PageGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PageGroup Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend posted that her company was hiring and I sent her my application. Immediately she called me and we spoke and she asked me to get to NYC as soon as possible for an interview. I was working at the time, but she insisted that being punctual would help my chances, so I had to skip my part-time job for the trip. I arrived, interviewed first with an associate recruiter, then with a director and manager at the same time, and they asked me to return the next day. I arranged a time much earlier than when my train was leaving. The next day I came in for the interview and was kept waiting for an hour in an interview room before someone came to see me. I spoke with the manager from the day before, her department boss, another director in her department, and then a seemingly random other employee. I waited about 15 minutes between each person coming in. In each interview section, they essentially asked me the same questions. Some of them were very kind to me, as if on my "side", while others were very harsh on me, almost playing the bad guy. I ended up missing my train home. It was a good experience for a first interview, as it was pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone can handle New York. Why do you want to live here and how will you succeed here?   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the election that's going on? (completely inappropriate for the setting)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

Prepare to be analyzed. Even yelled at/called stupid for bring nice. If you only care about money and ripping people off from 8am-7pm with discretionary bonuses this place is for you.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After completing an initial online personality assessment, I was brought in for a 2-day interview process that included individual interviews, role playing, meeting the team, sitting in on a candidate call and finally a Skype interview with the MD.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I was looking for a transparent company that is consistently looking to grow together, but also exercises a culture of accountability. Michael Page seemed to embody that. The impression I got throughout the process was that the Chicago office is growing fast and they need hard working individuals (regardless of experience) to bring in and capitalize on this opportunity. Each consultant and manager I met was genuine, sincere, and above all else, driven. The interview questions themselves were challenging and they really put me on the spot, but I enjoyed it because it demonstrates that they truly care who they bring into the company and who they entrust as an ambassador of Michael Page.

And finally, what sealed the deal for me was meeting the Managing Director based in Boston. He was genuine and a smart individual who expressed that the growth in Chicago, and within Michael Page itself, is immense. This 1 hour meeting/ interview was more than enough to demonstrate his leadership qualities and motivate me work for this company.

To conclude, I couldn't have been more excited when they offered me a position and I am ecstatic to start working. Was the interview process tough? Absolutely. But is it worth challenging yourself to receive an opportunity at Michael Page? 100% yes!

Interview Questions

• What is your previous sales experience and state your performance metrics? (Revenue gained, clients added, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The PageGroup interview process is extremely lengthy and thorough. It consists of 4-5 rounds, and progression is determined by passing the previous round. I was told that it is unlikely for most candidates to make it past the first round. i am currently awaiting the 5th and final round.
    Breakdown:
    Round 1- Phone screen by internal recruiter and online assessment.
    Round 2- In person interview with Manager and Senior Manager.
    Round 3- 3 role play scenarios (sell a car, sell a house, sell Michael Page) with 2 managers.
    Round 4- In person interview with Executive Director.
    Round 5- In person interview with Managing Director.

I am currently awaiting the final round.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Recruiting?

Why do you want to work in Recruiting?

Tell me about your day to day at your previous job?

What do you know about Michael Page?
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Jen reached out to me to discuss a position she had not only for her client, but also within Michael Page. She was super friendly and very knowledgeable of her client and we spoke about my experience overall and what I was looking for.

She asked me to come in and meet with her and other teammates at their office in Chicago. Jen is defiantly a fresh of breath air in the agency world! She takes a real interest in her candidates . I have 4 years of recruiting experience, and it was very refreshing to see someone who takes pride in their work as I do.

Even tho it didnt work out with Michael Page since I decided i wanted to get more into account management and on the client side, Jen did a fantastic job keeping me in the loop during the interview process with her client and giving me great encouragement.

I HIGHLY recommend Jen if you come across Michael Page and want to work with an amazing recruiter and staffing sales guru. She's been with MP for awhile now, and knows her stuff. She is the person that will help you find your next dream job! :)

Interview Questions

• past experience
      compensation
      expectations
      past job duties
      work environments
      references
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional and odd interviews I've ever had.

I interviewed at the Houston office where i was there for almost 5 hours talking to every single person that was working in the office for no reason. The random role playing questions were impossible and once i got them wrong I was pretty much made to feel like and idiot.

A few days later I had an interview with the regional director upi n NJ or NY. The entire facetime consisted of him talking to someone else in his office and never once looking up. He asked unprofessional questions like if my Dad was alive, why with only a year of recruiting did I even apply to his company, if i was single.... the list goes on. He then argued me about my resume that i had sent in because he was looking at SOMEONE ELSES. He refused to understand and it ended up being an argument over his wrong doing. Literally one of the rudest men i've ever spoken to.

Had i gotten an offer i would have declined it in a heart beat.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a balloon shop and don't have black balloons and cannot get them ANYWHERE no matter what. Someone comes in to ask you for 100 black balloons.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Phone call, online assessment, in person, and a skype with the MD. Was very thorough, but also respectful of my time as I was working somewhere else during the process. You meet a lot of the senior people and get to experience the feel of the office. Overall seems like the company really cares about the people they bring in.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous sales results, wanted to understand my strategy for bringing in new clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I receive a phone call from a recruiter thanking me for my interest in the position. My interview was an unsolicited phone interview. I realized after I hung up with her, that I did not apply for the position. I believe that I received the phone call only because I looked at her LinkedIn Account and the interviewer wanted to be a social engineer.

Interview Questions

• What was my commission schedule? I gave her my answer that it was based on sales. The interviewer wanted me to break it down for her.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Curricular stage.
    First interview with manager, second one with partner.
    Both focues on CV analysis and some question abous professional and university past experiences.
    No wage, internship lenght six months.

Choose another offer

Regional Sales Manager - Building Materials Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with the recruiter who was clearly unprepared and unprofessional. She didn't know anymore about the position than what was in the job advert and seemed irritated that I was asking basic questions about the company and the job, none of which she could answer. I was interested in the opportunity but after talking to the "recruiter" I was totally turned off and declined her invitation to come to her office and meet in person.