Plan-Net Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given a great amount of independence to accomplish goals. Management listens! Great company culture and coworkers.

Cons

Can be a massive workload but if your career is your focus then it's fine.

2. "Career growth at Plan-Net"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many Pros to working at Plan-Net, the support network with the company was great, the director level were open and approachable to staff.
    There were lots of company initiatives to make the working culture more enjoyable, some new and some legacy - The effort was there to create social events in and out of the office.
    Reward schemes were flexible and the managers could use discretion to reward their individual teams.
    The scope to learn and progress was the most notable Pro for myself, there was a lot of thought put into training and progressing staff from within the company, progress paths and specific train plans were created to aid this. There were quite a few promotions in my time at Plan-Net and all positive transitions for the individuals.
    If you are willing to learn and push yourself, then Plan-Net will be a very positive experience.

Cons

The office area has no scope to adapt much, therefore break areas are non existent which is a real shame. The restriction of the building being so old and listed means that open plan is not an option, the offices feel quite small in space because of this too.

Advice to Management

There aren't many proactive regular company updates as in a Town hall type meeting. I believe this will unify the company more.

"Pathetic company, and shocked to read over 30 'positive' reviews?!?!???"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen the positive and the negative comments about this company, it just leaves me dumbfounded that anyone could actually write something 'good' about Plan-Net;

Trying to rack my brains to see if there is anything good to say? The fact I am struggling to find anything to say almost means this is not a good thing.

I suppose it is in a good location perhaps?

Blackfriars is quite central and in the City/Square Mile.

As mentioned by several other reviewers, it is a reasonable springboard into the Law sector of IT.

Anything else? Nope

Cons

I must add, I have no idea who the person who has written about 30-35 positive reviews, one after another about this terrible company....is?

Is that actually a real reviewer?

Or an insider seemingly?

Because, to the rest of the public reading this...DO NOT believe such balony.

This is one bad company.

Period

Staff leave so fast, the turnover is ridiculous.

Something is very wrong when staff just don't want to stay, morale is so low.

The Management style is no better than a disciplinarian school. Honestly, you can take that as the truth. This review is here to help people see what it really is like.

I did everything well - met all my targets, and they counted for nothing. Any opportunity to career develop was just a lot of lies and deception - no-one is going anywhere here...not unless you are 'playing the game' in the Manager's circle of deception.

Advice to Management

I say this - companies like this cannot survive in the long run when Management treat people with contempt and mislead them that they are going anywhere career wise.....you will basically end up 'serving them for their higher purpose' and nothing more - you are not a valued staff member at all.

Anything you do slightly wrong will be met with a disciplinary or unfair treatment. Simple as that.

"Avoid this company - don't believe the reviewers who praise anything positive it's that poor"

Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Loughton, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Loughton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If there was any glimmer of positivity, it's that it's a useful springboard to the IT legal sector....that's about it though.

Cons

Where does one begin?

For starters FORGET your career....

Plan-Net set out to ruin it for you with a 3 month notice, which, perhaps, one could accept this if the company treats you well....

You are an absolute nobody and they won't remember you for excellent work believe me.

However, they will pull you up for the most pedantic and minor mistakes and you will find you have to meet hugely unrealistic targets and, failing them even marginally, you get threatened with disciplinaries for not "being perfect" and Management will start warning you to "literally be perfect"

They treat you like nobody but merely use you to further their own selfish and greedy desire to make as much money for themselves whilst treating you as an accessory to their means - worse still, they lie to your face about everything; they assume you are stupid because once you get into this dire company you are effectively their slave.

Disciplinaries and prison warden style management keeps you in check at all times, even for minor mistakes and pathetic reasons.....don't even care to follow HR or company appeal/grievance policy as it is entirely corrupt.

A warning to everyone reading this; you will have nothing but pain and misery and regret you worked for this u scrupulous company.

The company turnover is astronomically high and staff morale are at the 'bottom' of their list...people leave faster than they can join and you work for managers that don't know any IT skills technically and have no people skills.

Just atrocious - you would do well to believe this review as it is trying to warn you what you are letting yourself in for.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, treat them as humans and stop misleading people with nothing but lies.

Go get some people management course skills, change your arrogant, ruthless, selfish motive and greedy attitude to put contracts and money at the expense of happy staff and develop their careers; your company turnover is a joke.

