Powercon Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Assembly"

Pros

Small company with a very friendly working environment. Great co-workers. Great work/family balance. Perfect schedule. Good company to start your career. Convenient location.

Cons

Pay could have been better. Vacation policy is terrible. Almost no benefits. Training could have been better. Too hot in the shop during summer months.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits and vacation policy

2. "Assembly"

Current Employee - Assembly Leader in Severn, MD
    Current Employee - Assembly Leader in Severn, MD

I have been working at Powercon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Short distance from my residence. Friendly employees. 5 day work week, some overtime if you choose.

Cons

No structure, no vacation or sick pay for an entire year of work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be hired outside of the company, not just some got that got bumped up cause his time there. No people skills, no opportunity for cross training, safety is lackluster if anything. And LEAN culture does not exist

3. "assembly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Severn, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Severn, MD

I worked at Powercon (More than a year)

Pros

u can learn to do a lot of different jobs

Cons

low pay 4 the work that you do

Advice to Management

pay people more to keep them working for you

5. "Horrible!"

Former Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Severn, MD
    Former Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Severn, MD

Pros

The people you work next to are very nice.

Cons

Horrible benefits, the worst I've ever experienced. I've seen temp agencies with better benefits.

Advice to Management

Better benefits and training.

6. "Develops sketches, technical and development projects particularly difficult, complex and moderately complex products."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Severn, MD
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Severn, MD

I have been working at Powercon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I would be glad to apply my knowledge and experience that I accumulated by over period perfect career for 8 years in the field of engineering. I am confident that my experience will be useful with theoretical and practical knowledge, skills, and various methods of applied science to enhance your organization's processes towards achieving complete client satisfaction and try to meet any organizational objective.

Cons

I simply wish to continue offering contract design engineering services to those clients lacking the internal resources (time and/or people) to do them by their own engineering teams.

Advice to Management

The “ideal” job is one where the client has already conducted their market research study, the product features and functions description, a detailed product specification, all of which are a Statement-of- Work. With that in hand, I would develop a Work Breakdown Structure and a GANTT-Chart plan as the basis for a proposal for a Firm-Fixed-Fee contract for the prototype development and delivery. After an iterative massaging process, a Purchase Order would be issued for the product development. I would need to engage the client’s internal resources in various levels of interaction throughout the development process, like design reviews and inputs from other departments; but, otherwise I would be autonomous until final delivery. Now, let us get real… The “real” job comes close, but usually where I need to develop the features, functions, specifications, and statement-of-work myself. These “real” jobs are also usually Time-And-Material projects because of this upfront fluidity.