People Incorporated (MN) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jill Wiedermann-West

1. "Medical Assistant"

Pros

Its a very supportive environment

Cons

things may be disorganized at times

2. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It feels good to help those in need, and their benefits weren't too bad. They tried to make things fun for the employees because it was a stressful job at times.

Cons

High turnover rate, very unorganized(like most non-profits), sometimes there was little to no guidance on how to do something. Worst of all was how two-faced people were and how political everything was.

3. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

getting out and helping those in need, the benefits package was good, they did try to make things fun because it was a stressful job at times.

Cons

uniform policies didn't make sense, favoritism, a LOT of politics, two face people. and VERY unorganized.

5. "Leaving was the best thing for my mental health"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people with mental health needs, various locations to with potentially.

Cons

Company states "work life balance" maybe for your management but others are excited to put in there time...

Advice to Management

Terminating someone in the midst of an FMLA claim is wrong on so many levels...

"Case Manager II"

Former Employee - Dual Case Manager
    Former Employee - Dual Case Manager

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clientele were great! Flexibility of the position allowed for creative approaches and resolve to situations that presented in the clients lives. Excellent training opportunities available online and in-person.

Cons

Tolerance of inappropriate topics/stories/profanity made the office environment uncomfortable and difficult to sustain a professional opportunity to converse with clients or providers without concern of what is being overheard. Management (at all levels) were not able/willing to take adequate steps to rectify the ongoing issues.

Advice to Management

Even in transition, consolidating power results typically in the forced ineptitude of actively apt supports. Being competent in the various elements of each position, or being willing to learn and implement understanding as there is development of competence can lead to trust, rapport, and a further awareness of the talents of the individuals on the team.

7. "Not so great of a expereance working for them."

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work was great and were on track to creating something that would have been very beneficial to the company. There were some of the management that understood what was needed for the best and most efficient way to build the system. This would be able to do the work output that was needed to improve the understanding of ways to get more benefit for work being done.

Cons

Hit job setup by co-worker and now I know that it wasn't the first time that this type of game was played. Co-worker acted as childish as would be expected from someone with no understanding of how the architecture and structural design of the environment was and how to connect to access information. This is the company's lose not my.

Advice to Management

Not my problem; there was very little managing or derection from derect management but there managers did understand what was needed.

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed this job because it had a purpose and could be really rewarding when you saw clients succeed. There are a lot of great people who work in this industry.

Cons

Limited resources. Everyone burns out really quick and there was limited support from management. Management never took actions on concerns that staff had.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. They are working day in and day out with these clients. If the staff burn out the clients don't get the support they need as well.

Jun 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

All of our employees impact the care that our clients receive so I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your contribution. Staff burnout is a very real concern and we can always do a ... More

"Huss Recovery"

Former Employee - LADC II in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - LADC II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime, some great coworkers, fabulous nursing staff.

Cons

Mismanaged schedules, lack of leadership,

Advice to Management

Make sure someone can type and knows how to do paperwork before you hire them and don't ask other employees to pic up the slack for your mistakes.

"Housing Case Manager"

Former Employee - Housing & Homelessness Counselor in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Housing & Homelessness Counselor in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at People Incorporated (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive services under one roof (housing, nursing, mental health, financial, emergency). Some nice people. New-ish admin building. Pay was average-to-good.

Cons

Work space for a direct line of service professional is bare bones - computers available, phone assigned, but otherwise nowhere of your own to go except your car. Work space was very run down, cheap. I was interviewed by someone wearing a dirty baseball cap, t-shirt and jeans.

Advice to Management

You upgraded YOUR administrative space. How about upgrading the rest for the people who are working with the people.

Jun 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Our Case Managers who specialize in housing do phenomenal work with clients. Thank you for your commitment to helping people who are experiencing homelessness. You are absolutely right that some of ... More

11. "Behavior Specialist"

Pros

Great team at Day Treatment, therapist are passionate about helping clients in need

Cons

Lack of support from management in training, budget needs, building repair and supervisor training and hiring.

Jun 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Our Day Treatment program works with fantastic kids and we do have a really passionate staff! This program is one that has definitely needed remodeling and upgrading. I ... More