Profiles Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 12, 2019

4.4
Joe Gambino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Super friendly and welcoming environment"

Current Employee - Email Developer in Henrico, VA
    Current Employee - Email Developer in Henrico, VA

I have been working at Profiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very caring and attentive environment. The people that work at Profiles all seem to have a friendly and positive attitude. You never feel like you need to compete for your place and they're always open to helping you out when you need it.

Cons

None that I've seen so far.

Apr 8, 2019 – Marketing Director

Profiles is happy to have you! Thank you for all of your work and for helping grow the positive team spirit.

"Toxic atmosphere to say the least"

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Profiles full-time

Pros

proximity to White House, come and go as you please, somewhat decent pay for little work

Cons

where does one start??? Not sure how they've managed to stay open for 19 years. This place is bleeding money

Advice to Management

none

Apr 15, 2019 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback and apologies that Profiles was not a cultural fit for you. We wish you happiness and fulfillment in your future career. If you would like to speak with someone on the... More

3. "Business Analyst Intern"

I worked at Profiles part-time

Pros

good staff and great place to grow

Cons

low pay but everything else is good

Feb 2, 2019 – Marketing Director

We value your opinion. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback.

4. "Solid small company"

I worked at Profiles full-time

Pros

approachable and responsive leadership, good culture

Cons

Office I worked in was isolated and not really poised for growth - in regards to head count

Feb 2, 2019 – Marketing Director

Your time at Profiles was greatly appreciated. Thank you for this feedback. Since this post, Profiles has moved two office locations to more prominent downtown areas thanks to company growth.

5. "eCommerce Marketing Manager"

I have been working at Profiles full-time

Pros

It has been a good experience so far.

Cons

Haven't come across any yet.

Jun 8, 2017 – Social Recruitment Evangelist

Thank you for posting a rating and sharing your experience, thus far!

6. "Sales -cyber Technology / digital Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales and Business Devepment/Internet in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales and Business Devepment/Internet in Washington, DC

I worked at Profiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from the west, I was looking for a company where I could use my skills. Profiles offered that and I had many chances for earning UNLIMITED income. The benefits package was very reasonable but my wife has a government job with superior benefits. The team environment and health benefits are strong. With this career, you can define your own success and have the capability of having a great income. The team also offers a 401k savings plan and health benefits if you need them. Competitive salary with growth potential.

Cons

I don't know of any. This company hires the best employees. I think the potential is there and there are no cons with this job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep investors in your own employees

Jun 8, 2017 – Social Recruitment Evangelist

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We're glad to hear we can provide a solid workplace environment to help reach your goals.

7. "A New Culture Has Risen!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Profiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2017 kicked off with great momentum and motivation. Business is good, teams are growing, and with that our company culture is thriving. Really in a happy place at this time. Great team effort, senior leadership is engaged, and I feel inspired to top our 2016 record with a new high.

Cons

Success at Profiles comes from within. You must have a natural drive and focus. You must hold the willpower to cut out distractions in order to prioritize what exactly is necessary to succeed. This is just the nature of the business. If you are able to keep the fire in your belly and leverage all the tools provided by the company then it's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your Employees. Continue to engage and empower existing staff. Keep up the strong momentum that exists today.

Feb 22, 2017 – Social Recruitment Evangelist

Thank you taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. Your contributions and dedication to your work is commendable and inspiring. We're very much looking forward to what the new year has to... More

8. "Great experience"

Pros

Person attention and easy process overall. Very grateful.

Cons

None at the moment at all.

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your time in leaving a review. We are happy to hear of your positive experience, and the gratitude is mutual!

"Disappointed"

Pros

Many of the things that attracted me to Profiles were staff members that were smart, showed strong leadership, and were very savvy in the digital marketing space. This has changed so much in the past year I cannot even begin to describe it.

Cons

Their are four offices but less than 15 employees between the 4! No upward growth or opportunity to stay. Toxic environment fueled by some employees that should have been let go.

Advice to Management

A fresh new perspective is needed! Also, acknowledge that things need to change! I have remained quiet while everyone blamed someone 'from the outside' who wrote an honest review - but you have created such an environment of fear this employee is afraid to speak up.

Nov 3, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. This has been reviewed with senior leadership who would be happy to further discuss any concerns in detail offline.

Your contribution to Profiles and company growth... More

"Small company: BIG ideas!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Profiles full-time

Pros

I came here to Profiles as a candidate thinking I’d try out a new career and test the waters in the world of marketing/creative staffing. Six years later and I continue to feel grateful that I work for an organization that believes in me, values my ideas and allows me to continually grow my career. My colleagues are smart and trustworthy. Our clients are loyal and believe in the service we provide. And the Profiles leadership team provides an environment where ideas are heard, careers are grown and laughter is truly non-stop. I feel lucky to be able to call Profiles my second family where some of my colleagues are my closest friends.

Profiles is great for me because I’m not micro-managed. Instead I have the support and guidance to treat my client portfolio as though it were my own business. I’m trusted to manage my business, exceed my sales goals and continually provide excellent service to my clients. It’s easy to be loyal to an employer that believes in the work that I do and the value that I can bring. And the entire team has a pretty good time along the way. Since it’s a small company, you get to know your coworkers pretty quickly. We have a casual work environment, lots of happy hours, sales contests, birthday celebrations and a constant supply of gummy candy.

Cons

Since we are in the heart city, there's often a concern of safety around the building.

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Allow new ideas to be heard and new processes to be executed. As the company continues to grow, it's paramount for the leadership team to get to know every employee so trust, dedication and communication remain constant.

Oct 17, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thanks for the glowing review and all of your contributions to making the business successful and enjoyable to work at. In acknowledgement of voiced concerns for building safety a surveillance camera... More