People Incorporated (MN) Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Feel Appreciated!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People Incorporated has great respect for their employees. They recognize that I am an individual, and are interested in my professional goals. When I disclosed to them that I would like to move on from my current role working with clients, my supervisor advocated for a new team lead role that had never been tried before. That role was created to fit my needs, and I am still happily employed.

Cons

Since they are a non-profit organization, the pay is not fantastic, especially for an emotionally taxing career. This is not out of the ordinary for social service work at any organization.

Advice to Management

Really amazing! Keep it up! The only thing that may be helpful would be to increase PTO and create sick days that are not taken out of PTO.

Feb 8, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the fantastic review and the thoughtful input. You will be happy to know that we are reviewing our PTO plan for 2016. We added one floating holiday to our benefits package to move in... More

2. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It feels good to help those in need, and their benefits weren't too bad. They tried to make things fun for the employees because it was a stressful job at times.

Cons

High turnover rate, very unorganized(like most non-profits), sometimes there was little to no guidance on how to do something. Worst of all was how two-faced people were and how political everything was.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and for your service to our clients. We appreciate that the clients were a rewarding aspect of the position for you! We have implemented an employee satisfaction survey in... More

3. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

getting out and helping those in need, the benefits package was good, they did try to make things fun because it was a stressful job at times.

Cons

uniform policies didn't make sense, favoritism, a LOT of politics, two face people. and VERY unorganized.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the comment regarding the benefits package! There are several reviews on Glassdoor now that have positively mentioned our benefits. In 2016 we made great... More

4. "Leaving was the best thing for my mental health"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people with mental health needs, various locations to with potentially.

Cons

Company states "work life balance" maybe for your management but others are excited to put in there time...

Advice to Management

Terminating someone in the midst of an FMLA claim is wrong on so many levels...

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. You have our best wishes for success in your future endeavors.

5. "Revolving door"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients, flexible hours, good training opportuniteis

Cons

Upper management does not care. They find any reason to get rid of staff who have been there for over 5 years. Happened 3 times in my division alone and from what i hear is continuing to happen

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Advocate for your staff and not just your clients. It has to be costing you a lot of money to replace and train in all the long term staff you are replacing.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. I very much appreciate the years that you spent with us and the support you provided to our clients. It is always a loss when a longer term employee leaves the agency... More

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed this job because it had a purpose and could be really rewarding when you saw clients succeed. There are a lot of great people who work in this industry.

Cons

Limited resources. Everyone burns out really quick and there was limited support from management. Management never took actions on concerns that staff had.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. They are working day in and day out with these clients. If the staff burn out the clients don't get the support they need as well.

Jun 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

All of our employees impact the care that our clients receive so I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your contribution. Staff burnout is a very real concern and we can always do a... More

"Huss Recovery"

Former Employee - LADC II in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - LADC II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime, some great coworkers, fabulous nursing staff.

Cons

Mismanaged schedules, lack of leadership,

Advice to Management

Make sure someone can type and knows how to do paperwork before you hire them and don't ask other employees to pic up the slack for your mistakes.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review and the appreciation of your colleagues. We do have excellent staff and the shout-out to the nurses is awesome! I regret that your experience at this program was not... More

"Housing Case Manager"

Former Employee - Housing & Homelessness Counselor in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Housing & Homelessness Counselor in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive services under one roof (housing, nursing, mental health, financial, emergency). Some nice people. New-ish admin building. Pay was average-to-good.

Cons

Work space for a direct line of service professional is bare bones - computers available, phone assigned, but otherwise nowhere of your own to go except your car. Work space was very run down, cheap. I was interviewed by someone wearing a dirty baseball cap, t-shirt and jeans.

Advice to Management

You upgraded YOUR administrative space. How about upgrading the rest for the people who are working with the people.

Jun 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Our Case Managers who specialize in housing do phenomenal work with clients. Thank you for your commitment to helping people who are experiencing homelessness. You are absolutely right that some of... More

9. "Amazing and rewarding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated (MN) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very client focused, but never forgets that the staff are the ones who make the day to day operations work. Decent starting wages, a lot of opportunity for training and advancement. Decent hours with a lot of available additional hours. Management is always open and willing to help.

Cons

Inconsistence in support and care between staff, minimal supervision over early training. Opportunity for full is left only to those with a significant amount of experience or specific job titles which aren't open to most. But nothing severe enough to diminish this company's awesome reputation!

Advice to Management

The work is really overwhelming when someone just starts, so just be there while they are training, otherwise keep up the amazing work?

"Good Company, Varied Management"

Current Employee - MHP in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - MHP in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall good company with strong mission. Nice facilities, good co-workers, great training, decent but not great pay in most positions. Good place for advancing your education, a lot of training and supervision opportunities. Nice place to try different things, a lot of staff will work in different programs over time.

Cons

Varied management. Some good managers but some not so good managers also. Like anywhere else really, but not as mad as a lot of places of this size. Some questions senior management practices, as one of them would take away my overtime worked without telling me 'because we don't pay overtime' and would make up a lot of her own rules about stuff. she is retiring soon though. just be careful.

Advice to Management

listen to your staff, don't punish staff if they have realistic limits. balance between paperwork required and time needed to do the work that is required to provide good quality of care for clients. Hire more diverse staffing. Many, if not most, programs hire all white staff but have very diverse cliental.

Feb 8, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your length of service and your input. When an employee of three years has concerns we have to listen and see what changes can be made. Should you have questions or concerns about a... More