Quest CE Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Stable"

Former Employee - Compliance Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Compliance Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Quest CE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, culture, comfortable environment

Cons

Communicatio can sometimes be lacking, micro management of some teams

2. "drink the coolaid"

I worked at Quest CE full-time

Pros

good parties and decent pay increases

Cons

incredibly weak management with little to no accoundability

3. "Awesome people, great workplace"

I have been working at Quest CE full-time

Pros

This is bar none, the best workplace I've ever worked at. The people are great, and your voice can be heard, as there's not a ton of upper management getting in the way of hearing out what the employees have to say, much unlike other companies that I've worked for. I've worked at other companies that are pretty good, but none of the other employers that I've ever had allow you time out of your work day to go outside and take a walk every day.

Cons

Location - It's a little far away from where I live.
    Have to wear multiple hats sometimes - Not a problem for me, however this is something that should be considered with either Quest CE, or any other relatively small business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue to hear out what the employees have to say.

4. "A Premier Workplace in Milwaukee"

Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Quest CE full-time

Pros

Growth focus, robust employee training and support programs, competitive salary, great benefits, exciting work environment, great people and excellent industry outlook.

Cons

Any fast-moving company experiences unavoidable growing pains, but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on employee training and empowerment. Make sure cutting edge technology solutions remain at the forefront of our corporate strategy. The open environment and approachable attitude of upper management is truly appreciated. Keep the flow of information between all departments a top priority and most importantly, keep up the good work!

"No room for career growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Quest CE (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nice people. Interesting work.

Cons

Micro-Manage. Family owned so no room for career growth. So tight knit it's dysfunctional.
    Management are hands off and ask senior employees to spy for them.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to friends with your employees and make realistic goals and expectations for new hires.

6. "a solid place to work to get your career started"

I have been working at Quest CE full-time

Pros

Company offers the autonomy to get done what is needed. Small company with big company perks!

Cons

Management is young and departments can be somewhat segmented.

7. "A great company for entry level employees..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Quest CE does care about its employees, offering excellent health and 401k benefits, ample vaction time and somewhat competetive salaries. The company has most recently started to participate in different charity events where the employees give back to the community in addition to "Fit Club" which encouraged physical activity and friendships among the employees.

The biggest pro in addition to the above would be the people who work there. I can't stress enough how much a difference it makes when you have not only co-workers but friends each day you come to work. Not that ALL of the people are friend material or personable, but for the most part.

Cons

In my time at Quest, there are several things I grew irritated with. First being the micromanagement involved with every department. If it's not being done by supervisors it's pushed that you should be. I've learned from being at other companies that this is not how employees want to be treated and it only shows them you do not have faith in what they do or trust them to get the job done.

Although the people were a pro, the people are a con as well. Quest is a smaller company which employs a lot of family members and close friends/old colleagues. This is okay, but can sometimes lead to an ugly game of office politics and special treatment to people that do not deserve it "just because". Some people at Quest are in positions that they should not be in my opinion, simply because they know someone.

I'm not sure there is a huge opportunity for growth once you hit a certain point, which is why I think it's a better start for an entry level employee. Most of the executive positions are already filled by family so don't expect to take over the throne. Even if the company does grow and need more people, it won't be high up positions they need to fill.

And lastly, I have seen a lot of great employees get fired or quit. Many of those who were fired shouldn't have been and it seems it was done without much reason. If you do decide to work there, sadly I would say do not trust upper managment and watch your back.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to allow employees more freedom in their daily tasks rather than always trying to micromanage them.

Evaluate who you have in what positions and decide if that is actually the best fit for them and the company.

"Incredible, progressive place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Progressive, innovative, flexible, customer centric, high expectations, transparent.

Cons

Sometimes a need for more people resources.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

""Best Places to Work" Award is well deserved"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Quest CE is an incredible place to work. There are an abundance of opportunities for those seeking to further their career at the organization and the companies transparent philosophy of information ensures that employees are constantly in the know. The benefits packages provide an exceptional amount of coverage and are available to all employees. I would recommend Quest to anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to a company that invests back into its personnel.

Cons

There are none that I can think of. The people that I have seen be unsuccessful at the company are typically those looking for a job and not a career. Quest can be a challenging organization for those who simply want to do their job and leave without acclimating to the company's culture. The Quest culture of excellence in customer service is a permanent fixture to the organizations growth and retention.

Advice to Management

I would simply advise the company to continue its investment in employees. The company will continue to grow so long as the employees are treated fairly, have a solid comprehension of the organization and are provided a degree of autonomy and the ability to advance in their careers.

10. "Glad its over."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

They pay you on time. Provide good food and drinks.

Cons

Fear based management style--Micromanagers which is uneffective and wastes time & hinders productivity. Quiet office because everyone is afraid.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and not manipulative.