Precision Valve Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.4
Anthony Hynes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I wouldn't recommend."

I worked at Precision Valve full-time

Pros

The benefits are decent. You get paid vacation and holiday pay. They also offer a tuition reimbursement and decent insurance. They have great hours as well.

Cons

Management is sub-par.
    Materials constantly out of stock which causes a lot bigger workload on multiple employees.
    There is no sense of team work. People in this plant do the bare minimum.

Advice to Management

I would hold each employee accountable and start restaffing to people who don't have a sense of entitlement to the job when they shouldn't have any.

"Run While You Still Can!"

Former Employee - Electrical Maintenance in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Electrical Maintenance in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros with this company.

Cons

Management acts younger than the kids at a 4k.
    There are 4 people in upper management that run the show, and none of them belong in management to begin with.
    Many people in management are completely unqualified for their positions.
    They fire people for issues that are directly related to the process... not the person.
    Employees are treated as slaves. Often people will have to work MONTHS without a day off.
    It's all about the numbers. Quality be damned.
    Too few employees for the amount of work.
    They will change suppliers without test runs, causing multiple problems due to the quality of the product they are using. Then they blame the problems on the employees.
    They waste time and resources on non-productive issues and activities.
    I could go on, but I think you get the point

Advice to Management

My advice is to Corporate.... Completely clean house at this plant as far as the top managers are concerned. Listen to the employees and you will know which 4 need to go. Hire new managers that understand how to treat people AND know how to run a business. CHANGE THE CULTURE OR THIS COMPANY WILL GO THE WAY OF THE DINOSAURS!!!!

3. "Use to be a great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Greenville, SC

Pros

Intially it was a great place to work. Management cared about the people that worked for the company and did the "right thing". Quality and safety were top values in the company.

Cons

No annual raises. Mangement fires at will, based on perception not performance. Managers do not lead by example. The environment is hostile. Even if you do well there is no room for upward mobility as well as you could be fired at will anytime. Financially unstable and does not invest in people or equipment. Cares more about getting product out the door the the quality of the product.

Advice to Management

Wake up before you run off all your good people and customers.

"Management is the worst part of the job"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's good to have a job. When I was hired, the company was moving from New York to South Carolina. The move was poorly planned and they almost went bankrupt.

Cons

On the other hand, some of the managers take every opportunity to create drama among the workers with gossip and negativity. There is a lot of focus on harassing people for no good reason. Managers seem to know the least about the machinery and the process, so they rely on silly threats to get productivity from workers.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like children. High school was a long time ago so work on encouragement and place incentives to motivate people.

5. "Most Disrespectful Employer I"

Former Employee - Tech in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Tech in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a damn thing. Forced to give one star that they don't deserve.

Cons

Personally know 2 different employees who worked for Precision Valve. Both have since left such a horrible place. They bent over backwards for them after being harassed and ganged up on time and time again. One time one of them continuously called in leaving his family at home alone all hours of the night with no compensation for being on-call. Weekend after weekend ruined by harassing texts and phone calls from management expecting employee to drop everything and fix their crap. When employee would fix it there was no recognition...but no one else could seem to fix it. Employee was threatend to be terminated when their spouse was in ER even after a call to notify them of late arrival because of transporting children to school. These people have no souls and I plead for anyone who is called to interview at this place of business to run the other way. I read some of this prior to job offer and wish I would have stood my ground and gone with my gut that they were absolutely right.

Advice to Management

Grow up! Learn some respect. Treat people the way you want to be treated and maybe you could actually keep a person as an employee. And think about some manners when someone may have a family with kids trying to sleep while you blow up their phone at whatever time you feel like it. Also don't hold your employees hostage when they have commitments to pick up their kids after they've been your slave for the previous 12 hours.

"A antiquated company that needs reinventing."

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New management has an opportunity to turn things around but needs to get rid of all the old management that drove the company to the brink of extinction.

Cons

Old infrastructure, antiquated senior management, lack of connection with employees and customers, lack of innovation. For a company that was founded on one of the greatest innovations in packaging history, they have not been able to develop a new product in over a decade.

Advice to Management

Walk away from the past and engage your customers and employees in determining the future.

"20+years I gave to this company and got sooo screwed!"

Former Employee - Storeskeeper and Tool Crib Attendant in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Storeskeeper and Tool Crib Attendant in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The "regular" people I worked with. My work family..

Cons

Way too many bosses..The way they treat people is a shame.

Advice to Management

Up Yours!!!!

"Use to be a good place to work but has got worse over the years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are no good reasons at all. Employees are very unsatisfied with the working conditions.

Cons

Never give raised not in years. Management talks and treats employees very badly.

"Steady work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

Pros

Aerosol industry
    Consumer staples promotes consistant work and job security
    Overtime available for hourly employees
    Located in the city close to shopping and restauraunts
    Averege benefits

Cons

Low entry level pay
    Pay scale and work duties between other departments not equal
    Wage freezes and below average increases
    Low morale

Advice to Management

Hire more professional management. Retain employees based on productivity and work ethics not by seniority. Treat every one the same. Don't let ISO procedures inhibit production.

"Transition from Founder to Next Generation Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Good pay, Industry history, Global presence

Cons

Financial strength, management expertise, management communications with employees on company status

Advice to Management

More senior management with external (non-PV) experience needed.