5. "IT Service Desk Team"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good company
    - good salary
    - great team
    - very good management
    - big amount of good informations
    - true possibilities of upgrading your skills
    - true possibilities to raise your salaries and job title

Cons

None from me at the moment

Advice to Management

None at the moment

6. "Good place for I.T Support Beginners"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time

Pros

If your starting out on I.T helpdesk or desktop support, Plan-net is good at arranging you a site where they feel you can develop and improve your I.T skills. As Plan-net have a lot of different companies such as retailers, financial and legal companies etc, you get exposed to lots of different infrastructures, so you will get to discover which type of company suites you best.

Cons

I have been moved around 6 different sites in 2 years, either because the role in question was not what I expected, or the site support was only temporary until I was found a new permanent site. This is only down to the clients not stating specifically what the role involves in terms of support.

Advice to Management

Please ensure that the clients who are requesting for an onsite engineer, state specifically what the support engineer will be doing, plus the level of access the engineer will be given, as there have been sites where you are not allowed to do basic things such as creating user accounts or setting up company phones.

7. "Good Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to progress if you wish to take them.
    Allow you to be self sufficient, but have back up if needed when working on client sites.
    Senior management are approachable and they actively promote company social events.

Cons

You have to fund your own training for certs, but they pay for your exams upon passing. Not much different to most other places, but would be nice if they could invest a little in their staff.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing, maybe buy a smiley face for PC to wear at social events.

8. "Strong for development"

I worked at Plan-Net full-time

Pros

Whilst there are pros and cons of any company, having worked for Plan-Net in the last 2 years, I would have to say first and foremost that the greatest advantage is being able to develop, both personally and professionally, which I think is less pronounced elsewhere. One always is able to ask for greater responsibilities and tasks, which in turn lead to promotions. In my experience, promotions are, on the round, internal. Thus, if you're looking to build a career, I advocate Plan-Net without hesitation.
    Plan-Net events and socials always provide good fun and do allow you to meet others within the company. To this extent, I have always felt that they have made at least an effort to enhance the cohesion and culture of the place, which is difficult when many employees are working at various client sites. I would also note that, on occasion, the company has secured several high profile clients, which provide interesting experiences in themselves as well as being useful for networking and meeting new people in different companies.

Cons

Starting salaries can be poor. However, there is an ethos of getting out what you put in, so I would say going the extra mile really counts. If you're looking for a quick paycheck then you're probably better served elsewhere.
    Although I understand it is the nature of the job, shift work can be tough going. I would say, colleagues do make this more manageable, but that depends on your colleagues and how much of an effort you make with them.
    Another downside is that the company has never heard of sick pay! This caused me a number of problems in my second month when I was ill for two weeks.

Advice to Management

I would advocate making some contribution in the form of sick pay, other than that, I'm aware that management must be doing something right to keep the company performing and successful and continually attracting big names, notably in the law and financial sectors, especially in such a competitive market.

"Lovely!"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working in the Marketing team, at Plan-Net, during my Gap Year. My team was really friendly and supportive throughout my tenure. It was a pleasure meeting great individuals who will certainly go on to do great things in life. Escalia.

My manager, Jo, allowed me to flourish as an individual and improve my skills greatly. With her assistance, I was able to work on several key skills such as communication and matrix management. She was someone you could speak to easily and someone who was very motivating - ensuring you reach your potential.

I was also given the opportunity to work with other teams in the company. During my tenure, I worked very closely with the resourcing team. This is where I was able to use my leadership skills to allow the synergy between the two teams - marketing & resourcing. This was a rewardful experience.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time very much. Working a Plan-Net has allowed me to experience how a business runs. I was able to interact directly with the senior management team and build a rapport, truly boosting my confidence.

Cons

There wasn't a clear direction at the beginning but this was not the case after some minor business changes.

"if you love yourself, dont work for them!!!"

Pros

No pros except may be exposure to law firms applications

Cons

-No job stability
    -Long probation period
    -Long notice period in case you want to leave the company. There probably have done this to tie people down cos everyone there literally wants to leave. Please read your contract letter before you take on this trap
    -Low Morale caused by high staff turnover
    -Very poor environment, old toilet, old everything
    -No benefit apart from salary
    -Everyone is scared of loosing contract as a result one unhappy customer can cause you to loose your job
    -No proper training as against what they offered at the interview. long windy ''training'' without substance
    -No constructive feedback from top managers
    -and the list goes on but let me stop here for now

Advice to Management

Relearn and stop toiling with peoples careers/time!!!