PerfectServe Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
PerfectServe President & CEO Terry Edwards
Terry Edwards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company seems serious about work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, flexibility for those that earn it, lots of potential (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They make business decisions quickly and someone is gone before you can blink, and most of the time with little to no warning (in 3 reviews)

• I once respected upper management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Excellent Development Opportunities"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

I honestly have never worked anywhere else that has the development opportunities that PerfectServe offers. Long term employees have had the opportunity to move throughout the organization as they develop skills and expertise in a variety of areas. Many people have held 3-5 different roles during their tenure. All the while adding new knowledge, skills and abilities to their tool belt. It is truly exciting to see. PerfectServe also likes to promote from within so there are often opportunities to move into higher level roles or even leadership.

Cons

PerfectServe does such a great job developing people, that their talent b/c comes highly sought after and sometimes top talent leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I hated to leave but a relocation was required. Thank you for the opportunity and experiences you provided for me and my career while I was there.

Sep 6, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the kind feedback! As a young growing company, we strive to develop our employees and help them to be successful in their careers. Majority of our positions are filled by internal... More

"Helpcenter turned into a complete mess"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

Pay is great! Coworkers in the help center are great!

Cons

What was once an amazing company has turned into a complete fiasco. Executive management team that recently came in within the last two years have absolutely no idea how to manage a company like this. This product isn't like some easily maintained system that can handled by a tiny team or sent overseas to maintain. This is management of patient care. When you compromise the management of the help center you compromise patients and can cause lawsuit issues for your physicians and healthcare facilities. It's not a toy to play with to see how low you can get your bottom line. I was a long time employee that grew weary of the way the executive team treated the teams under them. They try to appease with parties, and food to distract their teams from seeing the big picture. They are slowly but surely cutting back staff to get that bottom line as low as they can. And if you think it's not a popularity contest within the office then you surely have blinders on. I once respected upper management. Now most of them don't even know what they're doing. They actually don't even know how to navigate the product at all or fix an issue should they need to. I've heard so many underhanded stories about things HR and upper management has done to the employees. It's turned into such a complete mess there.

Aug 30, 2017 – Director, Human Capital

At PerfectServe, we have a team of subject matter experts, project managers, product engineers, account managers, executive leadership and more that each play a different yet vital role in building... More

"Great product, executive disaster."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above-average pay for the area, many positions allow you to work from home when you need to.

Cons

This company is an absolute managerial disaster. A majority of the members of upper management and the Executive Team have either been promoted without the necessary skills to actually manage people and projects, or have been misled about their roles and authority when they've been brought in from other companies. The general consensus among good, solid employees who leave (15 or more in the last month) is that they've never had their expertise stripped so quickly by such a poisonous culture.

Aug 30, 2017 – Director, Human Capital

When employees are asked, "What do you love most about working at PerfectServe?" More often than not, the answer is the culture and the people. Employee referrals is our #1 resource for filling... More

4. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Sales in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with PerfectServe for a few years. It's amazing to me how the company has been able to transform and evolve as the market and technology has changed. The company is delivering on a new product strategy that positions it well for the future. I look forward to many more years of success.

Cons

Nothing major. Just normal adjustments that come with growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Stay focused on the strategy and keep recognizing the performance of your key people.

Apr 3, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and your 8 year loyalty to PerfectServe! We are proud to employ top talent and will continue striving to keep PerfectServe a great place to work. Our recently implemented... More

5. "Great people, product, and company"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--5th week on the job, loved it from Day 1
    --welcoming environment
    --genuine CEO
    --authentic people (lack of egotism, posturing, condescending behavior)
    --new compensation program awards top performers
    --company is investing in employees' growth and development
    --very open to change and improvement

Cons

We are close to finding the solution for this!!-->Currently too many systems instead of one solution (ascentis, timekeeper, clarity, rhythm, skype, teams, TinyPulse, performance)--currently time and productivity is lost navigating between all these systems

Advice to Management

--Invest in robust talent management/LMS system that unifies communication across the company, with a central company calendar that syncs with Outlook. This product becomes the ONE project management timeline aligning all divisions.

Mar 24, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you describe PerfectServe as a welcoming company with genuine CEO and authentic people and we are glad to have you on our team!

We are... More

"They are great people but need to not over promise."

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great Culture
    -Pay is good
    -promotions happened often for skilled workers.

Cons

Don't always followup on promises.

Mar 22, 2017 – Director, Human Capital

Thank you for your comment. Can you give some additional information on promises that went unfulfilled?

"Developer"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Things are looking up. All the Developers who thought they were the bomb have now left, time will tell but the teams are actually starting to gel. Work is starting to be enjoyable again

Cons

For a while the management team seemed fixated on going after the developers who thought they were those mythical 10x developer. Unfortunately those individuals where smart but extremely disruptive to any other member of a team and created a very volatile work environment.

There has been a lot of cultural differences between the Knoxville and Atlanta office. They approach to work are very different and that has created most every issue that frustrates me

Advice to Management

Keep looking for Developers who also are willing to work with others
    Focus on getting the offices to work together and don't take so long to weed out the people, no matter how talented you think they are, that are disruptive and while they may bring a lot of value they take away from every other member on a team who they don't deem worthy.

The change to letting them go is a great step

Mar 6, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback! We value our employees and strive to keep PerfectServe a great place to work. We will continue to encourage top-notch candidates to join our... More

"Technical"

Current Employee - Developer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Developer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible, Friendly, Caring environment that desires to deliver robust, reliable and safe communications in the medical industry

They have learned how to get two different culture of developers to work together, and have overcome the fast growth spurt. Now that things have calmed down and the rough spots polished things are looking much better. They have overcome the us vs them atmosphere and it is nice to see remote teams working well together.

Cons

The health benefits could be better and a good incentive program would be nice, The fast growth that happened a couple years ago when they expanded into Atlanta was very challenging and has taken time to work out the kinks and created a lot of disgruntled individuals. Not understanding the cultural difference between the developers in particular created a lot of issue and people left because of it.

Advice to Management

Create a viable incentive program that really gets people motivated

Mar 6, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We value your feedback and loyalty to PerfectServe! We love hearing our company described as flexible, friendly, and caring, and truly strive to keep it this way.

We also appreciate your... More

"Badly managed. No technical direction"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance.
    Flexible work from schedule in Alpharetta.

Cons

No technical leadership from "architects"
    The "architects" keep making the same mistakes repeatedly and wil not listen to more senior developers.
    Product Owners don't seek the advice of software developers when making decisions.

Advice to Management

Hire more competent technical leadership. You can only keep patching an outdated, badly architected system for so long. Faster more nimble competitors will keep out competing as long as you are not willing to listen to people based on ideas and not titles.

"Designer"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

Good people. Good market, necessary service/product.

Cons

no autonomy, micromanagement run amok, bottlenecks in senior leadership, lots of strategy switching.