Partners In Building, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Partners In Building, LP Reviews

Updated Nov 18, 2019

3.3
Partners In Building, LP CEO John Bily (no image)
John Bily
  1. "If you show up for the company, they will show up for you."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Partners In Building, LP full-time

Pros

I have worked in two areas of the company and have had a very positive experience under both sets of management teams. The company takes time to ensure ongoing training and attention to employee's needs are met. The overall culture of the company is driven not only toward making sure the clients are happy, but also that the employees serving them have everything they need (physically and emotionally) to best serve... them. It is clear that the owner makes work/life balance a focus and I have never felt that I was held to unrealistic expectation, which can often be the case in this industry.

Cons

Clients can be unrealistic on many fronts-not unusual for this line of work. Management is very supportive and helps navigate the situation and steps in when/if necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and employee support. It goes so far and helps us continue to want to show up and continually do right by you and the company.

Partners In Building, LP2019-11-19
  2. "Micromanagement"

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Partners In Building, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus potential, custom options offered to clients makes each home unique

Cons

High pressure accompanied with micromanagement , limited trade base handicaps new hires from running desired production. Offering custom changes to clients is encouraged to boost profit margins but no consideration for added build time given as a result.

Advice to Management

Let experienced builders do the job they were hired to do.

Partners In Building, LP2019-08-22

"Could love working for this company, but culture and policy make any kind of job security, enjoyment, etc nonexistent."

Current Employee - Builder

I have been working at Partners In Building, LP full-time

Pros

Most all employees are professional, competent, and nice. The homes we build are good / not great quality. If you are fortunate enough to be in an area with a knowledgeable, professional manager you can enjoy the job and hard work is recognized.

Cons

Very cliquish. The company says we build custom homes. Not the case, it is semi-custom. If you are not fortunate and placed in an area with a manager who is self conscious / over inflated ego because of their limited knowledge or experience (less than your own), expect to be miserable/possibly runoff. Area Managers are promoted to the position primarily based on their tenure. Don't presume that they are... there because of their experience, or management ability. Some areas cover for weaker employees by the manager (friends perk, brown nose perk etc). If your not part of the clique, watch your back. SHOCKINGLY there are certain trades who are untouchable. Things like poor quality work, working to their own schedule not one you set, etc are ignored. If you confront that trade for whatever legitimate reason, expect nothing to change but do except a (less than friendly) call from your manager. If you voice your problems or concerns to upper management or owner, you will be ignored or not responded to, possibly more!

Advice to Management

Makes no difference, they won't listen. Many (not all) of these cons and others are condoned, initiated, from top down.

Partners In Building, LP2016-02-23
  4. "Sales"

I have been working at Partners In Building, LP

Pros

Good opportunity to earn a very competitive salary. It is fun to help buyers design a custom home. Management supports the team.

Cons

Due to the time it takes to build a custom home, it takes a while to build a backlog of closings in order to have consistent pay.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The culture is the best I have seen in the home building industry. Continue to update the technical side of the business.

Partners In Building, LP2015-11-18
  5. "Great place to work"

I worked at Partners In Building, LP full-time

Pros

Interactive hands on leadership constantly looking for ways to evolve with the market. The project managers and area managers are always available to help and interact when needed with the buyers.

Cons

Aside from working weekends there are truly no cons to working with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Partners In Building, LP2015-07-10
  6. "Hostile Work Environment!!!"

I have been working at Partners In Building, LP

Pros

Company makes money in spite of itself

Cons

Pervasive systemic emotional and mental abuse. Many employees quit, are hospitalized, or take time off due to stress related illnesses.

Advice to Management

Figure out that how you treat people matters.

Partners In Building, LP2015-03-18