Paycation Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycation Reviews

Updated Oct 31, 2017

Found 16 reviews

3.5
Paycation CEO David Manning (no image)
David Manning
  1. "Awesome opportunity! Great tax and travel savings."

Current Freelancer - National Executive and Travel Ambassador in Allen, TX

I have been working at Paycation for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the knowledge I gained of the travel industry. I have learned how to sell more travel by taking advantage of affordable travel opportunities and sharing my experiences on social media. Through Facebook adversting, I was able to develop a customer based of 800+ likes, which sales over 1/2 Million on travel. Great opportunity! Save more money by becoming and entrepreneur.

Cons

The recruiting side of the business can be disappointing and discouraging, but not let it get you down. Some people will be afraid to take on something like this because of the idea of creating a business instead of working a job. Expose people to travel and eventually they will want to know why and how you travel so much.. The true con is “Time.” The Business works but you have to take time to take the travel... trainings, become an expert in the compensation plan, and understand the back office through and through. You can do that if just takes some time to apply yourself.

Advice to Management

Love the company. Keep the company innovative and competitive. Our company will thrive when people understand the need to expose our products to a mass audience through social media advertising synergistically with the TG app to gain leads. More favorable leads through venting and proper exposure. Also leadership culture should be implemented from the top down by ensuring softskills are maintained and developed... as leaders develop into more passive lifestyles.

Paycation2017-11-01
  2. "Referring Travel Consultant"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Paycation for more than a year

Pros

Great vacations,benefits,friendly...great people to work for

Cons

part time to start and you must build your base

Paycation2017-09-22

"Cost a lot of money. Very little support."

Current Employee - Home Business Owner in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential to make extra income but you must be truly dedicated and have the time to learn about the business.

Cons

Even though this is a home based business it still requires a lot of time

Paycation2017-02-28

"Not worth the time or money complete rip off......"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at Paycation part-time for more than a year

Pros

You have your own home base Business is the good outcome.

Cons

But the worst part is you have to make more than 600 dollars a year in order to use it for taxes... the trick to that is you are going to spend more then you make so before you even make 600 dollars because you pay 70 dollars a month which is 840 dollars a year and you won't make that in a year because people book trips in advance and you can't get paid till the trip is completely paid for so you will NEVEr get the... money is you spend paying the 70dollars a month fee.. it may sound real good when they are trying to get you to join but it's a complete trick for money.....and a big waste of time.....they basically use you to book trips and they keep the money....bad business

Advice to Management

Your fees are extremely to high and there are a lot of stipulations in order to get your money..... you guys are very cricket udercover.... I've been doing this for one year and have not made a dime, but have paid paycation 840 dollars and a lot of my time...

Paycation2017-03-08
  5. "You're going to pay a lot"

Current Freelancer - Collections Specialist in Willis, TX

I have been working at Paycation for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make money off bpoking your own trips and maybe even get a discount

Cons

They charge a initial fwe to join, a monthly fee, a fee to request your commission, they get a portion of your commission.......... you get what I'm saying? You're paying out your butt! You barely will get any money off a little vacation and then you'll have to pay to get your money!

Advice to Management

You need to take another look at how you do things. You're losing a lot of people.

Paycation2017-01-31

"Looking for other Travel Companies to work for"

Current Employee - RTA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Paycation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can make my own schedule I can work from anywhere Perks such as the members trips & discounts Vendors and trainings offered by vendors

Cons

We get paid commissions via an Electronic wallet (Ewallet), and I hate it. We have to pay $5 to request money from the Ewallet. Why isn't there an option to have commissions deposited in my bank account or deposited to a prepaid card. It takes 90-120 days after the booking to receive commissions. Expect to get paid 4 months later It is a hassle to receive my commissions having to wait 3-4 months but $69 is taken... from my account faithfully every single month to maintain the website.

Paycation2016-12-16
  7. "Executive Level Travel Agent"

in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Paycation

Pros

Solid training given. Excellent support staff. Huge number of vendors to utilize. Excellent compensation plan. This is a COMMISSION based business so if you don't put any effort into it you will get nothing in return. I have been with them for 2 years and have concentrated more on the travel agent side and made decent money part time. The training has helped me maximize my money. As I learn more I find my business... growing more.

Cons

Initial training is easy; however, you must continue to execute vendor training if you want to make real money. For some paying a maintenance fee seems bad but that is the cost of doing business.

Advice to Management

You have a great product and an even better system. Xstream university is a big improvement.

Paycation2016-09-27

"Paycation Pays"

I have been working at Paycation

Pros

Home Business, Travel benefits, Unlimited Income Potential, Tax Write Offs

Cons

Connecting with people who understand and have enough discipline to learn new skills to be successful in our industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with integrity.

Paycation2016-08-25
  9. "Love to book Travel!"

Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Paycation for more than a year

Pros

I can make my own hours for Paycation Travel and make good commission on booking trips for people! I also help my team of agents learn about the business.

Cons

It is only commission, which means I don't have consistent work. Now a days, not everyone uses a travel agent to help them book their travel needs.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice for the management. My team leaders have planned a very useful training site to help new agents succeed.

Paycation2016-06-14

"Travel agent"

Certified Travel Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Paycation

Pros

Make your own hours Independent No tax wtite under 500.00 Must of owed business for a year Disvount trips

Cons

Paid 59.99 each month only got paid when my clients completed trip. This a rip off never made more than 100.00 in months. Paid out more in fees and website. Training was a joke online. Every you had to pay 10.00 to go to why? The only way to many money is to sign other fools up. You get more discounts on hotels.com or Expedia. The real money was in cruises.

Advice to Management

Don't try to get me to stay within the company if your going to bail and join plan net another starter company that was started by the same president and he left paycation to start that comany. Don't do it save your money,

Paycation2016-06-16