Quigley-Simpson Reviews

Updated May 25, 2020

3.2
Quigley-Simpson Joint Leadership Committee Leadership Committee (no image)
Leadership Committee
  1. Featured Review

"Compassionate Company – Stable in the Recession"

Current Employee - Media Department in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Quigley-Simpson full-time

Pros

The recession and pandemic have made me realize how lucky I am to be working for a company that cares about its employees in these very uncertain times. Management and my immediate boss have been very communicative while we all work from home. We have longstanding clients that reinforce stability. It’s amazing how working from home has increased bonding and comradery with my co-workers. The crisis has built better friendships. IT support has been exceptional. HR has been keeping us informed regularly.

Cons

In these troubled times, issues that used to take on a heightened sense of attention and could be perceived as cons have taken a back seat. Those seem so unimportant now.

Quigley-Simpson2020-05-26

"Great Place to Enhance a Career"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with leading dominant brands. Developed strong skills in the digital space that I never had before I joined the company. Had an approachable and smart boss who provided mentorship and willingness to teach. Was promoted and rewarded by my manager. Super smart colleagues. Developed very good relationships with my peers who have remained my friends even after I left the company. Was recruited after three years by another company that was impressed with my resume and abilities.

Cons

Long hours. Culture is uneven because of the different departments that don’t often interact across specialties except at monthly meetings and summer and holiday parties (which are fun and inclusive).

Quigley-Simpson2019-08-18

August 19, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that your experience with Quigley-Simpson was positive and made you an attractive recruit for others. We are proud of the high quality of Fortune 500 clients that make up our portfolio and are even more proud of our staff who do quality work to support our client base. We are pleased too that the training, expertise and skills you developed on the job helped you advance. Good luck and may your career path continue with ongoing success and recognition.

3. "Great people, poor management"

Former Employee - Media Planner

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great! People tend to stay for years just for the people

Cons

Management level and up aren't organized and can not lead. There needs to be more structure

Quigley-Simpson2020-05-20

May 27, 2020Director of Talent

We are glad you were able to see and appreciate the quality of the Quigley-Simpson staff who are valuable assets of the agency. It is unfortunate that you weren’t able to find your own niche with us and hope that you will wherever you have landed.

"Lack of training, which lead to leaving upon months after."

Former Employee - Media Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice company building, Good benefits, Nice dining area.

Cons

Lack of training Expectations for new hires are unrealistic Office environment made it seem as though, I was back in high school. People not willing to help, unless you ask first. Getting called out for tasks, knowing that you were not trained. No compensation for commute i.e. (bus, train)

Quigley-Simpson2019-10-02

October 2, 2019Director of Talent

We really appreciate the positive things you had to say about the company. We strive to provide a comfortable environment for our employees and this includes not just the physical environment, but the overall environment – including training. While it never feels good to receive negative feedback, we understand the importance of turning the mirror on ourselves and reflecting on where our responsibility lies. While we recognize our own opportunities for improvement, there are just some skills that a candidate needs to already have to be successful in certain roles. Basic math and excel fall into that category for media. For example, our media supervisor recently spent a significant amount of time recently trying to train a former media coordinator that didn’t understand what 100% meant in pie chart. This is just not a level of training we can reasonably burden our supervisors with. You also made the comment that people are not willing to help unless you ask first. It’s important to understand that people don’t always know you need help if you don’t ask and this sounds like you were able to get help when you did ask for it. We recognize that not every role is a fit for every person and we do wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

"An Agency Where Dreams Go to Die"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly can't think of any other than being located in Brentwood. This company takes hard-working people with dreams to go far in marketing and design and turns them into soulless robots.

Cons

There is no integrity at this company. You're pressured to work insane hours while HR watches your every move. Your manager probably has no experience managing others and therefore makes your life miserable with unrealistic expectations. You can talk to your manager and your manager's manager about any problems you have, but they'll be quietly swept under the rug and nothing will change for the better. There has been more turnover here than I've ever seen at a company. There is rarely any bonding with coworkers outside your department, creating a very isolated work environment. Not to mention, how much better the actual work would be if departments communicated with each other more often.

Quigley-Simpson2019-08-13

August 15, 2019

We always welcome feedback about the agency. We are sorry that this was your experience. Agency environments are considerably different from the average workplace. While they’re creative, fast paced and exciting, they also come with challenging client deadlines and priorities that can shift on short notice and be disruptive because we are in a very demanding service industry. Without any specific details around when you left or what department you worked in, it is difficult to address issues specific to your role, department, or manager. Quigley-Simpson is committed to serving our clients as well as providing our employees with the opportunity for professional growth and we are always actively looking at our processes to see where we can improve. We wish you success in your next job and hope that if you do experience an environment in the future that does not meet your expectations, that you will discuss it with senior management, well above your immediate management hierarchy, which you claim in this instance was unable to help you. No company wants to hear that any former employee had the kind of work experience that you outlined. It’s not good for us and certainly not good for you to have left with a tarnished attitude without resolution because unfortunately it will remain an indelible part of your past, and it did not provide us with a chance to correct it.

