Piston Cloud Computing Reviews | Glassdoor

Piston Cloud Computing Reviews

5.0
Jim Morrisroe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IT Windows system n computer technician"

Former Employee - Support Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Support Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Piston Cloud Computing (More than a year)

Pros

I am writing to present my credentials for the position of IT ,Store Incharge ,Call center Repesentative / SUPPORT, a position for which I am exceptionally well qualified. I am confident that you will quickly realize my ability to make major contributions to your firm upon reviewing the enclosed resume

Cons

Presently i do not think a down time regarding working with you ,as you are the best service providers in canada.I do like to work with you.I expect a positive feed back

2. "Nothing else like it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Piston Cloud Computing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing and diverse team of professionals.

Cons

Not much support for working remote.

Advice to Management

Don't let Cisco screw it up.

"Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Piston Cloud Computing full-time

Pros

Smart people solving interesting problems in an amazing culture. Every day is challenging and exciting, and every employee has the opportunity to affect the direction of the company and the technology space as a whole.

Cons

Occasionally you have to go home and not be at work. Or BART strikes and you can't even get to work. Or the bourbon runs out (but there's a store around the corner).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You've built something fantastic and should be proud.

4. "Great People, Great Energy"

I worked at Piston Cloud Computing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is welcoming, friendly, and inclusive. The HR/Management does their best to make sure the employees' needs are accommodated, whether it be ergonomic desk set ups or specific lunch catering needs -- the employees' needs and preferences are #1.

There is also a great sense of team spirit -- even with remote employees, and all of the distinct teams (Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and Management) work together, share ideas, share meals, share jokes and go on outings together -- the efforts to decrease silo-ing have been really effective.

Leadership is transparent and friendly, staff is inclusive and witty, and Management is both accommodating and proactive -- really you can't ask for a better work environment.

Cons

Like all start-ups, depending on your title/department, there is some limitation in opportunities for upward movement. That being said, it's a small consideration, as the company is steadily growing and I witnessed several promotions in my short time there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Excellent place to work and collaborate with smart, creative and funny folks doing some serious change to the cloud"

I have been working at Piston Cloud Computing full-time

Pros

Snacks! Lunch! Retreats! OpenStack! Parties! Smarties! NASA! Juggling! Fancy Fridays! Equipment! Competitive salary!

Piston is committed to hiring the smartest, most excellent people to do their jobs and do those jobs like no one else is doing them. You will learn from your colleagues and always have the space to speak your mind, regardless of rank. You'll be surrounded by really cool people doing really cool things, and be actively making those really cool things happen in the world!

Cons

WageWorks cutting public-transit commuter benefits on the federal level by $100 *facepalm*

Advice to Management

Maintain the balance of +culture and +people with cool-headed poise and style, as always.