Razor Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Rep/Leader"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Razor Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many companies give you the opportunity Razor Management does. When they talk about a nonexistent glass ceiling, they aren't wrong. I have been working at Razor for about 5 months now and it's been a blast. The team there really gives you the tools to grow and it's up to you if you want to use them. That's what I like. You aren't forced to do anything and you learn a lot of valuable skills.

This is a marketing/selling type of job so it isn't for the faint of heart. Prepare to do a lot of work, but when you do, the rewards are great. Use the tools and you will do awesome!!

Cons

There aren't really cons to this job, but it is face to face selling/marketing in Sam's Club.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I know there are a lot of changes going on and you guys are handling it great! The only thing I would recommend is that communication needs to be stronger across the board. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Other than that, its great!

2. "Great company to work for and I learned a lot"

Former Employee - Intern in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Intern in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Razor Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern this past summer and I learned a great deal about sales and general business decisions. Even though I was an intern they treated me very well and I even got to participate in some of the behind the scenes stuff. I really liked the company culture of work hard play hard and the work ethic of everyone there.

Cons

Sometimes it can be stressful to try to meet goals but they do give you the right tools to succeed. You have to be on your feet for the majority of the day so I would invest in some good shoes.

"Not a real job"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Razor Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to interact with a lot of different people each day.

Cons

You are forced to become an irritating sales person and pitch to 100 people a day as they walk past you in a super market.
    The pay is a joke and they will not schedule you a full 40 hours so they don't have to offer you benefits.
    It is not marketing or management- it is sales.
    The turnover rate is extremely high.
    Their business model is closely related to that of a pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

Shut down.

Feb 7, 2019 – President

Thanks for the feed back but I'm confused.
    Job defined: paid position of regular employment. check
    Never forced anyone to do anything...
    No positions in super markets
    After 1st week training... More

"Poor place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Razor Management Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Tammy, the office admin, is very kind and tries to be as helpful as possible.

Cons

The communication skills of the owner are that of an elementary student. Goals are unclear and often undefined, everything is unorganized, and he seems overwhelmed by the recent expansions into new product offerings. The pay scale is poor and the incentive programs were randomly enforced or forgotten. Paychecks are often incorrect and you have to try to get ahold of the owner to get it corrected. Then you often would have to argue for the correct adjustments to your pay. The convince you to join on the promise of "management training", but this is nothing more than a low end, multi-level marketing scheme designed to benefit no one other than the owner.

Advice to Management

Change completely or continue to watch the company fail.

Feb 7, 2019 – President

I appreciate your feed back.

As with all companies the new year brings changes. When a client hires a company
    they expect results. We at Razor Management are fortunate to represent 8 very large... More

5. "Had a blast!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Razor Management Group full-time

Pros

The Management Team! Everyone there is super helpful and really cares about you!
    You make a hourly wage with commission on top of that.
    Loved everyone there ! I only left because I had opportunity to go back to school to finish degree I had been working on. Miss them already, would like to come back after I finish school??

Cons

There were no cons, I love people and I enjoy sales.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate the fact that your value your employees input and that you try to use everyones ideas, treating everyone like they are family is nice too.

6. "Having Fun and Making Money!"

I have been working at Razor Management Group full-time

Pros

Everyone gets along and works as a team, if you need something you can ask anyone and they are always ready to help. Made enough money to be able to buy a car. Love not living paycheck to paycheck and its great that I control how much I make.

Cons

My experience so far has been excellent, I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Believing in your team and letting them advance as they like makes this career path a great opportunity. Thanks!

"Multi-level marketing - pure sales position"

I worked at Razor Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't really think of any honestly. Everyone at the office seemed nice I guess.

Cons

They bait you in with the idea of "management training" and promises of team building nights on the company dime. They also claim that the work day is over at 4 on many job postings, when in fact you will be in Wal Mart or Sam's club slinging DirecTV or Cox subscriptions until 7 p.m. That's all this gig is

Aug 8, 2018 – President

ANONYMOUS-We at Razor Management are proud to have 6 of the top 10 Most Valuable Brands in the World "per Business Insider" in our portfolio! One of the fastest growing industry's is... More

8. "Nope"

I have been working at Razor Management Group part-time

Pros

The people there were kind.

Cons

They will tell you that they laid everything out for you straight upon hire, but they do not explain thoroughly. Also, they explain you will be paid at least 750 a paycheck--that's a lie. That 750 is for a months wages. Don't waste your time.

Jun 16, 2018 – President

To Anonymous- as always we value your feedback as we strive to make Razor Management a better place. For future employees that may be reading this review I stress an "Open Door Policy" being a... More

"Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Razor Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has by far the best opportunity in terms of work provided. If you consider yourself a people person, a hard worker, and you like motivated work then I'd say this is for you. We are under the umbrella of some really special companies and as an individual who graduated from the university of Arkansas this past may this is a perfect gig for me.

Cons

Pay ranges from week to week, depends on how hard you work but the work is also a bit cyclical in itself, some weeks are just slow. So as a salesperson its something to keep in mind.

Advice to Management

The management in this company treats you as an equal, they lay everything out in front of you and it's your decision if it's something you want to pursue or not.

May 11, 2017 – President

Our company is only as good as our employees! I appreciate your input and will work hard to make sure you have the opportunity to grow your career

"Great opportunity for anyone with a student mentality that desires a limitless chance for advancement."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Farmington, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Farmington, AR

I have been working at Razor Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company boast an amazing group of people the are absolutely there to help you become the best person possible. They are there to teach and train and ultimately lead you to a place where you can become the owner of your own business.

Cons

Lots of time spent on your feet so where comfortable shoes. You will encounter many potential customers who are rude and have no desire to interact with you so a tough hide is recommended.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice for the management. They are excellent!

May 11, 2017 – President

We have several markets coming on line so hopefully you will be able to make the transition from the field to the office within 6 months. Our thought process is "would you rather be trained by... More