"Great Company for the Team Player"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Quigley-Simpson full-time for less than a year

Pros

· Managers encourage employees to take initiative; they value employee input, collaboration, and welcome peer referrals · Good pay · Gritty, positive culture · Actively engaged HR and IT groups · Friendly coworkers · Steady work · Nice location with a good view of the ocean · Good clients HR really went the mile for me shortly after I was hired, and helped resolve a very emotional pain point. From the degree of graceful HR involvement alone, I would recommend this company to anyone. Couple that with the management team, and QS is a true diamond in the rough.

Cons

Long hours at times, but it's advertising. It's the nature of the beast!

Quigley-Simpson2019-03-07

"Smart and Talented Team"

I have been working at Quigley-Simpson full-time

Pros

Diverse and inclusive company. Genuine and caring leadership. Great brands to work on. Quigley-Simpson is very well-respected in the ad industry by clients and even competitors. Good opportunities to get ahead especially on the challenging accounts. Salary is good. The company has great parties, particularly the Holiday party and the Summer party at the beach. Monthly meetings are informative.

Cons

Long hours due to client pressures.

Quigley-Simpson2019-01-22

"Good Place To Work – Collaborative and Friendly People"

I have been working at Quigley-Simpson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

⁃ Very good long-standing, high profile client mix. ⁃ Long -term senior staff members who lead each dept. ⁃ The company has evolved and adapted rapidly to the new digital and social media universe. ⁃ Good learning and growth opportunities. ⁃ Good compensation, promotion & recognition of good performers.

Cons

⁃ Need to have a more cohesive culture ⁃ Not much mingling and interaction between the departments ⁃ Work/Life balance is challenging

Quigley-Simpson2019-01-21

January 21, 2019HR Manager

We appreciate both the pros and the cons. Your feedback regarding interaction between different departments is incredibly useful. This is the kind of feedback that is directional and that we can do the legwork required. Thank you for taking the time to write!

"Good Company with Poor Upper Management"

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great clients and coworkers that make going into work exciting.

Cons

Upper management and leadership make the work environment unenjoyable and somewhat toxic.

Quigley-Simpson2019-01-25

January 25, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts. We do know that our teams do enjoy working with each other and that is a very important contributor to job satisfaction. Moreover, this has inspired greater comradery in the workplace. We even have a group of Quigley-Simpson alumni who often still get together with those with whom they connected while on the job. And that is encouraging to know too. With respect to the Cons, while we respect that this reviewer has the right to say whatever he/she believes, it is unfortunate that this individual did not speak to his/her bosses and even address senior management or HR who have an open door policy and would have listened to and addressed any issues that might have existed during the term of this person’s employment. Employees who don’t make their pain points known are unlikely to see resolution. And it is also unfortunate that those who don’t learn this lesson early in their careers go on to repeat the same patterns when they move on to other jobs. We always welcome it when employees speak to their superiors, and while we are addressing the comments in this review in particular, we want current and future employees to know that our environment is only as good as the people who live and work within it. If you bottle up your anxieties and frustrations, you can’t really expect management to intuitively gauge what is wrong until you speak up. Employees everywhere should realize that most companies want to assure those who feel left out, are brought into the development of a better organization. At Quigley-Simpson, we always welcome the participation and criticism from those who work in the company because we want to make it a better place for all. Improvement and greater job satisfaction can only begin when you speak up. Don’t wait until you leave a company to complain. It will only tarnish and limit your world view.

"Decent"

Former Employee - Freelancer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quigley-Simpson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people, decent pay. Great view, decent clients

Cons

Long hours. Very low tech. PCs that don’t work. Hours of updates make everyone work longer hours. No laptops or work from home.

Quigley-Simpson2018-11-27

November 28, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for the kind words under the “Pros” section because your mention of working with smart people, being well-paid, having a good working environment, and quality clients are really important features of one’s employment, and we appreciate the acknowledgement that you experienced all of that at Quigley-Simpson. Let’s address the “Cons": You have chosen to work in the advertising industry and therefore the norm is to dedicate long hours to the job as you ascend up the ladder of seniority. There is greater responsibility and higher pay that comes with that and usually so does longer hours on the job. Moreover, you were compensated for the hours you spent as a freelancer. We do not typically issue laptops to freelancers to work from home. But if that had been part of your assignment, it could have been relatively easily arranged. Your complaint about system updates and loss of productivity is baffling. We perform monthly maintenance and updates and these are always done on Saturdays. In addition, any optional upgrades could have or should be done as your last act before going home, so that the approximately 45 minutes that those take to perform would not have affected your work performance. Supervisors are encouraged to have open door policies and If you had issues relating to your productivity, we are sorry that you did not you choose to talk directly with your supervisor rather than raising this issue for the first time in this public forum. Your issues were easily resolvable and we encourage you to take a more direct approach with your supervisor in your next position. We wish you well with your endeavors.

Found 47 reviews