OpFocus Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at OpFocus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to work with exciting technologies and a dedicated team. Really good culture set by example from the top down. Great career advancement with emphasis on constant learning.

Cons

Fast growing companies have to get that balance of growth and resources just right, so often times you will be working very hard. Only a con if you aren't a worker...

Advice to Management

Keep that focus on people and accomplishment

"Look below the surface"

I worked at OpFocus (More than a year)

Pros

A friendly and eager team, good location and inviting space.

Cons

As you read these reviews ask yourself why they might be so polarizing? (overcompensating for all the negative reviews). Ultimately their core values are at odds with management's asset or liability approach to HR.

If you can survive the aggressive and unrelenting project management style, maybe your colleagues will help you out. Just don’t expect your supervisor to provide guidance.

Recent grads are frequently told that a career at Opfocus is a "real world MBA”. If that is your aspiration then there are many more imaginative companies that will ultimately have a more positive affect on your resume.

Although their office is bright and inviting, it is surreally quiet.

Management will likely respond with a list of stats and brag about audacious events and trips. It looks fun in the photos but highly restrictive.

Advice to Management

Live up to those core values and pause before dismissing perspectives that do not neatly fit with your own dated biases.

3. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at OpFocus (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to advance your career. You learn so much by working with so many different clients, as they all have different needs. Great culture but does not always filter down. Cool perks like traveling for company meetings to cool places.

Cons

Management is terrible. All they care about is themselves and making more money. OpFocus is a classic churn and burn model. They will bring in young people right out of school and throw them to the wolves for minimal pay. A couple will strive in this environment but they are not aware of how much they are under paid. They work you to the bone for minimal pay with the promise of big bonuses that are nearly unattainable. Management will sell you out to clients and never taking responsibility for not providing their employees with the proper training. My advice to people looking to work there - Work there for a year, use them to gain knowledge about the different software (Salesforce/Marketing Automation) and get your certifications. Then go find another company to work for - where you will end up getting a big bump in pay.

OpFocus Response

Apr 20, 2016 – President

We are appreciative of all feedback, and sincerely work toward providing rewarding work experiences for all team members. We wish you success in your future career!

A few notes:
    - OpFocus... More

4. "Incredible opportunity for career growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at OpFocus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OpFocus has provided me with the opportunity to own and grow my career. They hired me for a role with unlimited potential. One thing I'm especially grateful for is the honesty and transparency of the leadership team. During my interviewed they laid out the strengths and weaknesses of the company, and are following up with their commitment to improve and grow in the marketplace. Great culture, office and benefits. CEO and leadership are approachable and open to ideas. I would recommend this company to my professional network.

Cons

I feel like there is a lot of pressure to maintain the "PC" work environment, but that comes with only the best intentions.

Advice to Management

During the interview process, candidates take a personality test. I feel that those results are sometimes weighed to heavily.

5. "Business Operations Consultant"

I worked at OpFocus full-time

Pros

Pushes you beyond your limits. Forces to learn aggressively and quickly. Great coworkers that are experiencing the same challenges as you are.

Cons

Poor management. Lack of responsibility for performances. Not enough employees with management or even higher education. Unrealistic project delivery to clients. Long hours not worth pay.

Advice to Management

Create more project teams, encourage education besides certs. Hire new management with experience, education and mentorship.

OpFocus Response

Apr 20, 2016 – President

Thank you for sharing your experience- I regret not helping you more to feel successful as a consultant. We wish you all the best.

To go along with our continuous internal training and the week... More

6. "Great place to advance your career and expand your network."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at OpFocus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working as a consultant is an amazing experience, personally & professionally. OpFocus gives you exposure to companies of all sizes in various verticals, and you are viewed as a trusted advisor. This is a great place for motivated young professionals who are both technically savvy & business savvy (you need to play both roles). OpFocus will pay for you to get certified in Salesforce & other platforms, there are semi-regular professional trainings, and fun company off-sites - Bermuda, White Mountains, Iceland, etc. The company embodies their core values more so than other companies I've worked at.
    Other Pros: Brand new office, free food, good benefits, macbook pros, intelligent colleagues

Cons

Workload can be heavy depending on number of projects, on the contrary workload can be slow at times as well. Onboarding / training is minimal so you must be a self starter.

