Plan-Net Reviews | Glassdoor

Jerry Cave

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given a great amount of independence to accomplish goals. Management listens! Great company culture and coworkers.

Cons

Can be a massive workload but if your career is your focus then it's fine.

2. "Lovely!"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working in the Marketing team, at Plan-Net, during my Gap Year. My team was really friendly and supportive throughout my tenure. It was a pleasure meeting great individuals who will certainly go on to do great things in life. Escalia.

My manager, Jo, allowed me to flourish as an individual and improve my skills greatly. With her assistance, I was able to work on several key skills such as communication and matrix management. She was someone you could speak to easily and someone who was very motivating - ensuring you reach your potential.

I was also given the opportunity to work with other teams in the company. During my tenure, I worked very closely with the resourcing team. This is where I was able to use my leadership skills to allow the synergy between the two teams - marketing & resourcing. This was a rewardful experience.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time very much. Working a Plan-Net has allowed me to experience how a business runs. I was able to interact directly with the senior management team and build a rapport, truly boosting my confidence.

Cons

There wasn't a clear direction at the beginning but this was not the case after some minor business changes.

3. "Cool place to grow"

Former Employee - Internal IT Support in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Internal IT Support in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked there as the Internal IT Support for more than 7 years. Have had mostly ups and very few downs, but overall a very nice place to work. People are genuine and will help you if they can. If you are willing to be flexible and understanding, they will give you the experience you need to grow and move forward.

Cons

None as far as I know. You may be asked to do more than what your role entails, but you do not get to learn otherwise.

5. "Brilliant company"

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With Plan Net being the first company to work for, I cannot compare them against anyone else. However, having been employed by them as an apprentice, to then work for them full time for 2 years I have had no issues at all.
    The staff are extremely friendly and never had a bad word to say to them.
    Monthly reviews on performance were ALWAYS done.
    Staff always asked if I had any issues and if they could help in any way.

Cons

Nothing bad to say, felt welcomed by Plan-Net.

Advice to Management

As said above nothing bad to say. Excellent all round and very proud to have worked for them.

Plan-Net Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback - much appreciated. We have really enjoyed running the apprenticeship scheme and the quality of the apprentices were fantastic.

6. "An excellent first step for my career."

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a member of the Marketing team for my Year in Industry placement. My manager was very approachable and helped me develop skills to succeed at work and in the future. I always felt comfortable asking for guidance yet was given a good amount of freedom in achieving my targets.
    Everyone at head office was friendly and great to work with.
    Interesting work for someone keen to learn more about many companies of different sizes, especially those based in London.
    Good Central London location.

Cons

The weekly target system was inflexible at times - trying out a biweekly or monthly target system would have been interesting.

Advice to Management

There weren't very many staff socials, but they were great fun. Having one or two more socials per year would help everyone to get better acquainted as many employees work away on client sites.

7. "Nothing but a pay cheque"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're entry level and need to get some experience under your belt, they'll take you on as long as you pass a few pre screening tests.

If you're experienced with over 5 years in the game, they occasionally have fantastic placements with large banks/finance firms - £250+ P\D

Cons

No progression for permanent staff, you spend all your time at client sites and they almost never feedback saying well done. If you spend 1 month out in the field you've basically felt out it'll be working here forever. Good if you don't like change.

Advice to Management

Try to speak to or listen to the concerns of your employees.

8. "Not the greatest"

Pros

Exposure to work for law firms and banking sectors

Cons

Not to straight with following up with promisses. Progression is minimal

Advice to Management

Try to listen to staff's needs and wants

9. "Life in Plan-Net"

I worked at Plan-Net full-time

Pros

-Good exposure to knowledge and clients

Cons

No proper training. The training may take long but it is not a quality training as it is theoretical.
    No proper transitioning for being trained to supporting user
    No support once trained though the training was theortetical so tehnically thrown in a deep end
    No break out area
    No constructive feedback from management but hear says that will bring morales down
    No work life balance fro shift staff

10. "Good company"

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time

Pros

Im current full time employee at Plan Net, I dont agree with many negative reviews here,
    all directors are very straightforward,encouraging and supportive.
    Question "have I performed well" also should be asked.
    Employees have been awarded for their good work
    some also encouraged and being paid for not doing anything.
    My personal experience have been pleasant.

Cons

Sick pay is not paid

"Poorly Managed Service Desk"

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to many clients
    Filesite experience
    varied knowledge of law firms

Cons

Poor quality training - You are inadequately trained due to low staff numbers and an overly stretched teams. This is especially the case if work at the remote support office on Blackfriars.
    It is the complete opposite when you are based on a clients site.

Consistent low morale - The staff morale is very low and has been for the passed 2 years. Working onsite at the client's site is a much better environment and atmosphere.

Dull & Depressing office - if you get an interview at Blackfriars/Temple insist on viewing the Service Desk office before making your decision. They may object to this and say it is a restricted area but that is rubbish, they have visitors here all the time, there is no data or confidential information you are going to steal by viewing the office!

Understaffed - Too many clients to support for a small team. You will feel the strain.

*Speak with existing members of staff other than the one(s) interviewing you at the end of their shift or via LinkedIn to get an unbiased opinion of life at Plan-net.

No Breakout Area - (other than your desk) to eat your lunch so you are confined to your desk pretty much for your entire shift unless you leave the building. Then again there are not many places to have lunch in Blackfriars for a decent price other than Wasabi, McDonalds, Tesco, Sainsburys and some other small eateries (see for yourself around Blackfriars Station)
    In order words bring your own food to work.

Very High Turnover - Service Desk Analyst's generally last a few months here with very few over a year.

Extremely Long Notice Period - Do ask what the notice period is prior to accepting the role. The company has a long notice period in order to find your replacement when you hand in your notice.

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN

*You'll probably want to start applying for a new job in the first week you have joined the firm.

ALL THE BEST

Advice to Management

Invest more in training staff

Make the office a more enjoyable place to be, you are better served with happy employees

Be more connected to your staff in person.