Quigley-Simpson Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2021

3.4
Quigley-Simpson Joint Leadership Committee Leadership Committee (no image)
Leadership Committee
Pros
  • "This company takes hard-working people with dreams to go far in marketing and design and turns them into soulless robots(in 5 reviews)

• "The agency is small (at least the media side) and there isn't much structure so you will learn a lot(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but if you are not happy with this then you should not choose advertising as a career(in 9 reviews)

• "They will, however, pay for parking for upper management which also doesn't make sense to me (seems a little unfair)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Goood

Mar 24, 2021 - Media Coordinator in Brentwood, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good co workers attitudes and fun people

Cons

no comment for this as of right now

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy with my experience

Mar 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

In general, agency life can be difficult with hard work, lots of meetings, and long hours. Quigley-Simpson is one of the agencies with better work life balance, but there can be periods where schedules are more demanding. As a mid sized agency, there are a couple things I love about working here. 1. Exposure to senior management 2. Ability to build your own process without being micromanaged 3. Travel in pre- covid times. 4. Hard work is recognized and rewarded 5. The people - I genuinely enjoy working with everyone here. They’ve hired several senior execs who really care and are pushing the agency to be better and better. They’ve also listened to some of the negative reviews and are making an effort to make things better. I particularly have liked the guest speakers that have been brought in recently.

Cons

Nothing majorly different than you get working at other agencies. For me, the benefits outweigh the cons.

3. 5.0

Good Place For Me

Mar 2, 2021 - Media Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Adequate workload. There are moments of stress during pressured times to meet deadlines. Very fortunate to work with people I like. Teamwork is paramount especially while working remotely. Senior managers listen to me and help me navigate bigger and more difficult issues. I always have the support of IT when I need it. WFH has its unpredictable technical problems, and IT has been there to help. Management really does a great job with virtual company meetings and special events like party events (Halloween, Holidays, Valentine’s day and others) as well as regular Sound Baths to relieve the pressures of work and positively distract those who participate to escape from the loneliness that comes from working in your home workspace away from others. The monthly meetings have well-structured content, variety and inspirational moments.

Cons

Working remotely has been difficult for many, especially those of us who need (and like) to interact in person a lot with others. We have had some specialists speaking at some meetings with developing coping skills. It would be good to have more of these.

4. 1.0

Keep Looking for Employment Elsewhere

Feb 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Owners are nice but have no idea of day to day

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, boring clients, everyday is just like the day before, no collaboration with other departments, very little training and on boarding. Highest turnover I have ever seen anywhere. People come and go like a fast food summer job? Is this an agency or Jack in the Box. Media is completely overlooked in every way. They hire a new CEO every 2 years from what I’ve heard and said CEO makes all these huge hires and the department that’s the most dysfunctional gets no help / has no changes. Did I mention how boring it is. A hamster running on a wheel until you join the other employees that have been through those doors and get the courage to leave.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

An Ad Agency with Heart

Aug 27, 2020 - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

First, the professional stuff: with a diverse portfolio of clients, Quigley-Simpson offers abundant professional pathways for anyone interested in agency life. Sure, it's hard work and long hours sometimes, but I've only ever experienced a genuinely caring team spirit. The Executive Team works with the Senior Teams to realize a clear vision for the agency, and they take the time to spell it out during company meetings. Deliverables: high-quality; some of the best in the industry--vetted by a shelf full of awards, and grounded in a bevy of perennial clients. Not only that, but the New Business team closes enough deals to keep the agency growing, even during these tough times. They definitely get the coffee! Culture: friendly, patient, caring professionals is the order of the day. Each agency has its own way of doing things, and there's definitely the "Quigley-Simpson Way," but for every question about process, there's been a peer or a manager ready to provide guidance. Much of an agency's culture is reflected in that first interview, that first point of contact. From the moment HR calls back for that interview, to the initial meeting, you know you're in good hands. Yeah, "peerless" is a superlative, but in this case, it certainly applies to the HR team. Unceasing in their care for the agency's talent, they bend over backward to offer counsel, guidance, and wellbeing resources. Add to that the company parties, and it's hard not to feel like family.

Cons

It's agency life--a fiercely competitive part of a highly dynamic space.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent

Usually the nature of a Glassdoor review is to vent about what is bad, but this is refreshing in that it highlights what is good. We learn from both.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you can't find any opportunities, then apply here

Feb 19, 2021 - Media Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Office location is great and the building is amazing

Cons

- HR is extremely rude and do not care about the employees whatsoever. Be ready for some stern emails from them over really small issues. It doesn't cost anything to be nice? - Supervisors are full of themselves and do not care about their departments career and goals. - If another coordinator is sick/off work, you have to cover them and no one else in the dept helps to cover. What happened to being a team? - the company offers two annual reviews but one of them doesn't give you an opportunity to get promoted or get a raise. Its so redundant, might as well just make it one annual review then? - Company makes you pay for monthly parking if you choose to park in the structure - Company is so old fashioned and old tech. For the longest time before going remote, they would make us print so much paperwork which could easily be saved digitally.

7. 4.0

Good Place To work

Mar 31, 2021 - Media Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great array of clients and channels

Cons

a bit understaffed at times on certain accounts

8. 5.0

Compassionate Company – Stable in the Recession

May 25, 2020 - Media Department in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recession and pandemic have made me realize how lucky I am to be working for a company that cares about its employees in these very uncertain times. Management and my immediate boss have been very communicative while we all work from home. We have longstanding clients that reinforce stability. It’s amazing how working from home has increased bonding and comradery with my co-workers. The crisis has built better friendships. IT support has been exceptional. HR has been keeping us informed regularly.

