PageGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The culture perpetuates a terrible work/life balance (in 89 reviews)

• Long hours compared to other industries and not too much intellectually stimulating work (in 167 reviews)

1. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people I have met in my life. I got a job here out of school and the knowledge and training I have received here is a fantastic foundation for anyone looking for a successful career in sales.

Cons

None that I can speak of, just come in with a mindset to make money and be active.

Advice to Management

Continue on with the training.

2. "Great Place to Start/Continue Your Career"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training and development is very hands on and gives every employee the chance to succeed. The management team here in Chicago really cares about every employee and the culture is definitely not sink or swim. Daily office trainings by management allow every employee to feel like they can ask for help when they need it. The bonus and incentive programs make it very lucrative to those who work hard and are willing to put the time in.

The Chicago office has events every month to create a team atmosphere and it definitely pays dividends as the office works very well together. This office is very close and welcomes new employees with open arms, as I was called by every person on my team after accepting my offer letter. The amount of PTO you receive allows you to work hard, play hard and enjoy life.

Cons

Not really a con but If you want the 9-5, start drinking at 4:30 this is definitely not the job for you. You work 8-6 but the compensation and PTO make it completely worth it to those who are willing to learn. However if you get your work done the management team is open and willing to let you leave early or come in a little late.

3. "Great Training, Horrible Culture, Bad Pay."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, I had been in sales for a few years before joining and it sharpened my sales skills and objections in ways no other companies could not. Not only is every product you sell different, you sure have to deal with a lot of overly cocky personalities that exist at Michael Page

Cons

It's very corporate. Dress corporate, nothing will change, your opinion will never really matter, you better like to drink a lot and kiss up to get further in your career. They promote the worst management and those who I admired usually left within a year. SUPER HIGH TURNOVER. I'd suggest this place for young fratty grads who don't mind playing the game vs being promoted by pure talent. You honestly don't make that much money either if you don't play the corporate game. Also be aware your revenue might go to other colleagues who don't bill.

Advice to Management

Promote good people. It's 2018, start being open to change. Stop encouraging fratty behavior, it's uncomfortable unless your under 25. Would never recommend a friend to work here, but would recommend a 21 year old just to learn some career skills.

4. "Excellent place to grow your career and make $$$"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After almost 3 years, 2 promotions, and the opportunity to build my own team in a new market I can confirm the decision to move to MP was the best of my career.

Pros include clear career progression, uncapped quarterly bonuses, excellent training and development, quarterly incentive trips, and a fun office culture.

Cons

Outside of the long hours that come with the job, none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep hiring standards high and bringing on people who fit the company culture.

5. "Recruiter"

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for top billers. Good training for new hires. Good opportunities for growth for successful recruiters.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality. Culture is money driven. High turnover among new hires.

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining new recruiters.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear promotion targets in early part of your career. Ex frat boys dream.

Cons

Total boys club, constantly demeaning women. Openly mocks “women at page.” Only 3 working mothers in the entire US and even married women are few and far between.

Advice to Management

It’s not the 80s stop promoting mirror images of yourselves and recognize the smart hardworking loyal people who benefit the firm

PageGroup Response

May 2, 2018 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

It’s unfortunate and interesting that you harbored these feelings while employed at PageGroup for over three years. We have extremely high standards in regard to how our employees conduct themselves... More

7. "Great foundation for a career"

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best training. Consummate professionals. Work hard/play hard. Team oriented. Michael Page was my first recruiting job. I transitioned to in house years ago and I still use what I learned at MPI every day. I work at a great company for great pay and I love my job. I don't think I would be here if it weren't for MPI.

Cons

They can be a little cultish. That can make it intimidating to resign. Also, I think they lay directors off once they get too expensive. Not sure. I have just seen some of their finest be let go. Once right before Christmas. I think he got hired back though. Also, my manager was horrible and i saw some other not great managers. Work/life balanced was horrible. Horrible. Over value drinking culture is a little ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Place to Build a Career"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Michael Page for just over 2 years and I can't say enough positive things about my time here. It is an excellent place to learn and cultivate a career in sales. The training offered is second to none and the support you receive from the management really helps in your development. The management is genuinely invested in the success of each employee and by following the road map they have put in place I have achieved a lot of success. I've been promoted twice and received some very hefty bonuses. Michael Page is a great place for a seasoned recruiter or someone just getting into sales!

Cons

This really isn't a con, but you have to be willing to work hard to be successful

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great track for quick advancement in sales. Good training program. Black and white promotional time tables. Solid vacation

Cons

Micromanagement. Unprofessional leadership. No work-life balance. Poor culture. People who are managers don't have actual expertise in the spaces that they recruit for. Not "consultative," really a turn and burn place.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your best sales people.

10. "Fun place"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gives you the skills to build a career
    good base and decent commission...overall comp is much higher in commission only environment
    a fun time for a job in your your 20s work hard and page hard
    Enjoyed trips to cabo, london, ny, etc.

Cons

technology and work life balance were behind the times

Advice to Management

be more flexible and encouraging. Less with the stick more with the carrot

Showing 700 of 1,087 reviews