PerfectServe Reviews | Glassdoor

PerfectServe President & CEO Terry Edwards
Terry Edwards

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Fun and friendly work environment, highly intelligent employees. Team building events, supporting co-workers. Oh, did I mention playing ping-pong during breaks? Nice office set up and competent management.

Cons

As of right now I don't see any cons. It is a great company to work for, I believe in the product we are producing.

"IT Specialist"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

Noble mission and some very smart people

Cons

No focus on internal processes to improve business efficiency

"It all depends"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

* Alpharetta office has a fantastic work-life balance re: work-from-home and flex hours
    * Some teams are really good
    * Depending on the project, the tech stack can be really state of the art
    * The trend of the company has been positive for as long as I've been there
    * I think this is a great stepping-stone (for a few years) to another company.

Cons

* Very non-Agile and process-heavy. Teams are perpetually operating in Kanban mode and trying to hammer it into Scrum methodology.
    * Your initial pay is your final pay
    * Titles are a complete joke. There are architects that aren't seniors, seniors that are juniors, mid-levels that are seniors, and seniors that are architects. It's like someone randomly tossed out titles then added one higher level to Knoxville and subtracted one from Alpharetta. This leads to my next con...
    * Alpharetta is clearly a second-class office to the headquarters. This is very common in the industry in my experience and not specific to PerfectServe.
    * C-level problems. Poor strategic vision - they are actually moving away from the cloud and intentionally not adopting some best-practices! H.R. determines salary and have no clue about market value (they aren't in I.T.) hence attrition from the most valuable employees.
    * Sales-driven development. This isn't run as a software company. Every company meeting is 90% about sales.
    * Some micro-management

Advice to Management

* Listen to the most competent and knowledgeable employees, not just from the original Knoxville employees.
    * Need a visionary at the C-level to adopt industry best practices. LEAD instead of delegate.
    * Enough with the estimates=commitments and the failed sprint mentality. Focus on business value.
    * Write down a roadmap and share it instead of the current need-to-know-basis

"Software Development"

Pros

Work life balance. Work from home for employees not in Knoxville.

Cons

Slow to innovate. No real CI/CD, automation of deployment process is non existent. Still doing manual releases. "Architects" are just in title only. Keep reinventing the wheel (configuration, licensing, logging, authentication, etc). Sales Driven Development, if sales can think it up, it will disrupt whatever you are working on.

Advice to Management

Listen to more than the two people with the Architect title. Learn what real security is about.

"Pretty Good Company"

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love what they stand for and their product, Pretty good working environment

Cons

No annual raises for hard working, boss micromanages

Advice to Management

Trust your employees

"Growing pains"

I worked at PerfectServe full-time

Pros

Great people, flexibility for those that earn it, lots of potential.

Cons

Grew a little too fast. Imagine an athlete who was 4ft one day and 6ft the next without adding any weight. Now your timing is off, your running faster but not efficiently which takes a toll on your body, and you look weird.

Advice to Management

Set the vision and trust the people to deliver without cracking a whip for focusing on things that don't matter.

8. "Senior Database Administrator/Architect"

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer/Database Administrator/Architect in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great time and challenging environment.

Cons

Sometimes Oncall can be heavy.

"Great People, Growth, and Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! Good benefits, fun culture. Being able to work for a company that is providing such an invaluable product that benefits EVERYONE, feels really great.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons. I wish they would stock a great variety of teas in the break rooms, but how can you complain about that when they do provide free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for all employees?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Don't let the fun, laid-back culture get lost in the growth process. Continue to promote from within.

"Change happens fast"

Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PerfectServe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly. Company seems serious about work-life balance. Company is growing. Communication from admin is decent. They share company pains and gains with employees. They appear to want to improve employee culture so they implemented new surveys, etc. to see what employees are thinking. It's a good place to work. I don't see a lot of petty infighting or over the top control freaks here.

Cons

They make business decisions quickly and someone is gone before you can blink, and most of the time with little to no warning. Although quick decisions are probably good in a highly competitive market, sometimes it just feels a bit scary. One never knows if you're the next 'redundancy'. Reorganization happens frequently. 3 bosses for my position within a year, others have had 6 changes or more in a year.
    Some of the questions on the survey are rather odd. "If you had to describe your company as an animal, what animal would it be and why?"

Advice to Management

None really.

"PerfectServe Is A Great Organization To Be Part Of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PerfectServe (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at PerfectServe for some time and I've been amazed at how the organization has continued an aggressive growth rate in a challenging healthcare industry. While the organization has certainly experienced growing pains, the company is full of good people focused on doing the right things. More importantly, the people at PerfectServe really care about their customers and helping clinicians provide the best care by making it easy for them to communicate with each other. PerfectServe does work that is meaningful and I'm proud to be part of the company.

Cons

As PerfectServe has grown, its culture has been transforming into one that is more performance based. I like this kind of environment because it focuses more on excellence. However, it has been a difficult transition for some people who are not as committed as the organization needs them to be.

Advice to Management

The management team has a good plan. My advice to them is to keep executing against that plan and adjusting as necessary.