Position2 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rajiv Parikh

1. "Pros > Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Position2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is really understanding and interested in employee development. For example many sessions, conferences, and classes are available to employees if they wish to learn and professionally grow. The team is really close and fun. Hard work is seen and appreciated. Upper management is really approachable if you need help or feedback. Plenty of diversity and good fun.

PERKS (not limited to):
    -Cell phone bill is covered/partially paid.
    -Supervisors really understanding about sick and time off
    -Happy hours, snacks and team lunches
    -Employee input about benefits every year
    -Flexible work hours (to an extent)
    -Holiday & birthday celebrations/gifts
    -Mac work computer
    -Opportunity for travel
    -SF 49ers season ticket holders
    -SJ Quakes season ticket holders
    -Office is right across VTA, near a walking trail, can see the 49ers stadium

Cons

For my role there is no formal on boarding plan but if you have the right 'can do' attitude you should have no problem getting the hang of things. Sometimes when the meeting gets going people jump in and interrupt cutting people off - not that big a deal but could be difficult if you are soft spoken.

Advice to Management

Everyone on the team has a lot of knowledge, we need a way of sharing the findings and hard work that the entire team does. Short monthly all team meetings could be an outlet to share things across the whole team.

Nov 14, 2016 – CEO

Thanks so much for the glowing review. We really appreciate the level of detail and thoughtfulness in your response. For the areas of improvement, it's a constant challenge to determine ways to ... More

2. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Very collaborative work environment! Management has an open door policy and encourages employees to provide feedback for continued improvement of services and processes. The company keeps abreast with new advertising technologies that their clients can benefit from. Marketing services include creative solutions with knowledge and expertise in accelerating demand generation. Employees have a unified goal of client success. While we work hard, we have fun too!

Cons

Position 2 provides more services than most of the agencies. However, not many companies are aware of them, so Position 2 needs to receive more visibility amongst potential clients across the country.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals with the right attitude and good work ethics.

Jun 25, 2016 – CEO

Thanks so much for the kind review. I agree, we do need to do more on the marketing front. That's actually what the weekend with the management team was about. I'm not sure what your advice is about ... More

3. "A very positive work environment with a super dynamic team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Position2 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team
    Positive Work Environment
    Very encouraging peers and managers

Cons

Work in a very competitive industry - but I think this is an industry-wide con and not specific to any company

Advice to Management

My experience at Position2 has been very satisfying. It's a great opportunity to work with such a knowledgeable team. The senior management is very approachable and is always open to listening to new ideas.

Nov 17, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for the review, especially the point about being open to new ideas! We love when our team helps us look at things differently. So much of what we do now has come from team-driven ... More

5. "Poor Management, Political, Lack Of Strategy.."

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Position2 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks are very good! Friday free lunches are very good!
    Lack of structure in managing can be good for time off.

Cons

Poor management. Lack of clear objectives. No employee status for salespeople.
    Poor website design and execution of sales strategy.
    Very political.

Advice to Management

Cheap labor doesn't equal success!
    People are not commodities.
    Off shore accounting of commissions leads to confused salespeople when there is no description of what is sold or pay receipts..
    Management will create fake or coerced positive reviews as a comeback. You might be skeptical of these overzealous comments. You should certainly think twice before working here.

Nov 20, 2014 – CEO

It's unfortunate that you feel this way. Over 90% of the people who work with us are full time employees. We wish you the best in your next endeavor.

6. "Great company to work with!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Position2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Things I love about Position2....
    - The Teams: Great to work with, very accommodating and down to earth with a real customer focus, not to mention, very knowledgeable and open to sharing their ideas and knowledge with anyone willing to listen.
    - Senior Management: They have just the right approach when it comes to letting you be entrepreneurial and allow you a lot of leeway when it comes to independent authority. At the same time, they give you all the tools and guidance with checks and balances in place to ensure that you succeed.
    Lastly, Position2 have made significant investments in their systems and processes, and I find this to be crucial to their success. This coupled with a very open culture makes every day enjoyable and fulfilling.

Cons

It is a high-pressure environment, so not always a place for the faint-hearted.

Jan 31, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for super positive review. Let's work on continuous improvement together.

7. "Confusing and challenging company"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Position2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Good Clients in India and Outside.
    2. Fun work environment.
    3. Knowledge sharing about digital industry

Cons

1. Some team heads are eager to push you down by showing off their knowledge.
    2. Some times clients feedback are overlooked which leads into negative rating from the client.
    3. Processes are good for daily routine work but affects client happiness when unforeseen changes need to be done.
    4. If you are not positioned in Bangalore or Santa Clara, some times it becomes difficult to coordinate with delivery team (Though you are following processes).
    5. Management can suddenly decide to close down any division from next quarter. This forces employees to serve 2 months notice period and bad impact on their resume.

Advice to Management

1. Please treat your employee fairly to create better and stronger relationship.
    2. If you are closing down a division then Employee / resource can be adjusted in another division rather than forcing them to leave. These days most of the resources / employee comes with varied knowledge.
    3. Please get a HR who can advise management for better decisions rather than just being a messenger.

Jan 23, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your candid response. We appreciate the helpful feedback. For client input, we are very sensitive to it and have set up multiple mechanisms to capture feedback and take immediate and ... More

8. "Social Media Executive"

Pros

Great place to work. Great team members

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

Jan 9, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the kind comments. I do wish we could have earned a higher rating :). Wish you the best in your career.

9. ""Be Part Of Something Wonderful""

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Position2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great friendly environment. The culture is one of the best I have worked in.
    Challenging clients, which allows the junior level employees to be exposed to a wide variety of industries and clientele.
    Work culture is better than most agencies.
    Teams are talented and fun to work with.

Cons

There are none for me, personally, at the moment. I find that there are always growing pains when companies grow and expand

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Nov 28, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the glowing review!

10. "Challenging but Awesome"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Position2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*The team is extremely friendly and are eager to be your mentors. They take the time to
     explain and try their best to provide you with the best learning experience possible.
     *Fun work environment
     *Good cultural mix of employees
     *Fantastic office and the office atmosphere is as cool as you make it.
     *Gain in-depth knowledge of the digital industry

Cons

*no cons... but you have to fight hard to survive

Oct 5, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the awesome review! One more great reason to come to work - great people.

"experience with position2 creative team and overall company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

good clients. some of the employees are awesome

Cons

Low pay, you will get fed up with politics less than a month. The HR don't even know what is his role and he is just dancing for the managers.. language of managers are pretty bad some times.. they should attend a class for behavior to their subordinates. may be that is because the company is in India. Not much recognition in terms of efforts put in .

Advice to Management

please treat your employees properly.. managers should get a class for behavior . get a experienced HR who knows his values and rites

Jun 25, 2016 – CEO

Sorry you feel that way. I'm in Bangalore every quarter, so I'd love to hear your feedback in a confidential manner. To clarify, HR helps develop the team according to our purpose and culture - the ... More