P2i Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
P2i CEO Carl Francis
Carl Francis

1. "Nanotechnology"

Pros

Friendly staff working at HQ and abroad

Cons

Staff turnover was quite high

2. "Good but could do better"

Former Employee - Research and Development Scientist in Abingdon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Research and Development Scientist in Abingdon, England (UK)

I worked at P2i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were absolutely great there. After getting rid of some of the more toxic managers we were just left with the good people.

Cons

Was disappointed with how little the sales people actually knew about the technology. They would promise things to clients that were not possible then we in R&D would have to try and make the impossible, possible. Of course it being impossible more often than not we failed and we had a pissed off customer. If the sales people knew even a little bit more these problems wouldn't have happened.

Advice to Management

Teach the sales people more about the technology. Especially the CEO, I once heard him say "I don't want to know how it works and its limitations, it helps me sell it better." which I thought was a bit short sighted. Then again he is the CEO of a pretty successful company and I'm and R&D scientist so there's always that...

"Good company to work for but little or no security due to a rapid growth."

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Oxford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Research Scientist in Oxford, England (UK)

I worked at P2i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People and the atmosphere make P2i a unique place to work at.
    Exciting fast-pace company with hi-tech technology and lots of intelligent and well-qualified personnel.
    Excellent marketing.
    Flexibility, freedom to explore.

Cons

Little or no job security due to a rapid growth which does not always pay off - headcount.
    Strange management decisions which consequently resulted with the redundancy and few resignations.
    No pension scheme.

Advice to Management

Get the decisions right and take the company to the next level by taking it a bit slower.
    Strategic planning with back-up plans could bring some sustainability to the company.

5. "Very Positive but ultimately very unprofessional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Pros

Rapid growth, exciting technology and great marketing.

The senior team are all very committed and were happy to listen and feedback to all levels of staff.

Cons

Lower than expected wages, requirements to wait in line for promotions or feedback. Very little movement of staff between groups to gain experiences and communication between groups is purely on a social level. The cons are far less important than the pros

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. More openness and communication is always beneficial.
    The remuneration package is poor, and the wage does not make up for this. Certain managers are hard to work for however this has been mostly addressed.
    The promotion of staff on merit would be preferable to the queue system, some kind of competitive open resourcing system would not fit the company ethos but would be fairer.