PageGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The culture promotes a work hard/play hard mentality and those who exceed their goals & targets are rewarded (in 45 reviews)

• Michael Page is one of the best learning environments that I have worked in (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • not ideal for work-life balance (in 82 reviews)

• No one is making you work long hours except yourself (in 156 reviews)

1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We will never be a company that hires 100 people in a month and see who sticks. Each person we bring on, we hire with the intention to drive them to their highest potential with every opportunity within the business to move up quickly and make a lot of money on the way.

Our extensive training and constant support at every level is extremely important to our business which is why we have high expectations and can keep people accountable to having a high performing sales office.

Another huge plus is PageGroup has given me the opportunity to have a ton of amazing experiences and travel to: London, New York, Houston, San Diego, New Orleans, Bahamas, Nashville, Las Vegas, etc.

Cons

You need to work harder than you think to get to a point of consistency. Dedication to the business and the vision is key, the reward will follow.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive through performance and hold people accountable.

2. "A place to build your career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth is number one. Managers, Directors, MDs. Everyone is focused on how they can help our business grow and that means more opportunities for everyone.

We are treated like adults. It’s not about what minute you walk into the office or when you leave. We have metrics to hit and we need to hit them but it feels like we have a say in the strategy and how we should go about doing our jobs.

We have fun. Tons of incentives, trips and opportunities to feel great about doing well. Because we work hard so it’s nice to get recognized for that.

There are a lot of 25 year olds in the office making over 100k and that environment pushes me to work even harder.

In Chicago we have almost doubled in size this year. New people joining each month and far less of them leaving than other places I’ve worked. Should be getting a new office early next year to double our size again!

Cons

Recruitment can be hard. It’s a competitive space and deals aren’t always easy to come by

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Such great progress as a business this year.

Make sure to keep the culture as we grow. The managers spend a lot of time coaching and training everyone. Make sure there is still time for this with more people.

3. "Promotion Success!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to progress your career as a young adult, targets very clear and promotions are very attainable

Cons

all of the work you put in you get out which means a ton of success means a ton of work

Advice to Management

Keep growing your team with the right people!

4. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- In depth, ongoing training. I started here as a recent grad and it's incredible to look back to see how much I've grown. Michael Page has not only provided me the tools necessary to be successful in my career but also in life!
    - Clear and fair promotion plan that allows every single consultant to hit targets and move up within the organization.
    - Amazing people and culture. The team structure allows individuals to feel supported and makes every day so much more enjoyable.
    - Compensation (Being a salaried employee with an amazing bonus incentive). Let's be real; no one wants the stress of being pure commission. Because of the uncapped bonus structure, it's a win/win.
    - Having fun! Wether it's a creative business development competition or going out to a cool venue to celebrate a strong month...this company can't be beat when it comes to having a good time. There is never a dull moment as an MP employee.

Cons

If you want an "easy" job, this isn't for you. Every sales job is going to be stressful and being a recruiter comes with it's own challenges. If you want to grow, to learn and to be successful in your long term career...Michael Page could be what you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Continue to be positive, energetic and supportive!

5. "4 Stars because there is always room for improvement but this is a GREAT firm!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training & Development is world class in both sales and recruitment. Clear and transparent career progression. Uncapped earning potential. Plenty of guidance on how to be successful in our business. The only thing that holds people back from seeing the success that is preached is themselves. Very real opportunity to get an understanding of how job markets operate/fluctuate as opposed to getting stuck in a dead end job with no growth.

Cons

Hard work IF you consider that a con...This company is not for the faint of heart so I would not encourage this opportunity for those who are looking for a handout. We all put in work and we are not afraid of it either.

Advice to Management

Keep on top of the middle tier of management. Earning your title as manager doesn't mean that production stops. It should increase. That being said, there is a great group of driven individuals who will set up new consultants for success as we move into 2018.

6. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have bagels on Mondays.

Cons

No communication, no transparency, crazy hours, horrible salary, no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Fire managers and start over. Also, try to be more transparent with employees. Don't tell them they're doing an excellent job and then threaten to fire them.

PageGroup Response

Dec 11, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

It has been a record year in headcount and revenue growth in Chicago and this has allowed many people to take advantage of the career growth opportunities we offer, so it is disappointing to hear... More

7. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

clear promotional targets, fun work environment

Cons

high pressure, long work hours

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started my career at MPI in 2007, and have seen just about everything the market can do in that time. The highs, the lows, from a candidate-driven market to a market where we have to fight every day to pick up jobs. Throughout it all, the people at Michael Page (colleagues, managers, back office, etc) have remained some of the best people I know. The culture has only gotten better. You are trained, supported, and given every possible opportunity to succeed. Like a true meritocracy, this job is what you put into it, and there is no ceiling. As a female in the business, it was/is always apparent how much support we receive to make sure that we are just as successful as our male counterparts.

Cons

I don't see any cons. There are some things you need to be prepared for, or you will be setting yourself up for failure. The hours are long when you start out in the business, but as you learn more, things don't take nearly as much time. What it takes a new person 2 hours to do, it takes me 30 minutes - push yourself! Make no mistake, this is a sales environment, with competitive, driven, hungry employees. If you do not like sales, you will not like this job.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep striving to make us better. You're doing a great job because of your willingness to adapt and because you value your employees. Keep it up!

9. "Great for a career in sales!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are selective and hire very ambitious like-minded young professionals.

Cons

Directors have unrealistic demands nearly all of the time.

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, potential for a lot of $$, makes you feel self-important to wear a suit and work in a nice building

-A lot of drinking in the office and very social outside of office. Good for young people to mingle and meet new people, make friends

Cons

-Really bad management structure. Managers also have personal target, so it can create a conflict of interest and breeds an unhealthy competition.

-Not a lot of patience with training or ramp-up. They decide pretty quickly to let you go if you aren't producing.

-Long hours; expectation is from 8am-7pm everyday, and that you 'dont leave before your supervisor'

-KPIs are rooted in volume without any consideration to quality.

-Very unhealthy environment. One of the worst jobs and worst companies I've ever worked at.

Advice to Management

Take away manager targets and have them support the team
    Provide actual professional development opportunities
    Be a place that people want to work for, not just have their own individual compensation be the focus

PageGroup Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

There are challenges and pressures working in any sales environment and I appreciate this doesn't suit everyone. We try to identify people who will thrive in recruitment by undertaking a thorough... More