Cons

In these troubled times, issues that used to take on a heightened sense of attention and could be perceived as cons have taken a back seat. Those seem so unimportant now.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Look Elsewhere

Sep 4, 2020 - Media Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met some great people at Quigley Simpson who I will cherish as my life-long friends. Also, the advertising industry is hard to break into and I was able to jump start my career in Media at Quigley which I am grateful for. The agency is small (at least the media side) and there isn't much structure so you will learn a lot. As an Assistant Media Planner, I got to work closely with various functional teams which broadened my view of Media.

Cons

Unfortunately, the starting pay as an Assistant Media Planner is really terrible but I think it's more of an industry problem than a Quigley Simpson problem. They make you pay for your own parking which is absolutely insane if you consider the fact that you are getting paid little to nothing. They will, however, pay for parking for upper management which also doesn't make sense to me (seems a little unfair). The biggest issue I see with Quigley Simpson is that it's VERY top heavy and the people on top have little to no room for innovation and new ideas. They know they have an easy/chill job and they're perfectly okay with the status quo. The lack of structure and training is a huge problem at Quigley as well. You are managing some of the biggest clients in the world and yet don't have an analytics team to help you with any of the heavy data. Essentially, someone a few months into their job is writing campaign performance summaries and analysis. There's no pow-wows before client calls between the functional teams and one team has no idea what is going on with the other. The reporting is a mess (again, no analytics team) and the clients are always dissatisfied after status calls. If you are an Assistant Media Planner or Media Planner at Quigley Simpson, you will not be invited to any of the happy hours, dinners, or events with vendors and clients. Everyone will talk about it in front of you and make arrangements for ride share, etc. without any remorse. Instead, they will ask you to stay behind and work on reporting by yourself until 9pm. My colleagues and I experienced this MULTIPLE times while working at Quigley Simpson. It feels terrible when you know you are working hard and the team leaves you behind because you're a lowly assistant planner/planner. Overall, the culture is not good. Lastly, when I say there is a lack of structure at Quigley, I mean there is NO structure. My colleague and I had our mid-year "reviews" with our manager and it was basically him talking crap about everyone in the company and him telling us that our boss was getting fired. No talk about personal growth, goals, constructive feedback, nothing. Writing this review makes me realize just how disorganized the agency is/was.

8 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent

This review is one that is incredibly suspicious, so much so that we have engaged Glassdoor management and their legal department to check the IP address from which it emanated. There are many factual inaccuracies in this review, some of which have been addressed in our responses to four recent negative reviews. We have our suspicions as to its authorship, and that will be corroborated through investigation. It is also curious that this disparaging review, along with three other very recent reviews, purportedly by former employees who left the company over a year ago, have the same stylistic elements. Those reviews will also be part of the same investigation. In 18 years of having been in business, and with relatively few Glassdoor reviews over that timeframe, to have four negative similar reviews so close upon one another definitely raises a red flag. Moreover, the fact that no employees have even been working in the office physically for the past six months due to the coronavirus pandemic, this makes the parking issue which was raised in two of them, moot. (Incidentally parking is subsidized for employees and contractors at 70% of the monthly cost.) Finally, none of the particular negative reviews even reference the new senior management team at the company which has been in place for about a year, showing the disparaging reviewer’s lack of understanding of the evolution of the company as it really is.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't care

Jul 8, 2020 - Integrated Media Planner in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible with time and the people are wonderful people

Cons

They didnt take a stand on the Black Lives Matter. For a diverse company, this is terribly disappointing. They have kept on an employee that harassed multiple women for a few months even though they teach that they have a zero tolerance policy. Some of upper management (not all) won't listen to your thoughts or ideas based on your position or age and will instead lie to clients. They also are many opportunities for advancement career-wise, however they have promoted people just for moving to new accounts that are under qualified.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Quigley-Simpson prides itself on our diversity, inclusion values, and strong stance against racism and hate against any person or community. Being one of the most diverse advertising agencies in the United States, Quigley-Simpson firmly believes in demonstrating our commitment to diversity and inclusion through our actions. Our employees are 58% Female and 50% of Quigley-Simpson employees identify as non-white. Additionally, 44% of our Executive Team identifies as non-white. Through a commitment to hire the best candidates, we are very proud that our diversity has happened genuinely and organically. The events that sparked this most recent movement hit a raw nerve for many. While we have addressed it internally, we understand that everyone has been affected by these events differently and for those who expected us to adopt a higher profile presence in this area, we clearly did not satisfy that need. Notwithstanding, we hope we have provided a better understanding of our overall commitment to diversity and inclusion, as well as our stance against racism through our actions and deeds. We’d also like to address the harassment issue brought up in the review. While we did have an employee discharged for inappropriate comments, this person was not kept on for months. They remained employed only for the time it took to conduct a thorough investigation and were terminated once the investigation was completed and allegations were determined to warrant that action. We do not tolerate harassment or workplace abuse of any kind. If you have concerns about any specific situation, please come see HR or any member of the Executive team, so we can address any worries you may have. Glassdoor affords an anonymous opportunity for both current, and in this case former, employees to voice their concerns. However, raising your issues one-on-one with either Human Resources or our CEO directly will yield a response – and often a solution - more tailored to the specific concerns of the individual and we strongly encourage an open dialogue.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews