PageGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham

Pros
Cons
  • Not ideal if you care about work life balance (in 69 reviews)

• Long hours but that is typically expected of the position (in 133 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Training, Great Progression Options"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have number worked in recruitment before and after meeting Michael Page I was convinced to that this was a role I could not over look. Once I began the training was excellent, the support from colleagues and Management / Directors was incredible. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly and would always help you when you needed it.

As I have developed in the role hard work pays off. Promotion targets are clear and once you hit these you are prompted and the next target is put in front of you. All of the senior directors, senior management and even the CEO started as a recruitment consultant, evidencing this.

The culture is great, not only do you work hard but you play hard too. Achievements are always celebrated properly and you are always congratulated when you do well.

Their is no other recruitment company I would work for, I would always recommend to a friend and my advice would be to stick at it as your rewards will come as I have witnessed first hand.

Cons

- Long hours
    - Recruitment can be very up and down. Having a strong can do attitude is vital

Advice to Management

Page Group as an environment is a great place to work. All levels of management interact with all disciplines of the business, which as a new employee is refreshing to see. My Director has been really supportive since day 1 which has been vital having not been from a recruitment environment before - keep it up!!

2. "Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Stamford, CT

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about the job is that you get a very entrepreneurial experience with help if you need it. You're able to get guidance, but for the most part can schedule your day as you want, and do the job as if you were your own boss. If you work hard you can get promoted very quickly as you have black and white targets which guarantee promotion. There is absolutely a lot of money to be made if you're successful.

Cons

Like any sales job it can be hot and cold at times. It's a very competitive and results oriented environment which isn't for everyone.

"Changes = New life!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started, Michael Page was a good place to work. Above average pay, 20 days vacation, and nice people to work with, even get bagels each week. Although I would love a better coffee machine, but there's a Starbucks in the building so it's ok. Recently though we have become a really great place to work. The higher ups at the company have clearly been looking at Chicago. The MD who oversaw the Boston office now looks over ours as well. He has a ton of experience and success with Page and is genuinely one of the nicest people in our business. I have been working with him for several months now and have grown tremendously as a recruiter. Now even more recently the company did something it almost never does (I think), they hired someone from outside of our company to be the director of our Chicago office. I assume this was a tough decision for them as we are very organically grown and now someone comes in to manage us all. The new Director worked at another firm in Chicago and recruited for different things, but it is obvious to me already why he was brought in. He clearly knows recruitment that isn't a question, but better yet the office already has an increased level of accountability and optimism. The managers push us more, and it just feels like we are really onto something special. (So far)

Michael Page in 2017 feels like a startup that just got an injection of VC money. Except our VC is a billion dollar machine called Page group in London.

The training was already excellent, I have been to NY twice for intensive trainings in less than a year and we have on the job training almost everyday.

Cons

We still wear a suit to work when most of our clients and candidates do not. I like dressing nice but we probably don't need to be this formal.

Advice to Management

Id love to hear more about the strategy for growth. What markets specifically and how will we make sure to grow but not limit anyone's opportunity.

"Great Pay, Great Training, lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never posted a review on glassdoor or yelp or anything, but Michael Page is worth it. The entry level pay is almost $50K which is more than any other recruitment firm I have seen, and there is uncapped earnings on top of that based on how well you do.

The training is phenomenal, so thorough, and the company is really moving in the right direction. Things weren't perfect before, and never will be, but there is a new MD and director for Chicago both of whom are smart, and caring. I can see myself working here for a long time, there is so much opportunity for growth in Chicago.

Cons

no cons, I want us to be bigger, and leadership seems really focused on this as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive changes, lets grow, we should outgrow this office ASAP!

"Michael Page Chicago"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management team wants to see everyone to succeed, there's genuinely a "one team, one dream" approach. I came to MP with zero recruitment agency experience, and zero sales experience for that matter, and found awesome success (and some great bonus checks) so I think that should tell you something about their training. You'll find a very genuine group of people here, all of which I'd call a friend. High level of professionalism, supportive of professional and personal goals. Diversity and inclusion goes without saying. The sky is the limit as far as opportunity goes, it's really what you make of it!

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a con, but this is definitely a job for someone who enjoys a challenge. The job itself is not difficult, however it requires an outgoing personality, resilience, and strong work ethic/organization skills. Those who have not succeeded in this role generally came to the conclusion that a career in sales is not for them. Regardless of company in this industry- when your making placements the job is great, when you're not, it's not so fun. The difference with Michael Page is that they will do everything in their power to help you succeed.

Advice to Management

Have learned from the best! Thanks for everything.

7. "Recruiting Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work! Amazing training.

Cons

None, very good work environment a ton of support and help!

Advice to Management

Very supportive

8. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training and great growth opportunities

Cons

Flexibility to work from home

"The Honest Truth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let me start off by saying that this job is NOT for everyone. If you want something easy, not stressful, slow paced this is NOT for you. If you are willing to make sacrifices, work really hard and are able to deal with criticism/rejection then this might be for you.

From day one they will train you with top management, after your first month they will send you off to NYC for a week long training and after your third placement you will once again go to NYC for another 3 days of training. They will give you all the resources you need to be successful however it is up to you to put it to good use. In regards to the Houston office, the current team in place is extremely willing to help and will give you as many pointers as needed.

Michael Page is well known for a great compensation package, we have 20 days of paid vacation from the get go and every additional year you are with the company will receive an extra day. If you are sick and can't come in for some reason, you have 5 days for that as well. You have a very fair base salary and the opportunity for unlimited bonus. 401K and insurance is also a standard. If you want to make a lot of money this is certainly a place where you can do so [as long as you work hard and get your job done].

I have been lucky to have a great leadership team while I have been here. A team that is very understanding and helpful. However, this also leads to a lot of expectations in regards to performance. If you are someone that craves competition and wants to exceed people's expectations while making plenty of money, this is the place for you.

Additionally, we are known for having Happy Hour's as long as the office is performing and quarterly bashes for quarters where we achieve our sales goals! We have dress down Friday's where we raise money for LLS. All in all, it is a fun place to work if you fit the culture.

Cons

In regards to trainings, you will get constructive criticism therefore if you aren't good with taking feedback and applying it this is probably not for you.

In regards to work hours, yes they are long days, yes you will get tired, yes you will wish that you could leave at 4PM but that isn't the way this job works. So if having a lot of flexibility in a schedule is important for you this isn't the right job.

If there are two words to describe this job they would be ROLLER COASTER. There are really good times and really bad times. This is a business where every day you have to start over and find new candidates and new clients. If you are not adaptable or can't keep up with selling a product [your candidates] that is ever changing then this is not the place for you.

This is not a HR job nor do we do this job to help people. This is a sales job in which typically the people that need help the most are not going to be the ones that you can help. If this feels morally wrong for you this is not the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep developing the individuals in the Houston office as their is plenty of potential.

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great first job right out of college. Lots of sales experience

Cons

There is not a lot of growth

11. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Compensation & Benefits Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Compensation & Benefits Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company has an amazing fun environment, full of young employees and result oriented. We worked with smart peers and well graduated. The job was pretty nice and well recognized. Great Culture, good benefits and compensation package.The impact of the company in the market is huge! We can make money!

Cons

We worked hard, most part of the time, I spent more than 50h/week on job. The merit was not clear and very suspicious.

Advice to Management

The management is more result oriented than people oriented. Many problems grows because this perspective.