PageGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PageGroup Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a phone screen, they asked me to tell me about myself, your basic background interview questions. Then, after the interview the Talent Acquisition Specialist Zach sent me an assessment to assess my sales aptitude. After being successful with that, they scheduled me to come in to have an in person interview. I met with four directors and one manager. They all told me that my interview went well and that I aced the car salesman role play, and that they would be scheduling me to spend time on the desk with a rep, and then for a final interview with the head of North America. One week later, they called to tell me they wanted me to come in and spend time on the desk with the finance and accounting department, which is standard in a sales recruiting interview. Then, I was told I would be scheduled to have an interview with Richard who is the head of North America. They were not able to give me a date. About two days later, they called me back and I scheduled my final interview. One week after that, they asked me to come back into the office because they wanted me to spend time on the phone calling candidates. I found that to be very odd (working for them, using their systems to call candidates... while unpaid). By this time, I had been back to the Michael page office in Houston THREE times... spent my gas, my time, and my money. They Have no regard for time. The day before my final interview, literally less than 24 hours before – they called to tell me it was canceled. I will advise HR recruiters and hiring managers NOT to work with them. They will send you subpar candidates, and they will take candidates from jobs they are satisfied with and place them in jobs they are not happy with. During my interview, the manager told me that a big part of the job is being prepared to place candidates in positions that are not the best for them, so that the agency (MP) can get paid.

I felt like the process was very unethical.

Interview Questions

PageGroup Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

While there are several steps in our interview procedure, we do believe it is both a thorough and effective method. We bring candidates on the desk is to ensure they will be comfortable in the... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

After completing four interviews, I received an offer from Michael Page to work as a recruitment consultant. During the process, I informed Michael Page that I had also received an offer from their biggest competitor. Michael Page urged me to decline the competitor's offer and accept theirs instead. After accepting Michael Page's offer and declining the competitor's, Michael Page rescinded my offer.

Overall, shady business practices and poor communication amongst management. Interviewers beware, they will assure you that you're a great fit but they cannot be trusted.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

It’s basically a pre-screen, personality test, and then a bunch more interviews. Honestly I didn’t even pass the personality test part, which everyone should know that they look for the meanest and most backstabbing candidates because my results were that I’m hard working but care about people and love talking and that was “far from a fit”.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter. I went through a 15 minute phone screening then an all day interview at their office. It was a group interview, there was a group solving prompt we had to do, then impromptu speeches. After, if they liked you, you were called back that day and had a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. I did a role play during that time. They told us they would tell us one way or another on that Monday if we got the job. Then made us go through another interview even though they said that was the final step. Told us they would call us Friday one way or another and they never reached out to me.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was ok but very quick. I wish we had more time to discuss my experience. She booked another interview just 30 mins after mine. But it was ok I guess. Let’s see if they help me find a job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

I wasted my time with 3 interviews. The girl would never respond to any of my calls or emails.. after I interviewed 3 TIMES, she still never responded to my calls or emails. In fact, it’s been over a week since my last interview and I still haven’t heard back from her. Probably the worst recruiter I have ever worked with. I even got a voicemail bi accident from her saying “I’m so annoyed that girl didn’t go to dinner with us” like you are so unprofessional.Especially because I got a got with another recruiter/ company who was very responsive. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, AT LEAST WITH THE NEW YORK OFFICE.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. How would you handle this situation? Or what are your strengths?   Answer Question

Oct 11, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates and we have extensive customer service programs to gather and act on their feedback. All results are monitored... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (Lansing, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Shagun over the phone after she reached out to me on LinkedIn and she asks me General questions about me and my future goals as well as my knowledge about the company and as soon as she asked me what was my GPA I told her 3.5 since I have 3 A’s and a B and then she tried to argue with me about it telling me it’s not a 3.5 maybe a 3.0 and that she couldn’t move forward with me since the company requires a 3.2 that is considered discrimination against students based upon GPA smh. That was very unprofessional and misleading since she clearly informed me about a interview session on October 20th at the downtown location and then turn around and deny me of an offer that is crazy. She even pretended to be happy for me about my grades and graduation next year in May. This Recruiter is fake and discriminatory.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? Tell me about yourself. What are your goals? Tell me about your experience. What kind of company is Michael Page? What are you hoping to gain for your future career?   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2017 – Steve White, Senior Managing Director - Canada, Boston, Chicago

It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our candidates and clients and we have extensive customer service programs to gather and act on their feedback. All results are monitored... More

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online web site like Indeed and was contacted by an HR rep, we had a phone interview and she told me the job was actually for recruitment, which was fine with me. The phone interview was pretty quick and simple, then we set up an in-person interview. That interview was about an hour and a half. It was probably the hardest interview I've done but I'm so glad I did it because experiences like that help to prep you for more interviews and you always learn something. There were role-play sales scenarios, personal question, thought-provoking questions. It was definitely intense, but it made me a better interviewer. I went in without any sales experience so I wasn't surprised I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It started as a pleasant process. After spending two hours there with multiple talent acquisition specialists, it seemed to have gone well. However, I never received a call back or email back even after sending follow up emails. Poor communication, I wouldn't have minded a "no", but no response is too unprofessional.

Interview Questions

PageGroup Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

I’m sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with our recruitment process. While we try to provide feedback to every candidate who we interview, due to the high volume of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete bait and switch process. I applied and phone screened for one position, but when I arrived for the in-person interview, I was interviewed for an entirely different position that was a lower level with a lower salary. The original position was never even mentioned. Very unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Questions

PageGroup Response

Oct 11, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America