Premier Disability Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 14, 2019

4.3
Thomas Klint

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good environment to work"

Current Employee - Office Services Clerk in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Office Services Clerk in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable job, flexible schedule and affordable lunches.

Cons

The pay rate is a little low.

2. "Good place to work, Room for improvement like all places"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to help people who are in need of getting their disability benefits. This place will really feel like a family. Premier offers discounted lunches every day. They sell discounted Premier clothing items multiple times a year. They have vending machines with multiple drink and snack choices. They do offer flexible schedules and make up time. Full time employees earn PTO that can be used for any reasons. Premier has an open door policy that you can talk to any manager if you do not feel comfortable speaking with your manager.

Cons

Hourly employees seem to be held a different standard than Manager. Leads and Directors. The policies are enforced differently in different departments. Changes to policies in departments and the company are not always communicated in time manner. They do not ask for input when making changes to how the day to day job from the people who it will effect the most.

Advice to Management

Hold the managers to the policy standards that the hourly employees are held to. Enforcing the policies the same in every department will stop confusion as to what they actually are and will stop resentment when someone gets in trouble for not following a policy when they see that same policy not being enforced in other departments. LISTEN to the employees, ask their advice/input when making changes to how things are done for the job. This will make your employees happier and feel like they are actually being heard and involved in making changes to how they do their jobs.

3. "Great employer with a few problem areas. Results may vary."

Current Employee - Evaluation Specialist in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Evaluation Specialist in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility - You can set your own hours to work around your personal life/schedule, and even have the ability to work from home if you meet certain criteria.

Ease of Job - It's probably the easiest job I've ever had to learn, the system is very user friendly and the workdays go by so fast, especially with the new Smart Connect system (despite the bugs).

Catered Lunch - There's a lunch menu Mon-Fri, and the meals are $2.50 or $2.95 with a can of soda. The meals are always delicious and decent portion sizes, definitely well worth the price.

Advancement Opportunities & Bonuses - Most of the promotions happen internally. There's occasionally opportunities that pop up to work in managerial positions, and among my department you can advance through Senior levels 1-5 to earn a higher bonus each month. Bonuses are provided upon meeting specific minimum requirements each month. You can earn up to an extra $100 each month at the basic level if you max out your numbers.

Management - Most of the direct supervisors for the department are awesome and always willing to help with questions or concerns.

Cons

Communication - Being kept in the loop has dropped pretty significantly over the past six months. Upper management doesn't always let us know when changes go into effect regarding policy, procedure, etc. which leads to a lot of confusion and employees getting verbal warnings or write ups when they're not made aware of any changes.

Different Standards - Even though every person in every department (including management) is supposed to be held to the same standards, it seems like policy violations are a lot more strict in the Intake department while other departments get more slack, especially when it comes to dress code or personal chats between employees. Some managers are far more nitpicky with where they want you to be at certain points each month, which further stresses out the employees.

Integrity Issues - This is entirely a personal opinion, but the way certain queues are handled I don't necessarily agree with. I don't feel like we should be basically tricking people who call in to go through the evaluation by making them think we are Social Security when we aren't because to me that feels like entrapment, and I don't think people refusing our help for various reasons should be viewed as such a horrible thing. I also don't personally feel comfortable calling people more than once a day but that seems to be the route that's being taken now with the new system.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with the rest of the employees, especially when it comes to policy changes. You can't get someone in trouble for simply not knowing, especially if the information isn't updated where it's supposed to be. Don't allow managers to get away with certain things that the rest of us would get written up for.

4. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Senior Case Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Case Manager

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time

Pros

Premier's environment is great, co workers and supervisors are easy to get along with and everyone does their best to help you. The knowledge gained working for this company is great for professional and private life. Knowing that your job is helping people who are in need is very rewarding.

Cons

There are a lot of "rules" but as long as you follow them and do your job there's nothing to worry about.

5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Hearing Case Manager
    Current Employee - Hearing Case Manager

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling/make-up time, work incentives, friendly work culture, good training

Cons

Normal cons that come with customer service-related jobs

6. "Premier is my family"

Current Employee - Disability Evaluation Specialist
    Current Employee - Disability Evaluation Specialist

I have been working at Premier Disability Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Premier for just over 2 years now. Premier has provided an avenue for my talents to change life’s for the better! Their passion and conviction for what they do is what makes this place a wonderful place to work! The culture is fun and easy going. Management and training staff have always been nothing but patient and understanding both in my personal needs as well as my professional growth! I would not be where I am today in my career if it wasn’t for everyone involved at Premier Disability Services!

Cons

Since I’ve been here I can honestly say I have yet to have a negative experience within any part of this company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and being the great example of leadership and heart that you all exhibit on a daily basis for our clients and co workers!

7. "Laid back but still professional."

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Supervisors are responsive to questions and concerns and it feels like they really want to work with you to be a successful, productive team member. No office politics like other companies- everyone is courteous, everyone pitches in and helps eachother. Supervisors are willing to step in if you need hands on assistance with a client. The employees are valued and recognized individually for their hard work and contributions. There are neat perks like work events, raffles, and catered lunch available. Everyone works hard and plays hard together!

Cons

Clients can be stressful. It's a hard job because you are dealing with clients who are in stressful situations themselves and very dependant on their benefits getting awarded, and they sometimes take it out on you. If you cannot remain calm and professional this is not the job for you. The starting pay was a little low when I was hired, but I've gotten increases since then and I am now at a wage I feel correlates with the work that we do.
    There is some burnout and employee turnover due to this, but if you can hang in there this is overall a good place to work and a good job.

8. "Great place, greater people!"

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time

Pros

A great company to get your foot in the door. Many opportunities to move up and be involved in the bones of the company. The people are great to work with and this place has a really nice atmosphere to work in.

Cons

The parking lot is getting full.

9. "Premier is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Premier Disability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people great atmosphere and they have lunch for cheap everyday!!

Cons

I cant really think of any I just like the work the attendance policy is a little strict but just show up everyday and you do not have to worry

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Services in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Office Services in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Premier Disability Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, great environment and will work with your schedule. Hot lunch each day for a great price. Fridays have a different dress theme each week.

Cons

Some cold areas, some hot areas to work in.

Advice to Management

Meet with your employees more often, not just on special days.