PC Laptops Reviews | Glassdoor

PC Laptops Reviews

Updated Nov 26, 2019

4.1
PC Laptops CEO Dan Young (no image)
Dan Young
Pros
  • "Always a positive work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "I don’t know how many companies that you will get to have the chance to talk to the CEO and get support and advice and the couching from Dan Young(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "You make your own paycheck"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orem, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

lots of money and opportunity . lots of good advice from our CEO and leadership. get rewarded for your hard work

Cons

none for me just have a good attitude

Advice to Management

keep being awesome

PC Laptops2019-11-05

"Hardcore sales"

Current Employee - Sales Guy in Sandy, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

Spiffs and compensation can be very lucrative. Dan tells us to drink water and eat right! District managers are helpful with training. Stores are generally fun and the techs are really great! Closed Sundays.

Cons

You get 2 weeks of vacation, available 1 year after you start. Expensive family health insurance. No 401k Salary would be great if you weren't pressured to work 45-60 hours a week. The fallback salary becomes minimum wage, a very manipulative compensation technique.

Advice to Management

Employees can throw a rock and get a high paying job with solid benefits. Consider that AMIGOS!

PC Laptops2019-11-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "You Determine Your Own Growth"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As somebody who started at the bottom as a technician who worked their way up to an executive position within 2 years, I can attest to the opportunities for growth and advancement at PC Laptops. You will be advance into leadership roles if you work hard, continually strive to push the company forward, effectively communicate your desire for growth and show leadership qualities through your actions. The CEO and Owner..., Dan Young, was always available to me as a coach during my employment at PC Laptops, and continues to be a great friend and mentor to this present day, years after my employment at the company has ended.

Cons

PC Laptops is not for the complacent. The business is built around the concept of continual improvement. If you wish to avoid friendly competition and constant constructive criticism, this may not be the best fit for you.

PC Laptops2019-10-22
  5. "Computer Building"

Current Employee - Computer Technician in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, fun people to work with, good work environment, hours are not overly demanding, managers/supervisors are willing to work with you when it comes to almost anything (hours, problems, schedule changing, etc.)

Cons

You need to be able to adapt and to work with others on problems. You can not make the same mistakes over and over even if they are small. There are slow seasons where people will often have little to do, which can hurt certain bonuses because they are based on your performance and efficiency.

PC Laptops2019-10-16
  6. "Amazing workplace amazing environment!"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Midvale, UT

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for PC Laptops has been an amazing experience, the company has taught me so much that I will never forget. PC Laptops is a family, they want to see you be successful and to live your best life! PC Laptops is by far one of the best places to work. They want to see you succeed, they want to teach you how to lead and to handle hard situations and to deliver with the highest quality to help individuals.... There environment is high paced and very energetic. Everyone has respect and high Taggerty and helps each other through any scenario. I don’t know how many companies that you will get to have the chance to talk to the CEO and get support and advice and the couching from Dan Young! If you are looking for opportunity to make money, be heard, and to grow and have a career if you are willing to boss up and take ownership and give everything you have to evolve and become a leader, this is the place for you. PC Laptops has changed my life and have provided the ability for me to perform and to provide for my family I am forever thankful and grateful and just can’t believe how far I came.

Cons

No Cons, The working environment is amazing!

Advice to Management

None. Everything for management is amazing!

PC Laptops2019-10-17

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time

Pros

I have worked here for many years in different positions. PC Laptops is a company that allows you to grow and show what you can do regardless of your resume. Wonderful culture and people you want to be around. Would recommend to anyone who likes a fast paced always changing environment.

Cons

if you are not an adaptive person I would not recommend this job.

PC Laptops2019-10-11

"A place with a lot of potential for growth."

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and a flexible work environment are among the top pros. I have felt that management allows me to take care of my family needs while balancing my work responsibilities. The culture here is definitely one that breeds comradely. I feel that most of the departments are tight but aren't exclusive enough that people feel left out. I have felt that the executive leadership, while human, genuinely... cares about people and truly wants to help employees succeed.

Cons

Negative attitude is detrimental to company culture and the company as a whole. There tends to be a focus on negative aspects rather than a focus on the successes. That causes a very low moral and can be an impact of the effort employees give. Sometimes changes are slow to be made. While a lot of people are open to listening and genuinely want to make changes, ideas for change are often dismissed in favor of... keeping with the ways things have always been done. While we are a small company, we don't offer a lot of the benefits and perks that other tech companies offer.

Advice to Management

With the workforce demographic evolving it is becoming harder to entice people to come and work for a company that doesn't evolve with the workforce and what people expect from companies. My recommendation would be to not only listen to what employees suggest, but be more open to change and to not default to remaining the same or doing things the same way because its easy. There is a lot of potential for... growth and we have a team of good individuals that have great ideas that will help the company grow and become a place where people look forward to coming in to work.

PC Laptops2019-10-11

"The business should be great, but Dan Young has ruined it."

Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You'll become good friends with the individuals in the stores.

Cons

Dan Young. He loves money. Nothing else. Goofy, immoral, misguided teaching regimen that he had us pound into the poor salesman, technicians that keep his company running was awful. If you are a good person and have any conscience what-so-ever DO NOT WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Get Dan Young out. His "coaching, ethics, overall view of the world is so messed up. I really feel bad for him. If you make him money, he will love you (temporary) if you don't. You won't stay employed long. He pushes you to sell $2500 desktops & laptops to the elderly, What elderly person needs a $2500 laptop? I'm so happy to be no longer working here. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. There... are much better options available, I promise.

PC Laptops2019-10-08

"Great company with huge potential held back by operations executive leadership"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing and talented employees who hold this company together and work very hard

Cons

I wouldn't get a job here until the warehouse oporations executive leadership changes. I don't want to be specific for privacy, but oporations executive leadership is a huge problem. When we make suggestions about our expensive inventory problems, operations executive leadership just blames everything on the owner and always talks about how stupid the owner is. I'd be very suspicious and worried if I was an owner,... just paying oporations executive leadership to bad mouth and degrade him. People have been very upset for many months by operations executiveleadership and we are on the verge of everyone quiting because of it. It feels like it's about to fall apart. If our oporations executive leadership left, the warehouse wouldn't miss a beat, in fact it would improve immediately. Our existing team and managers already do everything that our oporations executive leadership pretends to do. Our purchasing employees, one in particular, is already far more capable than the oporations executive leadership. Oporations executive leadership has a terrible reputation for speaking very badly about our owner to guests and companies that tour through the office. Operations executive leadership is responsible for ruining the reputation of the company on so many occasions but our owner has no idea because oporations executive leadership is good enough at lying to blind the owner. I know there are so many qualified warehouse and oporations people out there that we could hire to transform us into a huge growing profitable company but we are stuck with ours for now.

Advice to Management

I would keep a close eye on the oporations executive leadership

PC Laptops2019-10-09

"Store Sales Manager in charge of exceeding store goals for company and employee goals"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in West Jordan, UT

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, good management and friendly customers

Cons

Communication breakdown, goals are set unrealistic and are constantly changing to something that makes no sense and has very little communication.

Advice to Management

Keep things constant but in a steady pace of growth in the way of clear communication. Have a reason to promote people. More 1on1 reviews on employee performance and expectations. Give more recognition. Help those who are struggling more.

PC Laptops2019-02-07