Philadelphia Sign Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Mehmet

1. "Great Company/Didn't want to leave but moved out of state"

Pros

Great Environment/People
    Above Average Benefits
    Always looking for ways to grow and improve current processes
    Majority of employees have been there for 10+ years with the industries leading knowledge and experience.

Cons

This industry requires people who can work at a very fast pace and provide quality work in that short amount of time. Everything is based around meeting deadlines and customers expectations. If you are not organized and do not work well under pressure this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

It is not possible to please all employees but you are as close as a company could be. The extra time and effort management puts into employees and the business really shows!

2. "Small but comfortable."

I have been working at Philadelphia Sign full-time

Pros

At Philadelphia Sign Co. there is a very friendly working environment with easy going employees. Small office but with an open working space.

Cons

Some employees do seem to have some communication issues regarding how to properly communicate an idea across to other workers, without having to further explain what is to be done. But with a little extra communication the idea can come across with time.

3. "Current Employee"

I have been working at Philadelphia Sign full-time

Pros

Really good people who care about the right things. The new COO is doing a great job. They are listening to us to make the place even better

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. We are really busy and it is getting hot, but keep up the good work.

"Project manager"

Current Employee - Project Management
    Current Employee - Project Management

I have been working at Philadelphia Sign full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and they care about the average "joe". Hard work but good pay compared to other companies. Always a balancing act that works well for the employee and client.

Cons

I don't have any cons to write home about. I feel the company is always trying to move jobs around to meet the workload. It works!!!!

Advice to Management

Thank you for keeping the workforce during the slow periods. That doesn't go unnoticed.

6. "Small and not friendly"

Pros

A paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

too clicky and they dont see the value in looking at things differently.

Advice to Management

open your eyes it is 2015

"average manufacturing/assembly/fabrication sign shop"

Former Employee - Sign Maker in Palmyra, NJ
    Former Employee - Sign Maker in Palmyra, NJ

I worked at Philadelphia Sign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are very helpful, team oriented shop, if you worked hard you were happy there, jobs were made clear and detailed.

Cons

sometimes they take more work then they can get done on a predetermined timeline, need to handle some employees with out favoritism, some leadership abused their leadership skills

Advice to Management

listen to both sides of story and do not be judgmental

"So much potential wasted."

Pros

Could spend your life working for them, very unlikely to fire or lay you off if you are office personnel.

Cons

Good luck ever seeing a raise. Many employees have gone years without ever seeing a dime extra for their loyalty. Salary stays the same but insurance always goes up. It's family owned so your chance of advancement in the company is zero. Business casual attire for a sign company? Rules apply to some but not others. Absolutely no comaraderie. I agree with a previous poster. NEPOTISM.

Advice to Management

Spend some cash on your employees instead of yourselves.

"I love working for PSCO. The industry is a nice change of pace and the company is very capable."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmyra, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmyra, NJ

I have been working at Philadelphia Sign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My children had a blast at bring you child to work day last year. This is such a fun/intersting place an you can learn so much about the industry and how to succeed at life in general. I have learned so many skills that college did not. The management is very interactive with the employees. I have learned so much since I have started working here. Everyone was so helpful and informative. I can not remember the last time I have seen coworkers interact like this. Everyone succeeds together.

Cons

The industry is based on timelines. So you need to have good organizational skills to stay on top of your game.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing is working! Keep it up.

"I truly enjoy my job. This is a great place to work"

Pros

The pay is above average for our industry and it's a relaxed climate. Don't get me wrong, you are still required to get your work done but they are flexible with working around your life's schedules. Our clients love us because our service and quality of products are second to none. I've had several offers from other companies and there is no comparison. PSCO is an old family company for a reason. I know they're older than 100 years and that says a lot.

Cons

If I had anything to say as a con it would be asking my fellow employees to please invoice sooner. There isn't a system in place to be sure we all invoice on time. This hurts all employees as cash flow is important. I don't know why PSCO accepts month after month going by at a time without sending an invoice.

Advice to Management

Please set up a system where invoicing is more consistent. This would be my one and only advice. If you're reading this and you're saying to yourself that's me they're talking about, then please help fix the problem.

"Very satisfied with my experience at Philadelphia Sign"

I have been working at Philadelphia Sign full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, plenty of vacation/personal time, 401K, and casual office environment. If you come to work and do your job its pretty safe to say your job is secure even when the company workload slows down. The work itself is not always the most exciting, but the day goes by quickly, very personable coworkers, and the office turnover is very slow because employees rarely leave. Management must be doing something right....

Cons

I'm sure the problems I experience here are the same at many other companies.

Work is not consistent throughout the year. Company morale could always be better.