Advice to Management

Foster more internal collaboration on projects.

7. "Looks great from the outside. But research intensively before joining."

Former Employee - Business Operations Consultant (Salesforce Consultant) in Burlington, MA

I worked at OpFocus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

team activities, challenging projects to work on, decent training for the next step in a career, firm has a good reputation

Cons

no clear path to success or measurement criteria for new hires, combined with micro-management, poor training plan/onboarding. Very heavy workload leads to burnout and turnover.

Advice to Management

consider a board of directors or management coaching, invest more in employee development and training

"Great place to work, learn, and grow - Business Analyst/Developer, 5+ years"

Former Employee - Force.com Developer in Burlington, MA

I worked at OpFocus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Founded and lead by David Carnes, who has trained Salesforce.com's own employees on the platform, OpFocus is a company full of talented, committed people. Helping companies of all sizes run their businesses better, I started out w/ 0 Sales & Marketing or Salesforce.com experience and was patiently & skillfully mentored to 4 Salesforce certifications and a wealth of experience as the company evolved and grew (which it continues to do today.)

The company culture is fantastic; yes, completed projects and satisfied customers are necessary, but work/life balance is a high priority as is continuous learning and a positive work environment.

Regular company off-sites are fantastic for learning, reconnecting (several employees work remotely) and relaxing - (alas, I left before the international off-sites began.) Vacation/Time-off policies are generous, and the daily atmosphere of the office is focused, but relaxed.

Travel, in my experience, was infrequent - typically an onsite meeting (up to a couple of days) for a project kickoff, but the majority of the work is done in the office (or at home during business hours, for those offsite or waylaid by weather)

Cons

Salesforce.com continues to be an ever-evolving platform, and getting and maintaining those certifications can be daunting. The variety of projects actually helps in this respect, but the overhead of the consulting life, while necessary, can wear.

Nervous kowtowing and obeisance to the CEO is a complete fiction, btw - never happens.

9. "Great company, full of great people to work with"

Former Employee - Force.com Developer in Burlington, MA

I worked at OpFocus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked full-time remotely but never felt left out. OpFocus did a great job to connect the employees together. Everybody was very talented and friendly.
    The career training was excellent. I started off with a zero knowledge in Salesforce.com and a very little programming
    but with all the supports from the management level, I earned 5 Salesforce.com certification including Developer.
    I also got a paid 3-week sabbatical on my 5th anniversary at OpFocus and they really made sure that I didn't have to worry about my work during that time.

Cons

The workload was unsteady. There could be a period of slow time and a period of very intense workload, so you have to be ready for that.

10. "OpFocus was a great environment to work in"

Former Employee - St Business Operations Consultant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - St Business Operations Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at OpFocus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will have the opportunity to work with some very intelligent and motivated individuals at the company, both on an intellectual and business standpoint. Every day I learned something new and others were always open to sharing industry related news or open to answering questions. I always felt as if my voice was heard and was often encouraged to speak up. The office offers a warm, friendly, and tight knit environment from management down to the junior consultants. Salesforce.com is constantly evolving and adding new capabilities, so you'll have the ability to learn new technical abilities and broaden your skills and weaknesses in a client-facing role. Also, working for a smaller company, you are able to take on many roles, wear different hats (sales, marketing, consulting, etc.) and plan your career progression around your interests.

Cons

During slower periods/transitions it can feel difficult to hit yearly utilization goals. You must be proactive in finding work and keeping active. Client-facing roles are not for everyone - be prepared to deal with difficult individuals.. they're out there unfortunately