KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Policygenius Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2021

Found 93 of over 96 reviews

4.3
Policygenius CEO Jennifer Fitzgerald (no image)
Jennifer Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Policygenius has an amazing work environment(in 6 reviews)

• "The company has a great culture, and really makes you feel comfortable(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "That said, work-life balance is very good - many family-oriented individuals on the team(in 3 reviews)

• "There is no commission, but is that really a con(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Respectful, fast-growing Engineering organization

Jul 26, 2021 - Engineering Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although I have not worked with any companies of this size before (~600 employees, ~70 in Engineering), I’ve found Policygenius to be an excellent place to grow in my career. I say this because (a) we have a huge impact on the financial stability of individuals and families, (b) we have a data-driven problem solving culture that is embraced by all levels of the company, and (c) product, engineering, and design all work very respectfully together. Our CEO is also noteworthy. She is very transparent in weekly all-hands conversations, and open to new information and ideas coming from anyone. These two cultural aspects have spread throughout the company.

Cons

Since the company is growing so fast (50%-100% growth each year), there's a good chance that we've outgrown any given policy or practice. This means that there are things we could always be doing better. For folks like me, it's exciting that we all get to rebuild the tracks as we run down them, but I can see how it would be frustrating for folks who just want to go heads-down and do their job. Ongoing transformations mean that we have to spend a lot of time on alignment.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company values, exciting growth

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Speed of progress, decision making and chance to make an impact + Talented peers who prioritize collaboration + Competitive pay, benefits, 401k and equity + Transparent communications from the top down, at every level + BEAUTIFUL OFFICE

Cons

- Moving quickly can get messy - Can be long hours when there are business pushes, and schedules can be challenging - Lots of platforms, technology - could be a little easier to navigate

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very demanding and only focused on numbers

Jun 18, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are very nice and helpful. They have company wide events and send you gifts during milestones. They celebrate your anniversaries and when you get a pet. They also give you $500 to spend on your WFH station.

Cons

When I applied, the job description did not reflect the actual job. It did not say it was 100% on the phone and that you would have to work on most weekends and until 11pm one night per week. This job was the hardest and most demanding job I have ever had in my life! The managers don't care if you provide great customer service, they only care about the numbers at the end of the day. They also DM you and ask if you can work extra before and after your shift. Overall the values did not align with the actual way people were being treated.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to be a part of

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Amazing culture 2. Excellent leadership 3. Brilliant employees 4. Everyone genuinely cares about building a great product 5. Modern tech company

Cons

I really have none at this point.

5. 5.0

Great Company!!

Jul 12, 2021 - Case Management Associate in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great leadership, competitive salary, flexible schedule

Cons

Can’t think of any cons

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Policygenius has a Great Culture!

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - Mission and Values are talked about frequently. The benefits are amazing! Everyone knows so much and willing to answer questions and help on board quickly.

Cons

Policygenius moves fast - Its not bad, but if you are used to moving slow it will be a shock.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Start up from hell, not POC friendly

Jun 24, 2021 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary and benefits for entry level positions. That’s why the marketing and recruiting team go out of their way to target recent grads. Opportunity to earn bonuses through sales incentive (note: not commission based)

Cons

Long Hours. (Expect work a late night shift if you’re in Sales) No career track or structure for learning and development There’s were some racially insensitive ‘incidents’ from leadership and peers

2 people found this review helpful

Policygenius Response

We thank you for your feedback and are very sorry to hear this about your experience at Policygenius. The experience you described doesn’t align with our company values, as we strive to have an inclusive and empowering culture for everyone. We’d like an opportunity to improve, but can only do that if we can get concrete feedback. We value current and former employees' feedback and are interested in learning more about your experience and your ideas on how we can do better. If you’re open to sharing more with us directly, please reach out to me at megan.pittman@policygenius.com. Thank you again and we wish you all the best. Sincerely, Megan Pittman, VP of People at Policygenius

8. 5.0

Proud to work here!

Dec 4, 2020 - Recruiting Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. My manager cares about my career growth. They has actively brought it into the conversation and is helping me determine next steps on how to reach my goals. 2. Every single person on my team is caring. If you feel sick, we all genuinely hope you feel better soon and we will step in where needed so you can the time off that's needed. 3. I personally love working on a team that can pivot quickly. Working at a start-up means I can make process improvements where I see fit. 4. We are constantly thinking about scaling in a smart way. RCs are not an afterthought. 5. The company cares about people and Jen is a very transparent CEO. We always know what the strategy is and where we are trying to go which is impressive for a company this size.

Cons

It can get pretty busy sometimes and there are days where I need to work overtime, but it's much less painful to do when you actually like where you work.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Review

Apr 30, 2021 - Case Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are very smart and educated

Cons

Loads of work for little pay, no diversity in leadership, management pushes all work on low paid employees

10. 4.0

Good experience

Jun 10, 2021 - Sales Associate in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Low pressure sales environment and good work life balance.

Cons

Workloads is not evenly distributed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews