Pinger Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greg Woock

"Software Internship at Pinger"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Pinger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice pay, great people, sweet swag, Pinger fun days

Cons

There are no cons that I am aware of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Data Warehouse Intern"

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Data Warehouse Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pinger (Less than a year)

Pros

PInger's employees are so friendly and warm, and they felt like family. Everyone knows everybody, and they were very welcoming to us interns. Pinger also has great transparency when it comes to their work, and I like the honesty and integrity they promote in the workplace.

Cons

None at the moment; Pinger has been great.

3. "Great Place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great company to work in. Very friendly people. Family atmosphere.

Cons

I wish they had lunch, just kidding!!! nothing really

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pinger (More than a year)

Pros

You will love the environment, office, and friendliness of the people.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Director of Operations"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Pinger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people. Fun, intelligent, no politics, everyone working towards a common goal.
    Process. Very flat company inner workings. Everyone has an open channel for feedback in all aspects. Product feedback, technology suggestions, process ideas.
    The company. Solid products that make money, new out of the box products to be the "next big thing."

Cons

While I do not personally see this as a down side, it is a smaller company and as such everyone needs to have a bit more breadth in their knowledge, experience, and responsibilities, which isn't what everyone is looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

7. "CEO"

Current Employee - Dr Kevin Goates MD in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Dr Kevin Goates MD in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Pinger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment everyone gets along

Cons

I can honestly say that they do not have any bad issues they are prompt to get back with you if you have any issues

Advice to Management

I would stay creative leadership a step ahead of their competition they are one of the best in the industry I believe

8. "One of the best place to work........."

Former Employee - Software Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Intern in San Jose, CA

Pros

- You get a learn a lot
    - You opinion matters.... even though I was an intern
    - Managers are really cool....
    - Best Working environment ..... No pressure on you
    - So many parties.......... wow I miss pinger.....
    - Flexible working hours....

Cons

- There are no Cons which I can think of...... may be they need a bigger playing room :D

Advice to Management

You guys are awsomeeee...... I will be back again to work with you guysssss

"A fantastic experience working with some truly great people"

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pinger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Start-up culture without start-up stress and hours. Pinger is financially stable so the extra time and resources are available when you need to do the right thing (vs just getting it built and shipped fast).
    -Transparency. Pinger really makes sure everyone at every level can see what’s going on with the company. That’s everything from bi-weekly all hands to 1-on-1 lunches with the founders to the most honest “open door policy” I’ve ever experienced.
    -Feeling Heard. From my first day at Pinger my suggestions and recommendations on how to solve problems did not fall on deaf ears. Management honestly considered my ideas and put forth the attention and resources to implement or vet them.
    -Agile. With a fast iteration cycles there’s always new and interesting stuff to work on. There’s always a cool production on the horizon as well as improvements to existing products...it’s hard to be bored here!
    -Investment. The founders put in a lot of effort to making the office a fun, inviting place to work. Regular team and company outings (that are more stimulating than “let’s go get drunk at the bar”), great lunch options around the office, an inviting lunch room with enough room for everyone, a game room with Ping-pong, Shuffleboard, etc. There are also a bunch of opportunities I didn’t fully appreciate immediately like having the Mayor of San Jose do a Town Hall in the office, getting 4 volunteer days a year (which you’re actively encouraged to use!)

Cons

-Transparency has its costs; there are more meetings than I’m accustomed to.
    -Pinger has very smart, passionate people. In a lot of companies you can gloss over technical details when you’re not confident in a subject matter; at Pinger it’s not uncommon for a VP to read every piece of documentation and ask some really detailed question. If you don’t have passion it’ll be noticed.

"Best job I have EVER had!!!"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Pinger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a mother of 2 young boys (4 and 2.5) and ALL of management is very supportive of my choice to be a working mother
    All the BS isn't there which allows for a more productive and participate in an enjoyable work environment.
    Encouraged to bring ideas to the table and truly listened to
    I have never been in a work environment where I was not overloaded (doing the job of 2+). By having time it has allowed me to implement improvements that have helped during crunch time/driven efficiencies to better weather tight deadlines
    Very approachable and supportive boss who continues to allow me to grow and develop
    Team building and connectivity with the whole company is encouraged through Friday happy hours, summer picnic, quarterly outings
    Professional development and continued training is forefront for Pinger and evident in their lunch and learns, trainings performed by consultants, etc.
    By far the most laid back place I have worked. If I wanted could wear flip flops and jeans every day to work
    Was able to experience by first launch and launch party - very exciting time that yielded a top 4 in the store ranking
    Benefits are very generous compared to other places I have worked, paid parking, monthly stipend for using my husbands benefits - definitely cater to employees being happy through a stocked fridge, packed kitchen with snacks, beer on tap, etc.
    Diverse workplace where all different types of people, backgrounds, departments and ages are able to collaborate
    Low turnover - lot of early/single digit employees (even outside exec team) are still here
    Can easily point to 3+ employees who were given opportunities outside what they were hired for (Ex: Office manager who is now in QA)

Cons

Can't really think of any. Again the best job I have had in the past 10+ years since I graduated college. Wish I would have found my way here earlier in my career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You have been successful in making this a FABULOUS place to work!!

11. "Great company, Great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Pinger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is open and fun .. no politics.. no big company BS
    Strong team with good attitudes. Everybody wants to succeed
    Solid VC backers and funding
    Compelling product ideas
    Hot market space
    Small work force so there are opportunities to learn and build experience... what you'd expect at a startup
    Meritocracy

Cons

Startup with limited resources so not every good idea gets done
    Occasionally there are some bad hires, but eventually it gets sorted out
    Competitors are fierce (Facebook, Whatsapp, Apple iMessage, Line)