KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

RRM Design Group Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 33 of over 34 reviews

4.7
RRM Design Group CEO/President Erik P. Justesen, ASLA, LEED AP  (no image)
Erik P. Justesen, ASLA, LEED AP
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team oriented, exciting projects, inclusive culture

Cons

Business practices to work on, but continuously striving for better.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good organization

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.

Cons

An emphasis on the business side of things sometimes compromises actual project organization and quality.

RRM Design Group Response

Thank you for your review of RRM on Glassdoor, I really appreciate that you took the time to write your impressions. Your input is valuable and helps us as we strive to be a better company. Thanks!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Designer

Aug 14, 2021 - Designer in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many Friendly coworkers. They have fun events. There are a lot of different disciplines so that’s also nice.

Cons

The firm has mostly white make leaders. It’s a little hard to get your voice heard over time. But you can move up over time.

RRM Design Group Response

Thank you for your review comments on Glassdoor. We are very aware and focused on DEI to your comment. Part of our DEI efforts are guided by our DEI strategic plan and the strategies and targets outlined in our company wide strategic plan. our goal is to intentionally and purposefully increase the diversity of gender and race at all levels in our company. While we are frankly not very diverse at this time, we are committed to changing that element of our firm and working hard to change how we recruit, retain and build diversity. Thanks very much for your comments as they are very valuable and help us become a better company.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 2, 2021 - Designer in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-multidisciplinary team offers a variety of knowledge -supportive coworkers and management -fun office activities

Cons

-working within the different disciplines of the office can be challenging

RRM Design Group Response

Thank you for posting your review! It really helps to share your thoughts and ideas to help make RRM better. We are all in it together and I’m grateful to work with so many fine professionals! Thx

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company

Nov 10, 2020 - Computer Technician I in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great workplace, great employees and management. 100% Employee owned

Cons

There are many deadlines, but it is just a part of the industry.

RRM Design Group Response

Thanks for reviewing RRM on Glass Door! We are stoked that you are stoked working here. Keep up the great work and don't hesitate to share how we can work together to make RRM the best it can be.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A nice place to work with good benefits

Nov 11, 2020 - Project Engineer II in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits. In a good location

Cons

Management doesn’t seem to be all that helpful

RRM Design Group Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions and experience at RRM. While we are far from perfect, we try really hard to do what's right and make the best company for us all to work for. Thanks again!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid Workplace

Aug 28, 2020 - Civil Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

RRM is filled with friendly, smart, hard-working people. While at work, you are expected to work hard, but the company understands the value of a work-life balance; I can’t speak for everyone, but being asked to work past my 8 hour shift is rare.

Cons

If you want a job where you can screw around on your phone all day this isn’t for you.

1 person found this review helpful

RRM Design Group Response

Thanks for your post on glass Door and your great comments about RRM. We miss seeing all of our teammates in each office due to the pandemic and are trying hard to keep connected to all. We wouldn't be anything without our amazing team of dedicated and hard working professionals. Be well and stay safe

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The Joy of a career!

Aug 29, 2018 - Principal in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since before I started working at RRM, the firm was known for its exceptional work and exciting work environment. Now having been with the firm for many years, it is truly extended family. The culture is friendly, safe, fun and driven by a desire for excellence in making a difference in the world around us. I have been able to grow in my profession and utilize my particular skill set and style in being a contributor to the firm's success. There is so much opportunity for professional and personal growth. As much as the work can be demanding, the family culture of RRM makes the integration of family and work more natural and promotes the balance of family/work demands. I couldn't be more thankful to have become a part of this great company

Cons

The downside of work at RRM has to be the "feast or famine" aspect of our industry which can be challenging. However, for the reasons outlined above, if I am going to be in this industry, I would prefer to be part of a firm like RRM

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great office environment

Aug 29, 2018 - Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great variety of project types and services with a collaborative environment between planners, engineers and architects. Room to move up with mentor and leadership programs. Good firm size, work life balance, knowledgeable staff, nice coworkers and working atmosphere, community involvement, and good benefits.

Cons

The only things, that are really more about the profession than this office, are deadlines and budgets can be tight so work can be really busy and then tapper off and back again.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people and great company

Aug 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work, great benefit and wonderful people

Cons

Not applicable since this is a great company to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews