Pella Reviews

Updated May 1, 2021

4.2
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is better than any organization I've worked for(in 41 reviews)

• "Lots of really great people that you are surrounded by every day(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Factory schedule is not as flexible and can be long hours(in 17 reviews)

• "Some roles take more effort to maintain a work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Engaging place to work for engineers with a company that is rapidly growing

Nov 6, 2020 - Process Engineer in Murray, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The best thing about Pella is the culture. The leadership team in my opinion really takes on a servant leadership mentality. -great colleagues -engaging and diverse work -rapidly growing/stable company -profit sharing and AIP bonuses

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful

Pella Team

Hello, thanks for your review. Caring is at the heart of our culture and is part of what makes us unique. Our leaders live Pella values daily through servant leadership. As our company continues to grow, more opportunities are created for career development and sharing financial success with team members.

2. 5.0

Good company

Apr 30, 2021 - Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support career growth and care about people

Cons

Prefer not to add 5 words for cons

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Decent

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Not a bad job but you’re there to work. If you don’t like keeping busy and working at a fast pace, not the job for you.

Cons

Drama, promoting people less deserving than you, brown Noser’s get promoted. Leadership could be better. Almost everyone is out to get you. Stand behind you with a stopwatch making sure you hit takt time.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work with excellent benefits

Apr 30, 2021 - Senior Warehouse Operative in Pella, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, plenty of hours

Cons

Hard work, frequent mandatory overtime

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

In need of new ownership

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are cordial with each other

Cons

Compensation and advancement are limited due to senior management and shareholders without requisite shareholder focus. This leads to poor strategy, capital allocation, suboptimal profits and growth.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Truly a great place to work!

Apr 6, 2021 - Human Resources in Pella, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Pella you are trusted to do your work. I have flexibility to make decisions and get the job done. I work with a great team of HR professionals. And the pay and benefits are excellent.

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours, but I don't know of a company that doesn't have long hours from time to time.

Pella Team

Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback. At Pella Corporation, we believe people form the foundation of our success and are our greatest differentiator. We believe that every team member has talent and growth potential and we trust them to get the job done. Additionally, we share in our success with our team members in many ways, one of which is through our total rewards program that includes compensation, bonus programs, retirement benefits, medical premium cost-sharing, and more.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Terrible place to work

Apr 24, 2021 - Utility Technician in Pella, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It pays ok. The people I worked with were great.

Cons

Hours are to unpredictable. Management thinks it is a privilege for you to work there, so treat you like crap. HR is all about the company and your input doesn’t matter. You always run short handed. Right in the middle of the recession they took away a break saying they were following industry standards, no one else screws over their employees like that!

8. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 14, 2021 - Specialist Recruiter in Gettysburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits package -Good Payrate -Stable hours -Great work environment

Cons

- Don't feel that Pella has a downside.

Pella Team

Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback. At Pella, we offer a total rewards program that includes compensation, bonus programs, retirement benefits, medical premium cost-sharing, and more. It’s designed to attract, retain, and reward our team members for their hard work and dedication. Thanks for being part of the Pella team!

9. 3.0

You're on an island

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Formal Corporate Training, lots of resources (but have fun trying to access them)

Cons

Management treats you as expendable, lack of leadership, management and department leadership don't care about your input on anything, culture is all about; 'what have you done today to add to the bottom line?' Everyone from top to bottom is in it for themselves - no teamwork or collaboration

10. 5.0

Sales

Apr 5, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Training and a professional environment

Cons

Lots of Work to handle daily

Pella Team

Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback. At Pella Corporation, we believe that development and career planning is for everyone and necessary for reaching one’s highest potential. Our team members are the foundation of our success. Thanks for being part of the Pella team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 601 Reviews