PreCheck Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - EMployment Investigator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - EMployment Investigator in Houston, TX

I have been working at PreCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40 or more hours a week. They feed you; so you won't ever go hungry. It's a real friendly Environment.

Cons

In my department it's production based. Meaning you've got to meet your numbers.

Advice to Management

Grow with the company first. You have to be with the company at least six month to move into a different department or a higher position.

"Run the other way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at PreCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were nice to be around. Being able to listen to music to pass time helps a tremendous amount and it helped block slot of gossip

Cons

Slot of he said she said management stands by each other instead of working for the employees. Help with anything is absolutely out of the question by HR or upper managment. Anything from sexual harassment to verbal abuse is tolerated here. Bad business starts and ends here.

Advice to Management

Nothing you can do from what I see the company will fall not today but I can't see people wanting to treated the way you treat them and expect them to work as hard as you guys want them to while being in fear the entire time

PreCheck Response

Jan 9, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for providing feedback on your employment with PreCheck. We are disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while employed with our organization. We strive to create a ... More

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at PreCheck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Benefits are good, salary is good and the management team generally is professional and competent.

Cons

Management changes over too much. I don't know why they revolve their upper management so often. Seems as though they either micromanage or don't give the management staff enough support.

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs. They are pretty good at it.

"Great Service, Profitable Company, Family Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

You will find some really great people to work with many of which have been here for years. The company provides snack, beverages and a family like atmosphere. This is a financially successful company. The website is great. The Marketing Team is awesome. The company provides a good service and cares about the clients. The Client Account Managers work hard and I believe they have a knowledgeable sales team.

Cons

It is privately owned and with that small company atmosphere you may be privy to too much internal information;(personal and professional) word travels fast within the organization. There is a tremendous about of red tape when presenting new impactful changes. The Owners/Leadership are rooted in their ways and Texas in and "At will termination " state. If you don't like it then prepare to seek employment elsewhere. If you stir the pot too much you may foresee problems. Leadership lives in a bubble and they are a tight knit circle. As it relates to compensation your best chance at obtaining a raise would be to pursue a job within another company. Overall, the company has been reactive and communication has been a longstanding issue. Career opportunities for growth are limited. The percentage of people that are happily content in their roles are few. As with every company you will have some die hard employees.
    IT could use some technological advancement and continuing education. The Client Account Managers may be spread to thin with minimal opportunity to think freely.

Advice to Management

I would provide advice if I felt it would be received. There has to be a willingness to change or the understanding that a degree of change is necessary.

"Client Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at PreCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow workers are great people, made the work day enjoyable

Cons

Poor upper management, work load is tremendous with unrealistic expectations, most of the supervisors/management are ill-placed and lacking the proper skill set to perform the managerial duties.

Advice to Management

Make sure to hire the right people for the right positions.

6. "HR Team Member"

I have been working at PreCheck full-time

Pros

At PreCheck the company craves the innovate ideas its employees have to offer. They are open to feedback and encourage creativity within every department. They truly value every employee.

Cons

As with any company, we get very busy. The stress can be hard at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a what you are doing, it's working. I look forward to the growth PreCheck has to offer.

7. "Life at PreCheck"

I have been working at PreCheck full-time

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours a week, Medical Insurance, pay is decent, indoor job, holidays off, stocked kitchen so employees are not hungry.

Cons

Strict attendance policy, however, Managers of each department get to decide attendance rules for their own departments and play favorites, if you call out sick its considered unexcused and does not roll off your report for 1 year, no leaniancy for sick children, family members or emergencies. Managers and their assistant managers do not communicate with each other and therefore too many hands in the pot for making decisions, Managers and team leaders treat employees like children and make inappropriate decisions and bully the employees constantly.

Advice to Management

Hire a team to do nothing but handle time cards and pto since the company has grown over the years and managment/team leads dont have time to fix every mistake or have time to approve much needed time off requests. Go back to original training classes that were thorough. Train management to have common sense along with leadership skills and communication skills. Expect people to be human beings and that they have to balance work with family. Allow the employees to make up time missed if they choose do so instead of punishing them for an unforseen emergencies that cause them to have to leave work for part of day.

8. "Data Entry Specialist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at PreCheck as a contractor

Pros

Nice facilities, , the building was well maintained.

Cons

There was very little social interaction between co-workers.

9. "Good Company"

I have been working at PreCheck full-time

Pros

Great culture, room for growth, a growing business

Cons

no paid sick leave, not very much paid time off unless you've worked there for a long time

"Reference Investigator"

Current Employee - Reference Investigator
    Current Employee - Reference Investigator

I have been working at PreCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management here is very supportive! They make sure that everyone is taken care of, and will do everything possible to make sure you're succeeding!

Cons

Some people may find the goals a little difficult to meet, but if you work hard then you'll be fine.