

Advice to Management

Update your sales model. Just because it worked in the late 90's, doesnt mean it will work now. Train your employees better. Give people time to get better. Help people succeed.

Feb 4, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you for your honest feedback. Best of luck in the future.

10. "Know what you're getting into"

Former Employee - Senior National Account Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Senior National Account Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Onset Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of free swag, great work culture, good semi-annual training

Cons

High work output with little to no reward, everyone is calling the same leads, focus is more on quantity of dials versus quality. Job is on the line even if you are producing. Extremely high turnover

Jan 3, 2019 – VP of Marketing and Public Relations

Thank you so much for your honest review. We definitely pride ourselves on great corporate culture, the coolest swag and incredible semi-annual training. We are sorry you left with a bad taste in... More