Radius Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

MICHAEL A. BUTLER

"Part Time service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great boss in Carl. Nice office space in South Boston.

Cons

Awful technology, banking system run by 1980s Cobalt tech and only updated by layering more, buggy software to make the database Microsoft 2003 compatible.

Advice to Management

Update your database. Seriously.

2. "Growing Pains but on the right path"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Radius is uniquely fast-paced and dynamic for a bank. In a lot of ways, it feels like a startup. You will have the opportunity to get experience outside of your role and new ideas are often welcomed. It is very much what you make of it.

Cons

Workloads can be high and the environment can be high-pressure. Some departments are better than other. I feel these are true at most companies.

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology and automated solutions

3. "Good Opportunities"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President, Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and a fantastic mentorship program. Many smart and fun people to work with and learn from. The company is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy which is creating new opportunities all the time.

Cons

None that you wouldn’t find elsewhere or that you should be wary of. It’s not a bad place to work and it’s also what you make of it.

"Radius"

I worked at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

student loan benefits, good health insurance, great location, dunkin donuts downstairs

Cons

very stressful, repetitive, upper management favors a select few, HR is devious, they do not follow up on promises or give proper training.

6. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

It is so refreshing to work with nice, intelligent, and engaged people! Radius is where it is at - innovative and open minded. Everyone works together and performs at a high level. The executive management team is very open and engaged. They WANT you to know what is going on with the company and how everyone is a part of the success. This bank has created something special - something I haven't seen since my very early days in financial services.

Cons

None. Even the ice tea is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Radius Bank Response

Feb 10, 2017 – AVP Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback! As always, please share any thoughts on ways we can improve. We are always looking for suggestions on ways to improve our workplace!

7. "Good Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of celebration for the employees. HR does a great job on organizing events - Thompson Island event is one of the best.

Cons

The managers should communicate more with their employees, and not be 'they know it all'.

Radius Bank Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoy the events, we enjoy them too!

8. "Always Something to Celebrate!"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time

Pros

I have been here at Radius for a few months now and it has been great thus far. Every other day there is food or cake served in the break room to celebrate either someone's birthday or any advancement made in the bank. Multiple themed parties have also been thrown which everyone seems to love. They've had everything from 4th of July BBQ's to Cowboy line dancing. It's a blast. There is clearly a great sense of company culture. It is like one big family.

Cons

I sometimes wish they had more tea in the break room.......

"Haters gonna hate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Radius Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a little shocked to see some of the negative reviews on here - I referred a friend for an opening here and they told me that they stumbled upon this site during their research of Radius. Luckily, they didn't let it affect their decision to join the team and they are now happily working there. I worked at Radius for 3+ years and have nothing but good things to say. Why did I leave, you wonder? To be closer to home - my commute was rough. But now that I'm at my new job, I wish I never left Radius. The culture is better than anywhere I've ever worked in my 20+ year career. But, there are some folks you can never seem to please though - and fortunately for Radius, the majority of the negative, pessimistic and unappreciative complainers are gone as of recently, and oh, what a difference that made!!! (You can get a sense of their negativity by reading any of the bad reviews you'll see here)
    BUT if you like:
    -Being appreciated and rewarded for your hard work
    -having an open door policy and direct communication to the CEO, CFO and entire Senior Leadership Team
    -a work hard/play hard environment
    -flexibility to work from home (certain departments)
    - a fun, friendly culture with GREAT, NICE people
    - a company that does all sorts of stuff to show staff appreciation (pizza days, summer BBQs, monthly happy hours, ice cream socials, pot-luck luncheons, annual zeppole day, annual chinese food luncheon, Pats superbowl lunch celebrations, tickets to B's and Sox games for high performers, family day at King's Bowling, bonfire lobster bake at Thompson Island, just to name a few)...
    Then you will love working there. If you hate those things, like the negative nancy's below, then it is not the place for you.
    There is lots of internal advancement so opportunities for advancement are there for the taking if you want them!

Cons

Running out of office space, but they are re-designing the space this summer.
    Medical co-pay is a little higher than I've had in the past, but that was also being researched by HR

Advice to Management

Continue to weed out the negative, non-performers and that will make a difference for everyone working there.
    Consider "Holiday hours" across the board (some teams get to leave early on Fridays, or before Holidays and it would be ideal if there was a way for everyone to do the same) (hard to do with Customers, though)

10. "Tons of growth potential!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a forward-thinking institution that has invested in growth through new and emerging technologies. It's definitely not your average bank! Personally, I have had a great experience at Radius for the short time I have been here. Hard work definitely pays off and meeting goals is heavily appreciated.

Cons

The bank is results-driven and is looking for people with new and exciting ideas. If you are someone of the "that's the way we've always done it" mentality, you will not like working at Radius.

Advice to Management

Make sure that ideas are built from the ground up so that all employees truly understand the strategic vision of the bank.

"If enough people say it....it must be true"

I have been working at Radius Bank full-time

Pros

Dunkin on the first floor, working for the right team has its percs.....so I have heard. You get to wear jeans.

Cons

No room for growth unless you know the right people or are connected with the right people.

Advice to Management

Get a new management team.