Pella Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2020

4.3
Pros
  • "Growing company that knows what their challenges are but always trying to find a balance between customer satisfaction and employee work life balance(in 31 reviews)

• "Great working environment, great people to work with, great benefits(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "The super long hours also really hinder having a life outside of work(in 11 reviews)

• "Work life balance can lean more towards work, but the payoffs can be great(in 9 reviews)

1. "Good values"

Current Employee - Production Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pella full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture Family activities Community involved Development opportunity Strong upper management

Cons

Competitive salary Accountability Speed and agility in decision making and implementation

June 24, 2020Pella Team

Hello! We’re glad you’re part of the Pella team and thank you for sharing your feedback! We value our continuous improvement culture, so we welcome new ideas on how to improve. We complete an annual competitive market analysis to help ensure our team members receive competitive pay and benefits. We would appreciate hearing any additional thoughts you might have — you can email us at employerbrand@pella.com.

2. "Great Company full of good people and great culture!"

Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at Pella full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer a great benefits/compensation package as well as flexibility. The people and culture are great. A true work family.

Cons

As with any company, change can be slow. However, the current CEO is driving business growth and doing a great job with encouraging quick movement.

June 4, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback and support as we strive toward continuous improvement. We’re happy to have you as part of the Pella team!

"Good Place to Work. There is a lot to learn."

4.0
    Current Employee - Trade Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pella full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, you work out if your home and make your own schedule. The initial training is helpful but you end up learning what you need to know from your co-workers and when you’re out in the field. Very little management oversight - you are expected to be a sales professional.

Cons

You and your fellow sales reps are all in basically the same territory because there are not definitive boundaries and there is usually a lot of driving involved. You are not only competing with competitors, but also your own teammates for accounts and it can be difficult when your teammates have worked with Pella upwards of 5-10 years.

June 11, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and efforts serving our customers daily. We're proud to provide our sales team with flexibility and marketing support. If you’d like to follow up, please contact us at employerbrand@pella.com.

4. "Corporate Changes"

Former Employee - Segment Business Manager in Pella, IA

I worked at Pella full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interaction amongst peers was great.

Cons

Top Sales Leadership plays favorites - once on her list you do not come off of it.

June 30, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thanks for your feedback and for your efforts during your time with Pella. We believe people form the foundation of our success, and we expect our leaders to empower all our team members and support them to be successful. If you'd like to follow up, please contact us at employerbrand@pella.com.

5. "Great place to work - Great culture - Excellent Products!"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Pella full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Last standing window manufacture with a true family oriented culture that can also provide a broad range of products that allow you to serve the market!

Cons

If you are looking for a small, agile business environment this might be a challenging environment - very process oriented culture.

May 22, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thanks so much for sharing your experience! Our people, caring culture and commitment to continuous improvement and innovation are what set us apart. We’re grateful you’re part of the Pella team!

6. "New Management destroyed this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Pella full-time for more than a year

Pros

Earning potential and not much else

Cons

Bad management, constant compensation changes and never for the better took our company cars away that were essential.

7. "Maintenance Technician"

2.0
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Gresham, OR

I have been working at Pella full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun people to work for

Cons

Don’t disagree with management they will find a way to fire you

June 25, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience — it’s certainly not what we’d expect from our team. We're known for our caring culture and high standards of conduct, guided by the Six Pillars of Character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. We expect our team to have integrity in all that we do. If you'd like to provide more specific feedback, please email us at employerbrand@pella.com.

8. "Its a gamble"

1.0
    Former Employee - Operator

I worked at Pella full-time

Pros

Friendly co workers, nice vending service

Cons

Have employees working with no rotation screaming to hit a timer button while they paid kids to stand around and watch. Ive seen lazy people luck out with simple batch jobs on no timer for great pay and there was people who have great work ethics get stuck with no rotations for weeks on jobs that were tantalizing. And as far as management reviews on here they are a joke, they all have it made in the shade and they NEVER do anything wrong. They didn't even have to lift a finger if someone was struggling, and they couldn't do anything but watch because they didn't even know how to build a window. Got IN THE WAY for the most part. It was to the point where I was pulling frames out of the machine and bouncing them off the ground dragging them across the floor possibly damaging welds and that was okay to management as long as nobody else had to help lift them.

June 25, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience because we value and expect a collaborative work environment. We expect our leaders to demonstrate care and concern for others, as well as commitment and accountability. If you're willing to share more specific feedback, email us at employerbrand@pella.com.

"..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Pella full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work there.

Cons

Lead Quality, No Gas Reimbursement, Constant Price Increases, Confirming appointment process, Compensation.

April 3, 2020Writer & Editor

Hello, thank you for your feedback; we're sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your experience at Pella. We value empowering our sales reps and supporting them to be successful with warm leads. We also know the tools and support required to succeed in sales are critical, and we’d like to learn more about your experience. If you’re willing to provide feedback, email us at employerbrand@pella.com.

10. "Great"

Current Employee - Framer

I have been working at Pella full-time

Pros

Good to work for. Reasonable. Enjoy to work for

Cons

Not necessarily for someone who is afraid of heights

February 19, 2020Pella Team

Hello, thanks for your review and congratulations on recently joining the Pella team!

Found 448 reviews