Orlans Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alison Orlans

Pros
  • Because of that, I was given a flexible schedule, great benefits, and had countless, fun and memorable moments (in 5 reviews)

• The main item would have to be the work life balance I am afforded (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely NO accountability (in 3 reviews)

• Most employee complaints seem to revolve around a non-competitive pay scale (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Orlans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Orlans for about a year and a half, and have enjoyed my time here. In my personal experience, the atmosphere here is very laid back and relaxed. It's easy to come in and do your job without somebody hovering over your shoulder or micromanaging you (which makes it a much easier work day). The company is always striving to better themselves when it comes to their processes and culture, and even has committees that are open to all employees to join and give their feedback and ideas on how to improve different aspects of the company. They try to show appreciation for the employees in many way, including once a month bagel days, spirit weeks, and other small things throughout the year to give back to the employees. I had never worked in an office atmosphere before, which was not an issue when I was hired. I'm glad I came to work here, and would definitely recommend this company to anybody. Most teams are very flexible with schedules, and understand if you need to come in late or change your schedule due to personal conflicts. For a new employee, the PTO that is offered is high compared to a lot of other companies.

Cons

I don't see many "cons" to working here. I think that the only thing would be that when you first start, you get thrown into your job pretty quickly. We are a very busy company, and training is somewhat rushed. However, if you can be quick on your feet and be comfortable with asking questions, that should not be a big problem.

2. "Vendor Coordinator"

Current Employee - Vebdor Coordinator in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Vebdor Coordinator in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Excellent work environment the people are motivated and happy to help you with any questions you may have about your daily task and job functions.

2. The people are very professional and you can tell that everyone is committed and motivated to providing the highest level of service that they provide.

3. It's a fairly young company that hasn’t reached its maxim potential of growth yet, therefore the room for growth and possible advancement within the company is pretty great.

4. The CEO of the company is very hands on and isn't apprehensive about engaging the fellow employees. She also does a great job at motivating everyone towards a common company goal

Cons

1.You have to be patient for openings to post within company some take a while.

2. Depending what time you start the parking is not gravy, you might have to do a little walking but that's healthy for you :)

Advice to Management

1. Please consider having more team buildings. Its a good way to get to know and understand fellow employees and their different communication styles.

2. Have meetings to iron out the process sooner than later. This could save us a ton when it comes to errors and time sensitive things that we handle on a day to day basis.

3. "I'm Here to Stay"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

eTitle, an Orlans company, has been very good to me. They have provided me support for my ideas, training for my limitations, and a work family I look forward to seeing every day. They invest in their employees through formal and informal training, a solid reward system, employee activities, opportunities to be involved in community service, and structured coaching.

I feel appreciated by eTitle and the leaders of the Orlans Group and I'm here to stay.

Cons

A "con" is just a negative way of looking at a potential "Pro." It's in the eyes of the beholder. I have none.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and acknowledge that every team member matters.

4. "Love my Job"

Current Employee - Legal Processor in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company has a big heart for its clients, its employees, and the community. They strive continually to improve customer service by working at simplifying communication and processes. They do a lot of things to create a happy, healthy environment for its employees. They hold Weight Watcher meetings weekly, at the office, for any employee that wishes to join and they assist with the cost. They provide additional training for us that we can use in all aspects of our life, not just for them. They have a Committee of several employees called "Good Deeds Committee"; in which they hold fundraisers every month for different local charities; and they get involved in volunteer work within the community. I have been with the company for many years and have worked very hard for them. They see you and they notice a dedicated employee. On a personal level, I was going through an extremely tough time and they stepped up and assisted me because they value me and are just "good people". I really love my job and the people I work with. My opinion is; Orlans is a great place to work.

Cons

I can't think of any "Cons" other than the drive to work...ugh...

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more involved with the processes they manage. I am blessed with a Manager who does get involved. I have worked with others in the past that do not support or get involved with their teams. Sr. Management needs to be more present.

5. "IT Management"

Current Employee - IT Management in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - IT Management in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I have been with the company, I have felt welcomed by all. It is very satisfying to know that your ideas and thoughts are heard by the executive team and business and then are implemented. Its amazing to see the work that we are doing in IT to help the business improve.

Orlans is an amazing company to work for. I would recommend Orlans to anyone that is looking for a new career.

Cons

Currently I don't have any cons

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Accounting in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Accounting in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are several items I truly appreciate working for this company. The main item would have to be the work life balance I am afforded. As a parent with 3 small children in daycare, it is not uncommon for me to need to leave work early to pick up a sick child. This has never been an issue. There is true flex time, and the understanding of the family life outside of work.
    Second on the list would be the ability to rise within your job/department. During my three years with this company, I have had the opportunity to work under some great leaders. All who have taken the extra effort to teach me skills not only for my current position, but skills that will benefit my career as a whole. I have witnessed first hand that this company will promote from within and go the extra mile to keep employees they recognize as a value.
    Third, the work - always something new to learn. The opportunity to cross train is very prevalent. Most days are different then the last, making sure things remain interesting.

Cons

Employee turnover can seem high at times, although it has decreased in the last few years.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to make it the best company to work for. There have been vast improvements in just a few years.

"Poor Communication Creates Turnover"

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at Orlans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Healthcare benefits, social environment, the store downstairs, access to many restaurants, independent work, team environment, not afraid to speak about company issues that affected my work, felt safe

Cons

Expensive healthcare for a family as the pay is little, not paid enough, wanting overtime too much, expect you to pick up the slack when others leave, they don't replace those who left, supervisors who truly listen to your issues aren't able to get anything solved at the management level, over working people for little pay, NO COMMUNICATION among supervisors and management, supervisors do not help their own team, tiny raises, paying new employees the same rate as the people who have been there for years, watching the two supervisors in my area fight in front of everyone

Advice to Management

Try harder to get issues through to management, be transparent about company issues, let your team in and communicate with them! Pay people more money!! It's ridiculous how little Orlans pays...no wonder why people leave all the time.

Orlans Response

Feb 10, 2017 – Manager of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience working at Orlans. We truly pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive benefits package for employees. More importantly, we're always looking ... More

8. "If zero were an option I'd chose that"

Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Orlans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck that is somewhat decent.

Cons

I agree with both the reviews. You get little to no training and then constant reprimands and warnines from a manager who should be flipping burgers. DON'T WORK HERE UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE. Turnover is very high here.

Advice to Management

Start over from scratch and learn how to treat employees. Without them, you are nothing.

9. "Intern Review"

Former Employee - Intern in Davison, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Davison, MI

I worked at Orlans (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a very fun company to work with. They take good care of their employees and have many events that allow workers to relax a little bit so they can be more productive with the rest of their time. They keep employees, in general, pretty happy.

Cons

They can be a rather unorganized company at times, especially on the technical side. There are many practices that could be implemented to make it a generally more functional environment.

10. "It will do for now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Orlans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty Good benefits and work-life balance

Cons

Below average pay. Promotions are rarely performance-based.

Advice to Management

Too many high paid executives that do not understand the business