Radius Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

It is so refreshing to work with nice, intelligent, and engaged people! Radius is where it is at - innovative and open minded. Everyone works together and performs at a high level. The executive management team is very open and engaged. They WANT you to know what is going on with the company and how everyone is a part of the success. This bank has created something special - something I haven't seen since my very early days in financial services.

Cons

None. Even the ice tea is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Feb 10, 2017 – AVP Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback! As always, please share any thoughts on ways we can improve. We are always looking for suggestions on ways to improve our workplace!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time

Pros

I have worked here for a few years and find it to be a great company. The benefits are excellent, especially the student loan pay down program and the subsidized parking and/or commutation. It is always busy, however they are very flexible with allowing people to work from home when necessary. The bank is growing which provides a lot of upside opportunity.

Cons

I really can't say that there is any down side to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "Time to love your job...."

Current Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like knowing everyone you work with and being in a successful and smart environment, then this is perfect for you. It's a group of the best of the best with the knowledge to take your career into a place to grow and learn, at the same time of actually love coming to work!

Cons

If working upstairs from Dunkin Donuts is a con, then there it is. But otherwise Radius has all the resources you need to make a difference and be a part of the future way to bank.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do! Working with this team of brilliant and energetic group of people that all want the same success is rewarding and motivating!

4. "How we really treat customers"

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Radius Bank part-time

Pros

The food at our company potlucks

Cons

Racist treat people poorly steal from customers the list is almost endless

Advice to Management

Close the doors immediately

"Credit"

I worked at Radius Bank full-time

Pros

Casual work environemt, Great benefits, good people to work with

Cons

People not always put in the best position to succeed. Need to share vision of CEO or you will struggle

Jun 16, 2017 – AVP Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your comments. We agree that our people are our biggest asset! We're sorry you felt you didn't have the resources you needed to succeed at Radius. We strive to have a collaborative... More

"4 Ts: Training Toxic Technology Turnover"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some nice people that work there. Location is great, accessible via silver line and the bank subsidizes parking at lot behind building for many employees. Bank is trying to retain employees through cookouts out back, beer/ wine afterhours, icecream truck, employee family events, pizza lunches, etc. Benefits are generous. Some people are promoted quickly.

Cons

Training and infrastructure are nonexistent, therefore, people are set up to fail and are very stressed to the point of toxicity. Although the bank likes to call itself virtual, back office systems are antiquated and do not interface well so leads to redundant work, lots of manual processes, lack of reporting which would make job easier, poor customer service, etc. And they have made several poor choices on software purchases which could have improved this. The bank tried to go public and failed. They were bought in mid 2016 by bank investors and plan to try to go public again in 3-5 years. Turnover volume is insanely high. They have recently lost/ replaced many key roles including the head of compliance, head of security, head of commercial lending, the head of credit, the head of cash management, the head of IT, the head of SBA, lost several lenders, turned over the entire branch staff, lost the treasurer, etc. Mike Butler thinks he's Jack Welch and believes in culling of the herd and does not realize or does not care what a negative effext turnover has on morale and customer service. He refers to it as "human capital" and disparages those that have left . With those that stay, he has favorites. Many people have been promoted, but not always the right person for the job and they move around who is in charge of departments, such as customer service- the branch- like chess pieces.

Advice to Management

Giving an employee a burger or a free lunch does not make up for not properly traing them to do their job and setting them up to fail. Some people (marketing) have too much staff even though most everything is outsourced while other important areas are overtaxed and stressed to the pount of toxicity. Given the fact that you were not so long ago under supervison by the regulators you would think that back office technolgy and reporting would have more importance. Finally, despite how you try to justify it turnover is not good and you have a terrible reputation in the marketplace because of it. I think that this advice will fall on deaf ears because I believe senior management has sold their souls and is waiting for a sweet retirement package when/ if they go public.

Jun 16, 2017 – AVP Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that as a fast- paced, rapidly growing organization we have come up against some challenges related to infrastructure and technology. As you know we... More

"Part Time service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great boss in Carl. Nice office space in South Boston.

Cons

Awful technology, banking system run by 1980s Cobalt tech and only updated by layering more, buggy software to make the database Microsoft 2003 compatible.

Advice to Management

Update your database. Seriously.

8. "Growing Pains but on the right path"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Radius is uniquely fast-paced and dynamic for a bank. In a lot of ways, it feels like a startup. You will have the opportunity to get experience outside of your role and new ideas are often welcomed. It is very much what you make of it.

Cons

Workloads can be high and the environment can be high-pressure. Some departments are better than other. I feel these are true at most companies.

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology and automated solutions

9. "Good Opportunities"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President, Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and a fantastic mentorship program. Many smart and fun people to work with and learn from. The company is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy which is creating new opportunities all the time.

Cons

None that you wouldn’t find elsewhere or that you should be wary of. It’s not a bad place to work and it’s also what you make of it.

"Radius"

I worked at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

student loan benefits, good health insurance, great location, dunkin donuts downstairs

Cons

very stressful, repetitive, upper management favors a select few, HR is devious, they do not follow up on promises or give proper training.