KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 3,505 of over 3,728 reviews

3.7
Providence President and CEO Rodney F. Hochman
Rodney F. Hochman
Pros
  • "Really care about work life balance(in 106 reviews)

• "Good benefits and a high sense of self satisfaction with the work we do(in 106 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Difficulty communicating with upper management(in 54 reviews)

• "Pa, benefits, work life balance(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Providence and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Family oriented company

Aug 3, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse in Victorville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work very family oriented and great bonuses and incentives. Love it here!!

Cons

Pay can be more. They start you off low and slowly increase your pay. I am new nurse so I wasn't expecting much in the beginning.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

At enterprise level, your specific team dynamic makes the biggest difference

Aug 1, 2021 - Projwct Manager in Renton, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to learn. Some managers I’ve had were amazing brilliant leaders. Others are seen as great outwardly but have no people management skills. Psychological safety and feeling like you can be who you are really depends on your team.

Cons

Upper management individual contributor turnover is high, work life balance is not great, pressure to do high amounts of work at one time impacts quality, some teams have great leadership but others are highly toxic and lack even decent leadership. Not a lot of psychological safety. The stereotype of corporate worker is pretty rampant here, though with a religious touch. There is virtually no training in corporate, expected to get running boots on the ground the first day and teach yourself. Bonuses are only given to core leaders for the work individual contributors do, having more balance here would positively impact production. There are a few members of my previous team that negatively impact others but if they’re in leadership and have been with the company for years, they feel untouchable and uncorrectable. Being areligious and working here can be awkward when a lot of the mission is about “gods love”. Benefits; PTO earning is low only about 2 weeks under 3 years in which is very old school. Insurance is decent but very good mental health care. Nothing special though in WA though no massage or naturopath coverage. Nothing extra for the employee.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love Providence

Jun 10, 2021 - Home Medical Equipment Technician in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have some of the best benefits I’ve ever seen in my life! I also love the people that I work with. Everybody’s happy to be at work, my management cares about whether I’m overworked or how I’m doing that day in a genuine way. I feel supported and there’s great networking access so as to make internal job changes.

Cons

This job has intense manual labor at times. On days that are high volume oh we work very very hard. The overtime pay is great though! But if you’re a person who has difficulty with a lot of “urgent” orders and being under pressure to complete it all in time then I would suggest looking for a different position at Providence.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful company with a great mission

Aug 3, 2021 - Specialty Scheduling Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Providence asks it's employees to Ease the Way of their patients. The employee is asked to advocate for patients and give amazing service, and they back that up. The management is supportive and the benefits are in line with current standards. Everything I needed to do my job well was provided for me.

Cons

When starting as a WFH employee, some standard benefits such as paid travel to the work site was not included, and if in person IT service was not available for hardware issues.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Hard decision to leave

Jul 29, 2021 - FNS Assistant in Spokane, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great residents, Supportive staff for the most part, talking to management is easy to talk to

Cons

People who lack team work skills, frequently short staffed cant keep good staff because of poor management of trouble coworkers lack of understanding between kitchen staff and aid staff as to what each department does on a daily basis

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Medical Assistant

Aug 4, 2021 - Certified Medical Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Hours and team to work with

Cons

Large company, hard to move up.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 29, 2021 - Senior Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Providence is a great company with great values, very good benefits, and I thoroughly enjoy the people I work with.

Cons

Providence is not for profit. You won't get paid as much as a for profit, but you get that with any non profit organization.

8. 2.0

Does Not Care About Employees

Aug 3, 2021 - Registration Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros to this job are the benefits and some of your coworkers.

Cons

This company doesn't care about their employees at all. All they care about is making money. As long as the people up top have their money nothing else matters. We are horribly understaffed, overworked, and they make no moves to hire more people. They also take forever to fire people who do horrible things during their work time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Amazing Team

Jul 30, 2021 - Customer Care Coordinator III in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management in Commercial Customer Service is amazing. They are supportive both personally and professionally.

Cons

All I can think of is that I would like higher pay but I don't know how they compare.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love it.

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is consistently a positive team dynamic as well as excellent management.

Cons

The nature of the work is not always predictable so there are days that turn unexpectedly long.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,505 Reviews